worksheet tab size

I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running
on a HMI touchscreen display terminal.  The sheet tab
height is too small for easy selection with the touch
screen.  Changing the default font size increases the
height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs.

Is there any way (other than changing the display's
resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs?
0
brian3748 (1)

Brian

Not that I know of. But you could create a range name for
each sheet say in A1 and call it the sheet name. Then you
can use the name box (left of the formula bar) to select a
sheet.

Regards
Peter
0
anonymous (74717)
5/1/2004 12:38:17 AM
Hi
no chance to change the tab heigth. sorry.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Brian wrote:
> I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running
> on a HMI touchscreen display terminal.  The sheet tab
> height is too small for easy selection with the touch
> screen.  Changing the default font size increases the
> height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs.
>
> Is there any way (other than changing the display's
> resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/1/2004 8:09:26 AM
Brian

The size of the sheet tabs and font on them are governed by the setting for
Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance.  Mine are at 18.  Start there and
work your way up or down.

So: with Excel Application closed.

Win98 as example...

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance
"Item" drop down select Scrollbars
Change setting to Taste

Apply

OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:20:35 -0700, "Brian" <brian@williamscontrol.com> wrote:

>I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running
>on a HMI touchscreen display terminal.  The sheet tab
>height is too small for easy selection with the touch
>screen.  Changing the default font size increases the
>height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs.
>
>Is there any way (other than changing the display's
>resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs?

0
Gord

print a worksheet out from another worksheet
Hi all, I have a validation list that shows all the worksheets in the workbook, I want to beable to select the a worksheet from the list and print it out without having to go to the sheet. Can this be done if so how? Cheers --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi With the list in A1 on Sheet1 for example you can use this macro Sub printtest() Dim str As String str = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Sheets(str).PrintOut End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid&g...

Excel data in one cell, need to copy specific values to another worksheet in different cells
I am attempting to copy financial data from one worksheet to another. Unfortunately, the worksheet that I am copying from is formatted as one column of data in column A. The data appears as follows in column A: DISTRICT: Adams County/Ohio Valley Local COUNTY: Adams IRN: 061903 ADM, VALUATION & MILLAGE (1983-1984) SOURCE: SF12 Line 3 Basic ADM 4,916 Assessed value 480,468,317 Total ADM 5,769 Valuation/Basic ADM 97,736 Voted millage (Incl JVS) 20.80 Class1 eff tax rate 20.14 BASIC STATE AID (1983-...

In Excel how does one the format/size of a checkbox
I have added several check boxes to a form. Now I would like to change the font and increase its size. When I right click on the box, I do not find such an option. Also, how does one change the size of the physical box? I am currently using Excel 2003. I think you're using the FORMS checkbox. Use the 'Control Toolbox' checkbox instead. Newer control and more controlable INCLUDING font size. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "AmandasConfused" wrote: > I have add...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Default email text size?
Outlook & Word 2003. I have Word set as my email editor. When I click for a new email it starts with a default font sized of 10. How do I change to a larger default? Word is set to default to size 12 and does this when it is started independently but when it comes up for emails it is 10. Thanks in advance... Bob Bob, Just open a new e-mail (blank) and click on Tools>Options>General>E-mail Options>Personal Stationery. Under the heading "New E-mail Messages" click Font. Then make your selections as to size, color, font,etc. Then just click OK to back your...

tab problems
When I press tab to move from a cell to the one next to it, instead I am moved to the first cell to the right of what is showing on the screen. For example, if I am in A1, press tab it jumps to P1 if I have a full screen showing. I haven't been able to find anyone else this happens to. Please help if you can! One guess is that sheet protection** is turned on, with cols A and P left *unprotected* (say, for data input purposes) while the intervening cols B to O are *protected* (possibly containing formulas) **via Tools > Protection If so, try check and deactivate the sheet protec...

Sorting multiple worksheets simultaneously
Hi!! Is there any way to sort multiple worksheets in a workbook simultaneously (ie instead of sorting each sheet individually)? I have a file with 30+ sheets, each sheet set up identically (ie the same data type in the same column on each sheet), but (obviously) containing different data. There's a complication as well - each sheet has 50 rows, comprising links to other files. Not all of the rows actually contain relevant data (ie in some rows the result of the link is 'zero'), but the rows that contain data come before any rows that do not. For example, on sheet 1 (even th...

Merging worksheets #2
I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do that? -- Ajtorrence Have it all on one sheet? or add it together on a 3rd sheet? Please provide more info. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81C2F7CF-ED32-4A6C-BE36-1512B18FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do >that? > -- > Ajtorrence ...

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

Modify Custom View SQL Filter Tab
I am trying to create a custom view which filters my Outlook 2007 contacts by specific categories. I would like my custom view to show all contacts which include a category of Attorney, but exclude all contacts which include the categories of MIA, or KIA, or Client, or Craig's Friends, or Craig's Relatives. To do this I have used the Advanced tab to enter the above criteria into the views filter: ("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" LIKE '%Attorney%' OR "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'MIA'...

