Worksheet Problem - Need all sheets to populate one

I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows
Other.  Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and th
relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, dat
purchased, etc..).   Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row b
these categories.

I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of ou
servers on one sheet.  Is there a way to create this sheet so i
automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated whe
the others are updated?

Thanks

I think it would be much safer to either put all your data in one worksheet and
then separate it into "report" worksheets on demand.

Or keep all your data on separate sheets and then copy them back to a single
workbook (on demand).

But if it were me, I'd keep all the data on a single sheet.  Add a column for
Source (AIX/HPUX/etc) and then apply filters whenever I wanted a subset.

By keeping the data in one worksheet, lots of things become
easier--charts/pivottables/sorts...

"starky5 <" wrote:

> I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows,
> Other.  Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and the
> relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, date
> purchased, etc..).   Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row by
> these categories.
>
> I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of our
> servers on one sheet.  Is there a way to create this sheet so it
> automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated when
> the others are updated?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

print a worksheet out from another worksheet
Hi all, I have a validation list that shows all the worksheets in the workbook, I want to beable to select the a worksheet from the list and print it out without having to go to the sheet. Can this be done if so how? Cheers --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi With the list in A1 on Sheet1 for example you can use this macro Sub printtest() Dim str As String str = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Sheets(str).PrintOut End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid&g...

drop or paste to a cell problem
Hi, When i copy (or drag) a cell and then paste (or drop) it ,the target cell gets the value only. This happenes even when I specify to paste the formula only... Where did i go wrong ? Thank you, Victor If I copy a range of cells from a filtered list (some hidden rows intermingled), then the formulas convert to values when I paste (or ctrl-drag and drop). Is your range filtered? Eli Fadida wrote: > > Hi, > > When i copy (or drag) a cell and then paste (or drop) it ,the target cell > gets the value only. > This happenes even when I specify to paste the formula only....

In Excel how does one the format/size of a checkbox
I have added several check boxes to a form. Now I would like to change the font and increase its size. When I right click on the box, I do not find such an option. Also, how does one change the size of the physical box? I am currently using Excel 2003. I think you're using the FORMS checkbox. Use the 'Control Toolbox' checkbox instead. Newer control and more controlable INCLUDING font size. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "AmandasConfused" wrote: > I have add...

Mail Delivery Problem
I have a small problem with mail delivery I am hoping someone can help with. In an Exchange Server 2003 (SBS2003), I have e-mail from an external recipient entering the exchange organisation, the tracking logs show that the message is being submitted to the categorizer, but there are no further entries. The message just seems to vanish. This only happens for mail from a particular e-mail address. I have checked the anti-spam settings, and entered the address as an exception to the Spam / Junk filter with no difference. Any replies / suggestions, please send through to stevet@natsec.com...

RMS SO Administerator :: DB Backup Problem
I am unable to take DB backup, Anyone have its solution Error Message: Cannot Open backup device 'c:\path'. Operating system error 5 (Accress Denied.). Backup Database is terminating abnormally "M Zaman" wrote: > I am unable to take DB backup, Anyone have its solution > > Error Message: > > Cannot Open backup device 'c:\path'. Operating system error 5 (Accress > Denied.). Backup Database is terminating abnormally Hello Me, I got its answer my self, basically its location problem, where i was going to save my backup file, when i poin...

Sorting by more than one field...
Hi I want to sort 'opportunities' in the 'all opportunities' view by more than one tab. I.e by Owner and by Account. At present I can only sort by one tab. Is it possible to sort by more than one as in Outlook? Thanks There's no way to do this. However, if you are up for an inelegant workaround, here's an idea: Use a jscript onsave event on the opportunity form to concatenate the Account Name and Owner Name to a custom field, add that custom field to the Opportunities views and sort on it. You will get the same results you were seeking. Example: var strAccoun...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Formatting Problems 02-09-10
Words at the end of a line are not hyphenating or moving to the next line so that at the end of a line I continuously have a portion of a word on one line and the rest of it on the next without any rhyme or reason except that it's the end of the line and must wrap to the next. The paragraph is left aligned and I have tried opening a new document and it's still happening. So whatever the formatting problem is, it's on my Normal template now too. The documents are corrupt, and it would appear that your Normal template now is as well. If you've change the default f...

Wasserzeichen in einem Excel-Sheet
Hallo Excel-Freaks, Frage: wer weiss, ob man ein Excel-Tabellenblatt mit einem Wasserzeichen, z. B. VERTRAULICH, versehen kann. Es soll auf dem Ausdruck zu sehen sein. Danke f�r Eure Antwort... -Gerhard Gr�bel- Es ist eine bekannte Beschr�nkung, das kann nicht Wasserzeichen drucken �bertreffen (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q213/9/77.asp). Da� gesagt, eine Suche Google an http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=microsoft.public.excel.misc+watermark und an Ihnen tun Sie, findet mehrfache Arbeit um Wahlen. Hoffen Sie, da� dieses hilft...

Problem using diffgram
Hi, I'm use diffgarm xml (for update) which is sent with a schema with sqlxmlcommand whith sqlxml version 3 sp3. This mechanizem used ALL the parameters in the before xml as the parameters used in the where clause used by update commands to the data base. 1. Is there a way to limit the parameters used by the where clause only to spesific fields!!!? When I tried to send a diffgram which only contains some of the nodes deffined in the schema, the mechanizm automaticly fills the missing nodes with nulls and an update will use them with where clause with the value null change these nodes w...

