Wrap text cuts off on print

User has a cell with alot of text in it.
User is wrapping text
Text is cut off when printed
Office XP, Excel2002
Are there additional text functions to try to fitting in
width content in a cell for printing?
Is there is a maximum cell content?

0
anonymous (74721)

Could the cut off problem be caused by the Print Area?

Maybe you could try movng the Margins to expand, or use Fit to 1 pag
or Adjust to a smaller percent in the Scaling option of the Page tab i
the Page Setup dialog box?

Also, how about using Shrink to fit in addition to Wrap text?

I don't know about a maximum cell content but I just entered the lette
"a" into a cell over 1,000 times. (I used LEN to count them)

Perhaps VBA could be the way to limit a certain amount of text/number
entered in a cell

Circe

Excel Help states that "a cell can contain 32,767 characters but only 1024
will be visible or can be printed."

If you set the cell to wrap-text and place some ALT + ENTERS after every few
hundred characters you can get some more characters in the cell.

Before you take Help or my suggestion literally you may find some
enlightenment regarding the limitations of text in a cell in this google
search result.

http://snurl.com/26vl

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:45:53 -0700, "Circe"

>User has a cell with alot of text in it.
>User is wrapping text
>Text is cut off when printed
>Office XP, Excel2002
>Are there additional text functions to try to fitting in
>width content in a cell for printing?
>Is there is a maximum cell content?

0
Gord