Worksheet prints differently on different PC same Printer

We have a worksheet (a timesheet) that prints exactly the
same on 5 out of 6 PCs all using the same printer. One of
the PCs, although it uses the same fonts, same printer,
same printer drivers, won't print the timesheet the same
as the others.

We re-installed the printer, using the same drivers that
the other 5 PCs use. But, it didn't matter. We reinstalled
Excel 97 - didn't matter.

What else can I check. I can't find anything different on
the PCs, but I must be missing something.
0
mamcmanis (1)

I don't have an answer, but one more question...

Are you using the same version of windows on all 6 pcs?

If no, then maybe the drivers (that look the same) are actually different.

If yes, I'd try uninstalling the printer from the problem pc (and one of the
good ones) and reinstall.  Maybe it'll lead to a solution...

(But I have not a drop of faith in this....)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

print a worksheet out from another worksheet
Hi all, I have a validation list that shows all the worksheets in the workbook, I want to beable to select the a worksheet from the list and print it out without having to go to the sheet. Can this be done if so how? Cheers --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi With the list in A1 on Sheet1 for example you can use this macro Sub printtest() Dim str As String str = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Sheets(str).PrintOut End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid&g...

Excel data in one cell, need to copy specific values to another worksheet in different cells
I am attempting to copy financial data from one worksheet to another. Unfortunately, the worksheet that I am copying from is formatted as one column of data in column A. The data appears as follows in column A: DISTRICT: Adams County/Ohio Valley Local COUNTY: Adams IRN: 061903 ADM, VALUATION & MILLAGE (1983-1984) SOURCE: SF12 Line 3 Basic ADM 4,916 Assessed value 480,468,317 Total ADM 5,769 Valuation/Basic ADM 97,736 Voted millage (Incl JVS) 20.80 Class1 eff tax rate 20.14 BASIC STATE AID (1983-...

How do you get transparency settings on a fill effect to print?
Hi- I am working on a publication for print. I have used a two-color gradient effect to fill an object. I then applied transparency to allow objects in the background to show through as sillouettes. It looks great on screen, but when I go to print, the transparency is ignored. I have tried multiple printers, so the problem seems to be within Publisher. Transparency does work when the object is filled with a single color not using an effect. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Known bug in Microsoft Office applications. The current work around is to select the image, go ...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Moving Email from Pc to laptop
Dear Learned Friends, I had a PC on which I was using Outlook 2000 and was receiving my email through exchange server. I then got a new laptop with Outlook 2003 and all my old emails transferred across to the laptop when I hooked into exchange, no problem, and I ceased using the old pc for a time. Then for one reason or another I had to boot up the old pc to get something off it and I started up Outlook 2000 on it and all my emails etc transferred back to the old pc. I switched it off and opened up the laptop and all my old emails etc were gone and I only have emails from that particu...

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

Sorting multiple worksheets simultaneously
Hi!! Is there any way to sort multiple worksheets in a workbook simultaneously (ie instead of sorting each sheet individually)? I have a file with 30+ sheets, each sheet set up identically (ie the same data type in the same column on each sheet), but (obviously) containing different data. There's a complication as well - each sheet has 50 rows, comprising links to other files. Not all of the rows actually contain relevant data (ie in some rows the result of the link is 'zero'), but the rows that contain data come before any rows that do not. For example, on sheet 1 (even th...

Program won't recognize the printer.
All of a sudden Microsoft Publisher doesn't recognize the printer, all other programs work fine; I keep getting error message "A printer has not been installed on the system". How can I repair, I've tried reinstalling the printer. Look on the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver. It is always advisable to completely remove the printer driver before installing/re-installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

Merging worksheets #2
I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do that? -- Ajtorrence Have it all on one sheet? or add it together on a 3rd sheet? Please provide more info. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81C2F7CF-ED32-4A6C-BE36-1512B18FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do >that? > -- > Ajtorrence ...

Copy a Worksheet problem
Hi. I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a diagonal line through it). I have used this procedure many times before. What has changed? What can I do? Thanks, Dave Moore Perhaps you have protected the workbook under Tools>Protection Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:31:20 -0700 (PDT), david.moore@uuplc.co.uk wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. >When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a >diagonal line t...

