Wrapping Text to next cell?

Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex
cell below it?

thanks Bria

Hi
no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells -
alignment'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next
> cell below it?
>
> thanks Brian
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Count number of cells with "CAC"
I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other. How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell? -- Janet A. =COUNTIF(A:A,"CAC") or =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) where B1 houses your text. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC5E3F85-DAE7-4174-9182-FAD9DE244E1B@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or >Other. > > How can I have Excel enter the number of each typ...

cell reference #2
I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the maximum value in column A using =max(a1:a100) but i also want the cell reference of this value. how can i do this. thanks Use the MATCH function - it will give you the relative position of the maximum value in your range, and as this begins at A1 then this is the same as the row. If you have two maximum values, however, it will only report the first occurrence. Hope this helps. Pete lees news wrote: > I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the > maximum value in column A using =m...

Formula with text
We do fixed assets on excel spreadsheet. Each worksheet is an new month. Formula is =K47*$M$2. The M represents the current month (7) and this number is entered on Row 2 M. We acquired the new asset in February and we only want to depreciate it for six months. This formula no longer works if we enter the current month of (7) in M. Can you help me? DD, What does the K47*M2 represent with respect to the fixed assets or what is K47? When you say you only wish to depreciate the new asset for 6 months, is that its entire useful life or are you taking a 1/2 year convention where 1/2 of...

Transfer automatically the format of one cell to other cell
I have applied specific formats to cells (format of the fonts) on sheet. On the same workbook but on different sheet i have some cells gettin their values directly from cells of the first sheet. Example: The value of the cell C4 of the sheet 2 is given by: =sheet1!C22 HOW can i keep the existing font type of shell C22 on cell C4, bu without apllying it to each one individually Thanks for your tim -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your reply in public.excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have applied specific formats to cells (format of the font...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

remove the text preview in a slide text box
My slide has a text box and the bullits are grayed out until I select them in my presentation. How can I remove the grayed out preview? That is just a placeholder until you put text into it. It does not show up until your in the slide presentation mode. If you want a blank slide without a place holder you need to select new slide and select the blank option. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Ken V" <Ken V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33DE7C8-4082-44A4-8499-91094BBA7FCC@microsoft.com... My slide has a text box and the bullits ar...

Using logic to change the fill in a cell
Hi all, I'm still getting to grips with the finer points of Excel, and can't work out whether the following is possible: On my worksheet I have a "master" date, which is always today's date. In other cells, other dates will appear. What I'm after is to put a formula in these cells, so when a cell's date matches the "master" date the colour fill of that cell changes to whatever I like. In effect, that days' work would be flagged up at a glance. As I say, I'm new to the formula / programming side of Excel so don't even kow if this is possib...

Calculating text boxes
I'm running a report on how to split up the fee for a band. Because all members of the band aren't equal (eg road crew work on a fixed fee) I have a code allocated to each member. Members Crew Agent In my query I have calculated a subtotal after the fixed fees are taken out and I now want to divide the remainder up amongst the Members equally. In my report I now have a field [FeeSubtotal] and a calculating text box called Text 27 with the control source =-Sum([Code]="Member") As an example, when I run the report the field show FeeSubtotal $5170 and the Text box showing ...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Funky text justification
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040208070607020604080801 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Publisher 2007. Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be spread out like this for no reason and then the next line will be fine. Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the fu...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

detect a filled out cell
Hi, I would like to check a column. If a cell has text, i want to increase a counter. could it be done using SUMIF ? something like SUMIF(Page1!A:A;cell <>"";total=total+1) i don't want to use VBA thanks, Alain Hi Alain, =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>") It will count all non-empty cells, also numbers -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Alain R." <no.valid@email.com> wrote in message news:uhSHao02DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to check a column. > If a cell has text, i want to increase a coun...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

Cell Referencing #3
I'm having a slight problem with referencing to a cell. One cell is a simple SUM formula, which returns a number. Is there any way that I can somehow make the returned number from this cell to the row number in a cell reference in a formula for another cell? For instance, say for F10, I have =SUM(some range). In H10, I want to put in a formula that says =G(F10) + 5, where F10 would correspond to the value returned by the sum, making that the row number in the G column. Thank you for any help Hi Yes you can!! Try something like this: =INDIRECT("G"&F10+5) You were pret...