I recently upgraded to Office 2003. Having problems with Outlook.
I ended up having a Personal Folder on my folder List that I can't opem, delete or rename, etc. The error is: "This set of files could not be opened." I have reinstalled Outlook. I have used several versions of the .pst files. The main file is OUTLOOK.PST Thanks for any help with this. I have spent several days searching MS's Knowledge Base it's best to create a new profile to get rid of it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-...

tab problems
When I press tab to move from a cell to the one next to it, instead I am moved to the first cell to the right of what is showing on the screen. For example, if I am in A1, press tab it jumps to P1 if I have a full screen showing. I haven't been able to find anyone else this happens to. Please help if you can! One guess is that sheet protection** is turned on, with cols A and P left *unprotected* (say, for data input purposes) while the intervening cols B to O are *protected* (possibly containing formulas) **via Tools > Protection If so, try check and deactivate the sheet protec...

Outlook XP SpellCheck problem #2
A user in my office told me today that the last few days or so OUtlook XP has completely frozen on him when trying to Spellcheck an email. Office XP is patched with all current Office Updates, no one else in the office is having the problem. No error message or anything, just totally locks up Outlook (he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL to close it down). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Copying Formulea from one cell to another
I want to drag and paste a formulea across a row. But the formulea takes information from another cell, then will miss two columns out, and themn takes information from the next, and so on. I can't seem to find a way of copying the pattern, and I am wasting a lot of time editing each formulea manually. i.e 1st cell should read '=SUM(L15:L10)' 2nd cell next to it should read '=SUM(O15:O10)', the next '=SUM(R15:R10)', and so on. I would like to know a way of doing this automatically. I am using Excel 2003 Standard Edition And would be grate...

MFC Application start problem
I'm having a problem running a MFC app. It works when I launch it from VS2003 in Release and Debug mode but if I browse through Explorer to it's location on disk and just launch it from there it gives me the following error: AppName: picture interface.exe AppVer: 0.0.5.1 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010 Also if I profile it with Dependency Walker I have the following that worries me: Second chance exception 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) occurred in "NTDLL.DLL" at address 0x7C901010 by thread 1. Is this a case of some DLL or lib that is ...

Merging worksheets #2
I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do that? -- Ajtorrence Have it all on one sheet? or add it together on a 3rd sheet? Please provide more info. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81C2F7CF-ED32-4A6C-BE36-1512B18FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do >that? > -- > Ajtorrence ...

Problem with songs breaking up at the same point.
At the end of all my songs the music messes up for a second or two before continuing to play. It happens at the same point on all songs that I try and play. Any ideas? On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:06:02 -0800, Chuckp <Chuckp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >At the end of all my songs the music messes up for a second or two before >continuing to play. It happens at the same point on all songs that I try and >play. Any ideas? The instructions on this page have a good chance of helping, going off your description (consistently skipping near to the end of tracks) ...

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

anyone else seen problem using LEN() function in Runtime?
HI. I have an applicaiton that for one of the combo boxes has a query that uses the Len() function to shorten the description length for sorting the list. Eg: Right([Partdescription],(Len([PartDescription])-11)) This was working fine - however having loaded the AccessRT.msp Runtime pre-release patch from microsoft to fix the SaveAsPDF addin problem the len function doesnt work. I have even tried to generate a standalone app that has a Form with a button and the VB code has a Msgbox Len([Me]![ErrorBox]) Under the runtime with the pre-release patch the msgbox does not display. Under ...

Sorting multiple worksheets simultaneously
Hi!! Is there any way to sort multiple worksheets in a workbook simultaneously (ie instead of sorting each sheet individually)? I have a file with 30+ sheets, each sheet set up identically (ie the same data type in the same column on each sheet), but (obviously) containing different data. There's a complication as well - each sheet has 50 rows, comprising links to other files. Not all of the rows actually contain relevant data (ie in some rows the result of the link is 'zero'), but the rows that contain data come before any rows that do not. For example, on sheet 1 (even th...

Copy a Worksheet problem
Hi. I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a diagonal line through it). I have used this procedure many times before. What has changed? What can I do? Thanks, Dave Moore Perhaps you have protected the workbook under Tools>Protection Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:31:20 -0700 (PDT), david.moore@uuplc.co.uk wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. >When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a >diagonal line t...

Weird Problems with Investments
I am in the process of entering 21 years of Investment history for my IRA. Its not as bad as it sounds, 2 - 6 entries each month. I first entered the transactions from 1994 to current (plus pre-94 investments I still own) and adjusted the opening balance in the Money Market Fund for December 1993 and everything was find. Once I found the box with the 1983 to 1993 statements, I started entering those transactions. All is find until I get to September 19, 1991 where I did a sell of a Money Market Fund to buy some stock in IBP, Inc. for $3000. Although my 8/31/91 report shows over $5100 in th...

Worksheet in a worksheet?
Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? Regards Philip Have you tried Insert>Object>Create from File - enter the filename and check the Display as icon checkbox "Philip Reece-Heal" wrote: > Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can > insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? > > Regards > Philip > > > I don't think so. You can insert a workbook into a worksheet, though. Just like a .doc file (insert|object). Philip ...

Does delgatation cause any Archive Problems?
Outlook 2002 sp2 Exchange 2000 Question: If a user is accessing another users Inbox and Calendar using delegation and auto archive kicks off. Do the mails and calendar items from both users get mixed together in the same .pst file? If yes, can this be fixed without turning off auto archive? ...

Major problem with altering splits when paying bills or making deposits in MSM 2004
Just found a major problem in making payments after altering splits in Money 2004. I have setup template payments on my payment schedule for thinks like my phone bill. The splits are used to cover business calls made from home by client. They are entered in the template for $0 and $1 is entered for my home phone portion. When I pay the bill online I adjust the splits to reflect the actual bill amounts. Today when I was trying to do a quarterly expense report for my business calls I ran my usual report and it came up with no calls (knew that was wrong). I did some research and found that when t...