Worksheet in a worksheet?
Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? Regards Philip Have you tried Insert>Object>Create from File - enter the filename and check the Display as icon checkbox "Philip Reece-Heal" wrote: > Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can > insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? > > Regards > Philip > > > I don't think so. You can insert a workbook into a worksheet, though. Just like a .doc file (insert|object). Philip ...

convert number in to * while printing
Hi, Plese help me in converting number in to * only while printing the data. Regards, manju ...

my word document wont print page 24 of 1to24
It worked perfectly yesterday! I now try to print off a 24 page document with page set up as A4 in the print menu I choose 'layout' '2 per page' and when I check in preview or just print it off when it gets to the last page it only prints or shows the left hand page not the right hand side, which is page 24 in the original word document... can anyone help.... Hello Ruth ruth2v12 wrote: > It worked perfectly yesterday! I now try to print off a 24 page > document with page set up as A4 in the print menu I choose 'layout' > '2 per page' and wh...

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Worksheets
I want to apply conditional formatting to the same cell on 12 worksheets within one workbook in Excel 2007. As soon as I select multiple worksheets, the conditional formatting option is greyed out. The workbook is not shared or protected and I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003. Please help! Hi, That is how it seems to work in 2007, this could be intentional or it could be a bug, I will file it as a bug report. Your solution: Format the first cell or range on one sheet. Click the Format Painter Click the tab for the first sheet you want formatted the same way, either Shift c...

Worksheet within a Worksheet
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a worksheet within a worksheet? I need to reference an extensive list of account numbers within a worksheet and I don't want the account numbers running all the way down the sheet. What do you mean by "reference"? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- <michaelburkett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120850412.61...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...

How do I print a partial page of labels?
I need a few labels, not a whole page. How do I go about printing 6 labels? I don't need a whole page of the same label. Can I mix labels on a page? -- grgoebel A couple of ugly ways I use: Using removal scotch tape, attach the labels down on a normal sheet of paper so only one, two or three rows of labels print. Using plain paper, use removal scotch tape and cover the area of labels you do not want to print on. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "grgoebel" <grgoebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C391C26-08EE-40C0-95B6-D168D9BCE27A@mi...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

how to merge data from numerous worksheets into one sheet.
Hi,I'm trying to merge data from numerous worksheets, with varying numbers of rows, but the same column headings, into the one worksheet. i've been cutting and pasting to get the desired results but it takes at least 15 minutes per workbook. Does anyone know if this is feasible? (Skill level?, I would say I'm no more than a casual user) Thanks in advance. What specifically is meant by 'merge data' To do complete rows, filter the book to be copied and Select, Copy and Paste as one selection, To do matching cell data, use VLookup for the columns required. Any further...

Printing Delivery note
Hello , How could I printing a Printing Delivery note within SOP ? Is there some options allow me to do that without using customizations or crystal report ? Thanks in advance Monzer, Is this the same as a Proof of Delivery document? If so, you could probably modify the GP Packing Slip report to reflect what you are trying to accomplish. Can you tell us a bit more about your requirements, what does the report need to contain? Is it going to be used just for obtaining a signature on the merchandise once delivered? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busine...

Set email address to default to different server
Hi everyone. We're setting up a Zimbra mail server for testing a couple of mailboxes. Migrating the mailbox contents was easy enough. But is it possible to tell exchange that particular email addresses/ accounts live on a different server? For example user2@domain.com is migrated to Zimbra but user1@domain.com still lives on our SBS 2003. So if user1@domain.com sends an e-mail to user2@domain.com then it gets relayed to the Zimbra server and not just bounced back to user1 since user2@ no longer exists in the Exchange configuration. Is that possible? Cheers, B Hello: Y...

saving individual worksheet
When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even when I save Worksheet 3, when I open it, it shows up as Worksheet 1. Any clues what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie (shocker!). bob Bob, This is not typical, so how are you saving the individual worksheet? What steps do you take? -- HTH Bob Phillips "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Om%5b.110$Yt.17@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even > when I save Worksheet 3, when I open ...

Is there a keystoke to navigate between worksheets in a workbook?
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mmarv" <Mmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4193031-FE15-479E-ACD7-09AD409BCEA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Heps to design Locked/Unlocked cells in protected worksheet
Download it from http://www.addintools.com The Cell Lens Of Locked&Unlocked render and change the background color of cells according to their lock/unlock state: the locked cells to gray, the unlocked cells to blue. Assist has also offered a Quick Lock button to lock the selected range at once and a Quick Unlock button to unlock immediately. Now you are very clear about which cells are locked and which cells are unlocked. Just cancel this Cell Lens, the background color will be restored. Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data ...

Sorting one worksheet from another worksheet
I am wanting to sort data in a worksheet from a command button on a different worksheet. I want the focus to stay (or at least return) to the worksheet containing the command button. Is this even possible? If so, could someone supply a sample of code? Both worksheets are in the same workbook. Using excel 2003 . Yes. The trick is to not select the other sheet. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Me.Parent.Worksheets("Sheet2") 'some other sheet With wks Set my...