Windows Live Mail Closes instantly if Indent or Tab in Subject Lin
If Windows Live Mail has an indent or tab in the Subject Line and I place the cursor line over this, then the program shuts down instantly. It closes out. It exits. This has happened repeatedly all the time for about one month for me now. If I go to the website and view the mail there, I do not see any indents or tabs in the subject line. This leads me to believe it is a bug in Windows Live Mail, in my Windows Professional XP SP3 with 2 GB's of RAM. On the website I delete the emails as I remember them from the desktop program and all is okay. The emails with the indents...

Copy a Worksheet problem
Hi. I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a diagonal line through it). I have used this procedure many times before. What has changed? What can I do? Thanks, Dave Moore Perhaps you have protected the workbook under Tools>Protection Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:31:20 -0700 (PDT), david.moore@uuplc.co.uk wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. >When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a >diagonal line t...

Worksheet in a worksheet?
Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? Regards Philip Have you tried Insert>Object>Create from File - enter the filename and check the Display as icon checkbox "Philip Reece-Heal" wrote: > Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can > insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? > > Regards > Philip > > > I don't think so. You can insert a workbook into a worksheet, though. Just like a .doc file (insert|object). Philip ...

Worksheet within a Worksheet
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a worksheet within a worksheet? I need to reference an extensive list of account numbers within a worksheet and I don't want the account numbers running all the way down the sheet. What do you mean by "reference"? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- <michaelburkett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120850412.61...

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Worksheets
I want to apply conditional formatting to the same cell on 12 worksheets within one workbook in Excel 2007. As soon as I select multiple worksheets, the conditional formatting option is greyed out. The workbook is not shared or protected and I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003. Please help! Hi, That is how it seems to work in 2007, this could be intentional or it could be a bug, I will file it as a bug report. Your solution: Format the first cell or range on one sheet. Click the Format Painter Click the tab for the first sheet you want formatted the same way, either Shift c...

Problem with Tracking Tab of Meeting
Hi, I have a meeting that was scheduled and invitations were sent to the persons that would be attending the meeting, and they have each sent me a response indicating to accept, decline, change or mark tentative their attendance. I either open or delete the response. I have seen this same process update the tracking tab of a meeting in the calendar, but somehow it is not happening now. I tested in another new meeting and still the tracking tab is reporting None in the Response field. I then opened one of the responses in the inbox and the meeting did not update the response field. I ...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...

how to merge data from numerous worksheets into one sheet.
Hi,I'm trying to merge data from numerous worksheets, with varying numbers of rows, but the same column headings, into the one worksheet. i've been cutting and pasting to get the desired results but it takes at least 15 minutes per workbook. Does anyone know if this is feasible? (Skill level?, I would say I'm no more than a casual user) Thanks in advance. What specifically is meant by 'merge data' To do complete rows, filter the book to be copied and Select, Copy and Paste as one selection, To do matching cell data, use VLookup for the columns required. Any further...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

saving individual worksheet
When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even when I save Worksheet 3, when I open it, it shows up as Worksheet 1. Any clues what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie (shocker!). bob Bob, This is not typical, so how are you saving the individual worksheet? What steps do you take? -- HTH Bob Phillips "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Om%5b.110$Yt.17@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even > when I save Worksheet 3, when I open ...

Is there a keystoke to navigate between worksheets in a workbook?
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mmarv" <Mmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4193031-FE15-479E-ACD7-09AD409BCEA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Sorting one worksheet from another worksheet
I am wanting to sort data in a worksheet from a command button on a different worksheet. I want the focus to stay (or at least return) to the worksheet containing the command button. Is this even possible? If so, could someone supply a sample of code? Both worksheets are in the same workbook. Using excel 2003 . Yes. The trick is to not select the other sheet. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Me.Parent.Worksheets("Sheet2") 'some other sheet With wks Set my...

Heps to design Locked/Unlocked cells in protected worksheet
Download it from http://www.addintools.com The Cell Lens Of Locked&Unlocked render and change the background color of cells according to their lock/unlock state: the locked cells to gray, the unlocked cells to blue. Assist has also offered a Quick Lock button to lock the selected range at once and a Quick Unlock button to unlock immediately. Now you are very clear about which cells are locked and which cells are unlocked. Just cancel this Cell Lens, the background color will be restored. Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data ...

Font size #2
Hi all. I have a programe, in this programe I list all font in current system and now I want the programe to display all available font size when I select a font name. How can I do so? Please help me. Binh Nguyen Van, Here is an article that might be of use: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/fontext_7xpv.asp Note that vector/True Type fonts can be displayed in any size. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Binh Nguyen Van" <binhnv@newcenturysoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:OcG75H%23OFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all. ...

Coloured Tabs #2
Can you colour the TAB's for each worksheet (different colours preferably) like you can in Lotus 1-2-3 ? -- Vass ................................................ Now: YZF-R1, CBR1100xx-x Then: A100, MBX80, XL125, CB400, FZR600, CBR600Fv http://europebikerun.textamerica.com Hi I believe this is possible for Excel 2002 onwards only. -- Andy. "Vass" <write2mark_ANTISPAM_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Pq-dncsdI_i734rcRVn-sg@eclipse.net.uk... > Can you colour the TAB's for each worksheet (different colours preferably) > like you can in Lotus 1-2-3 ? > ...