WOrksheets 12-21-09

I have one file with two worksheets. They are both the same, but one
worksheet needs to be re arranged to be easier to read alter information
while the other has to remain in a certain format so it can be uploaded into
my accounting system.

They have been successfully linked, but when I g to re arrange the first
worksheet, it automatically re arranges the second worksheet when I dont want
it to.

The current formula I have is =Worksheet!$D$2

Thanks

Hi Smirlface,

Re-arrange the second worksheet instead.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Smirlface" <Smirlface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A2B246A-0BC1-411E-B839-3D3CBC909ED4@microsoft.com...
>I have one file with two worksheets. They are both the same, but one
> worksheet needs to be re arranged to be easier to read alter information
> while the other has to remain in a certain format so it can be uploaded into
> my accounting system.
>
> They have been successfully linked, but when I g to re arrange the first
> worksheet, it automatically re arranges the second worksheet when I dont want
> it to.
>
> The current formula I have is =Worksheet!$D$2
>
> Thanks
0
macropod
12/21/2009 4:04:51 AM
unfortunately the second worksheet with the formula in it has to remain in
that format as it needs to be uploaded into an accounting system

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi Smirlface,
>
> Re-arrange the second worksheet instead.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "Smirlface" <Smirlface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A2B246A-0BC1-411E-B839-3D3CBC909ED4@microsoft.com...
> >I have one file with two worksheets. They are both the same, but one
> > worksheet needs to be re arranged to be easier to read alter information
> > while the other has to remain in a certain format so it can be uploaded into
> > my accounting system.
> >
> > They have been successfully linked, but when I g to re arrange the first
> > worksheet, it automatically re arranges the second worksheet when I dont want
> > it to.
> >
> > The current formula I have is =Worksheet!$D$2
> >
> > Thanks
> .

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Formatting Problems 02-09-10
Words at the end of a line are not hyphenating or moving to the next line so that at the end of a line I continuously have a portion of a word on one line and the rest of it on the next without any rhyme or reason except that it's the end of the line and must wrap to the next. The paragraph is left aligned and I have tried opening a new document and it's still happening. So whatever the formatting problem is, it's on my Normal template now too. The documents are corrupt, and it would appear that your Normal template now is as well. If you've change the default f...

print a worksheet out from another worksheet
Hi all, I have a validation list that shows all the worksheets in the workbook, I want to beable to select the a worksheet from the list and print it out without having to go to the sheet. Can this be done if so how? Cheers --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi With the list in A1 on Sheet1 for example you can use this macro Sub printtest() Dim str As String str = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Sheets(str).PrintOut End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid&g...

Excel data in one cell, need to copy specific values to another worksheet in different cells
I am attempting to copy financial data from one worksheet to another. Unfortunately, the worksheet that I am copying from is formatted as one column of data in column A. The data appears as follows in column A: DISTRICT: Adams County/Ohio Valley Local COUNTY: Adams IRN: 061903 ADM, VALUATION & MILLAGE (1983-1984) SOURCE: SF12 Line 3 Basic ADM 4,916 Assessed value 480,468,317 Total ADM 5,769 Valuation/Basic ADM 97,736 Voted millage (Incl JVS) 20.80 Class1 eff tax rate 20.14 BASIC STATE AID (1983-...

Email from access 11-25-09
Can anyone point me in the right direction for sending emails from an access database. I would like the user to be able to click on a button and have an email sent to an address stored in the table with an attachment created by the access form. (ex. attach an excel sheet to the email). Doing a google search I've only been able to find examples of linking access with outlook, which i do not use. Thanks Glenn There are various solutions depending on your needs. Take a look at the ..SendObject Method or if you wish to automate Outlook then take a look at http://www.d...

Sorting multiple worksheets simultaneously
Hi!! Is there any way to sort multiple worksheets in a workbook simultaneously (ie instead of sorting each sheet individually)? I have a file with 30+ sheets, each sheet set up identically (ie the same data type in the same column on each sheet), but (obviously) containing different data. There's a complication as well - each sheet has 50 rows, comprising links to other files. Not all of the rows actually contain relevant data (ie in some rows the result of the link is 'zero'), but the rows that contain data come before any rows that do not. For example, on sheet 1 (even th...

Merging worksheets #2
I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do that? -- Ajtorrence Have it all on one sheet? or add it together on a 3rd sheet? Please provide more info. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81C2F7CF-ED32-4A6C-BE36-1512B18FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do >that? > -- > Ajtorrence ...

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

Toolbars #12
I've created my own toolbar. what VBA code would I write to select/delete that specific toolbar? hi, Add a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="CTB").Visible = True Delete a custom tool bat: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Delete Hide a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Visible = False Show a custom tool bar: Application.CommandBars("CTB").Visible = True regards FSt1 "dstiefe" wrote: > I've created my own toolbar. what VBA code would I write to select/delete > that specific...