Hand cursor (with mailto: info) appears over other cells.
I have a user who uses the hyperlink feature in Excel to open up new messages to clients by clicking on their e-mail addresses within the spreadsheet. We've recently seen a behavior where even if she clicks over the client's name or address, the hand cursor still appears and instead of being able to edit the cell, it opens a new email to that client. I'm not sure what has happened. Any ideas? ...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

How to apply more than one IF condition in 1 cell
i have 3 dates referring to a period and where i want under the formula cells to have the following if the value of the header of the table which is dats is between the first 2 dats than 1 for true and 0 for false and if the date in the header is between the 2nd and third date than 2 for true and 0 for false what is the formula try something like this =if(a1>highestdate,1,if(a1>nexthighestdate,2,0)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Cesar" <Cesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63ED9F5-7662-408B-A156-943505D6146D@microso...

A macro for deleting lines of text
Hi I need to delete all lines except those containing the Text NMI, FromDate>, To Date> Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this Macro when I run it, it deletes all lines? Public Sub DeleteNonSpecific Rows() Dim rCell As Range Dim rDelete As Range For Each rCell In Range("A1:A" & _ Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rCell If Not (Text) = " FromDate>" Or _ (Text) = " ToDate>" Or _ ...

Append Record with Next Consecutive Number (not Autonumber)
Hi, I have a table with two columns: ID, Version. I would like to make a query that will append a record with the same ID, but the next consecutive version number. Example: ID-Version 1-1 2-1 2-2 If I want to create a new version for ID 1, then the query will create a new record: 1-2 If I want to create a new version for ID 2, then the query will create a new record: 2-3 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! shm135 wrote: >I have a table with two columns: ID, Version. > >I would like to make a query that will append a record with the same >ID, but the ...

Bold some text within a text box
I have a text box hosting a memo field. I have had a user request for the ability to bold some words within the text box. I suspect it is not possible within a text box but is there a way to do it? Or will it require a custom control? If it requires a custom control, what would be involved in changing over? Presumably existing text will automatically come in unformatted but are there any other things to consider? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. It is possible only in Access 2007. In table ...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

4-Sided Text Border
I want to print continuous text all around the outside border of my document . The only way I can figure out how to do it is use 4 text boxes & line 'em up as a border. Which I'll do if that's the only way . . . Is there a way to make one continuous text border around a document? Thanks so much! No way in Publisher to make one continuous text box. Your way (4 text boxes) will work. You could copy/paste special as a .png, this will allow cropping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <...

cell populate with corresponding match.
I have an excel sheet with two columns of importance one is names the other is score. let's for uniformity's sake say name starts at A1 and score starts at B1. In a set of different cells on the same sheet I will periodically put a name from the name column, I want the score to populate in the cell right next to it. How do I do it. Thanks in advance. If your name is in C1 , enter this formula in D1: =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B200,2,FALSE) Adjust B200 to your needs -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "cherrynich" <cherrynich@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Displaying simple URL in CDialog as underlined text
Hi all, First of all I'd like to say that I'm quite new to MFC and Win32 APIs and my question might seem trivial to HC MFC programmers. I have a dialog based MFC application. When the user selects Help->About.. the application shows yet another dialog with some information on it. There's an URL too on the dialog. I've managed to make the URL, which is a CStatic text, clickable and once clicked it opens up a web browser using ShellExecute. However I'd like the text to be blue and underlined to show the user that it is a hyperlink indeed. Now it is just like ...