Copy a Worksheet problem
Hi. I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a diagonal line through it). I have used this procedure many times before. What has changed? What can I do? Thanks, Dave Moore Perhaps you have protected the workbook under Tools>Protection Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:31:20 -0700 (PDT), david.moore@uuplc.co.uk wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. >When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a >diagonal line t...

Worksheet in a worksheet?
Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? Regards Philip Have you tried Insert>Object>Create from File - enter the filename and check the Display as icon checkbox "Philip Reece-Heal" wrote: > Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can > insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? > > Regards > Philip > > > I don't think so. You can insert a workbook into a worksheet, though. Just like a .doc file (insert|object). Philip ...

Outlook client problems 12-13-05
When I attempt to startup Outlook 2003 SP2 after installing the LightClient.msi I receive the following error: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/drlo/5.jpg After Outlook starts up, I have a CRM mail folder with very limited content. The application event log contains errors of the following nature: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/drlo/6.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/drlo/7.jpg Is there a know cause for this error? Or even better: a solution? Thanks in advance for any replies. Johan Kooijman We had a similar issue Makje sure the CRM web site is in a Trusted zon...

Worksheet within a Worksheet
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a worksheet within a worksheet? I need to reference an extensive list of account numbers within a worksheet and I don't want the account numbers running all the way down the sheet. What do you mean by "reference"? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- <michaelburkett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120850412.61...

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Worksheets
I want to apply conditional formatting to the same cell on 12 worksheets within one workbook in Excel 2007. As soon as I select multiple worksheets, the conditional formatting option is greyed out. The workbook is not shared or protected and I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003. Please help! Hi, That is how it seems to work in 2007, this could be intentional or it could be a bug, I will file it as a bug report. Your solution: Format the first cell or range on one sheet. Click the Format Painter Click the tab for the first sheet you want formatted the same way, either Shift c...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...

how to merge data from numerous worksheets into one sheet.
Hi,I'm trying to merge data from numerous worksheets, with varying numbers of rows, but the same column headings, into the one worksheet. i've been cutting and pasting to get the desired results but it takes at least 15 minutes per workbook. Does anyone know if this is feasible? (Skill level?, I would say I'm no more than a casual user) Thanks in advance. What specifically is meant by 'merge data' To do complete rows, filter the book to be copied and Select, Copy and Paste as one selection, To do matching cell data, use VLookup for the columns required. Any further...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

saving individual worksheet
When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even when I save Worksheet 3, when I open it, it shows up as Worksheet 1. Any clues what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie (shocker!). bob Bob, This is not typical, so how are you saving the individual worksheet? What steps do you take? -- HTH Bob Phillips "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Om%5b.110$Yt.17@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even > when I save Worksheet 3, when I open ...

What is the SalesStage in the lower right hand corner of Opportuni 11-12-07
Hi, When I open an opportunity, there is a read-only text on the lower right hand corner says: "Sales Stage: None", when the actual Sales Stage on the form is something else, for example "In Progress". Does anyone know where does this sales stage come from? How is its value set? And why is it not in synch with the Sales Stage on the form? Thanks on advance, Paulo Pina you can set stages into sales process through workflow. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexp...

Is there a keystoke to navigate between worksheets in a workbook?
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mmarv" <Mmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4193031-FE15-479E-ACD7-09AD409BCEA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Sorting one worksheet from another worksheet
I am wanting to sort data in a worksheet from a command button on a different worksheet. I want the focus to stay (or at least return) to the worksheet containing the command button. Is this even possible? If so, could someone supply a sample of code? Both worksheets are in the same workbook. Using excel 2003 . Yes. The trick is to not select the other sheet. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Me.Parent.Worksheets("Sheet2") 'some other sheet With wks Set my...

Heps to design Locked/Unlocked cells in protected worksheet
Download it from http://www.addintools.com The Cell Lens Of Locked&Unlocked render and change the background color of cells according to their lock/unlock state: the locked cells to gray, the unlocked cells to blue. Assist has also offered a Quick Lock button to lock the selected range at once and a Quick Unlock button to unlock immediately. Now you are very clear about which cells are locked and which cells are unlocked. Just cancel this Cell Lens, the background color will be restored. Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data ...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Working with a worksheet that is not the active worksheet
How can I make this code work on my worksheet named February, when it is not the active worksheet? Sub BlankWeeks() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' ' If Range("C184").Value = "" Then Rows("184:228").Hidden = True End If If Range("C184").Value <> "" Then Rows("184:228").Hidden = False End If If Range("C229").Value = "" Then Rows("229:273").Hidden = True End If If Range("C229").Value <> "" The...

Protected worksheet, shared workbook problems
I'm in quite the fix. I'm using XL2000 and 1. I have a shared workbook 2. ...that I want certain data protected 3. ..but I also want users to be able to insert rows. 2 and 3 together are not a problem because thanks to someone's suggestion, I insert rows via a macro where the macro first unprotects the data, then reprotects the correct data. 1, 2, and 3 is a problem since when a workbook is shared, you can't unprotect data and thus I can't do 2 and 3 if the workbook is shared. Is there anyway I can use my insert rows macro without having to unshare the workbo...