worksheet map

I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
in them.

What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
each other.

0
ixlr84fun (8)

i,
How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ?
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"ixlr84fun" <ixlr84fun@gmail.com>
wrote in message
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
in them.
What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
each other.

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
12/22/2005 8:44:33 PM
Trace...dependents, precedents i think only work to trace cells in a
worksheet

i want to trace worsheets in a workbook

0
ixlr84fun (8)
12/22/2005 9:34:21 PM
i,
This is as close as I can come...
 http://makeashorterlink.com/?A11A24B5C

Trace...dependents, precedents i think only work to trace cells in a
worksheet

i want to trace worsheets in a workbook

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
12/22/2005 10:42:13 PM
Hello,
this is an interesting concept.

How do you determine "Mapping"?

Do you want to trace each worksheet in each sheet?

maybe I will think of something. Send me one of the workbooks. Maybe I can
"capture" the Trace dependants in each worksheet then "write" the dependants
into a textbox. not sure if it will work though.. just a thought. Not sure if
VBA will allow me to contain the trace.

 - -Mark

excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"ixlr84fun" wrote:

> I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
> in them.
>
> What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
> show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
> each other.

Automatic Worksheet 250
Looking for a way to issue a complete worksheet 250 to run in the middle of the night when all stores are closed. Found some threads that people were talking about this but nothing that tells someone how to do it. I am aspiring to be better with SQL scripting but I am still a newbie to SQL. Not sure if maybe there is a batch file that I could create to do this, like I have made to backup the database every night. If someone knows of a way to do this please let me know I would greatly appreciate it. I have 3 stores and am using RMS Ver 1.3R, I doubt that matters just letting everyone kno...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Mapping upon conversion of Lead
Have a custom "many to one" entity associated with the Lead Entity called model Request. It has the same possible relationship with the Contact Entity. When the Lead is converted to a Contact, the line items in the Model Request (the custom entity) do not associate with the new contact created on Conversion. Since it's not a one to one field for mapping, I'm not sure how to get this data converted to the enw contact. Is this an option we can configure? -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc ...

Renaming Active Worksheet
I have no coding experience, but I find myself frequently needing to take a cell value from the active workbook and use it as the sheet name. What do I need to do to create a macro that will work every time I need to rename a new sheet. Thanks for any help tj Sub RenameSheet Activesheet.Name = Activecell.Value End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108A474C-4FDA-4D8A-A7F3-151713332CBC@microsoft....

Maps for Importing
Can I create a map save and use later for importing Leads / contacts. Lakshmi I don't believe this can be done in the standard CRM solution. Maybe there are some 3rd party add-ons which have extended importing features. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Laks" wrote: > Can I create a map save and use later for importing Leads / contacts. > > Lakshmi ...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Protected worksheet, shared workbook problems
I'm in quite the fix. I'm using XL2000 and 1. I have a shared workbook 2. ...that I want certain data protected 3. ..but I also want users to be able to insert rows. 2 and 3 together are not a problem because thanks to someone's suggestion, I insert rows via a macro where the macro first unprotects the data, then reprotects the correct data. 1, 2, and 3 is a problem since when a workbook is shared, you can't unprotect data and thus I can't do 2 and 3 if the workbook is shared. Is there anyway I can use my insert rows macro without having to unshare the workbo...

Excel worksheet and print preview screen are different
I have many cells that are set up to wrap text to multiple lines. Everything looks like it fits, but when I look at print preview and print the page, Excel moves the text and I end up with missing words. I'm having a particularly hard time because some of the cells contain data from another worksheet, so I can't play with alt+enter to make new lines without messing up the original worksheet. Any tips about keep this from happening? Thanks! WYSIWYG ain't necessarily so. Maybe you could drop the font size by .5???? Emily wrote: > > I have many cells that are set ...

Dynamic, Static Worksheet Options Not Appearing
I've noticed that some Client Systems when accessing the 'Send to Excel' feature do not show the 'How do you Wish to Export Screen' and rather just go straight to sending the information to a static Excel Worksheet and hence not offering the user any option to export to a Dynamic Sheet or Pivtol Table. This problem only occurs on some Client Systems and only when using Office 2002. I'm presuming that it is because some kind of Excel component or module is not installed on those Clients and so MsCrm does not provide the option - but it is only certain Office 2002...

Cannot Synchronize Database-101 Worksheet will not complete at sto
A Style 101- Synchronize Store Database worksheet will not complete at the store. HQ Client gives and error <Post Message> No Response for type 3(Worksheet Status). HQ Client also says that the worksheet was completed with no errors however HQ Manager shows the worksheet as still waiting to be processed. When HQ Client starts again it tries to process the same 101 worksheet and its starts all over again. I have to delete the worksheet in order to stop HQ Client from trying to process the worksheet. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance -- Joe ...

#How to update a worksheet only after N interactions of DO ..LOOP cycle?? URGENT!!!
I get de following macro associated in a command button: Private Sub cmdIniciar_Click() Sheets("Folha1").Select Do tryes = tryes + 1 Sheets("Folha1").Range("b10").Value = tryes If Sheets("Folha1").Range("b14").Value = True Then End End If Loop End Sub The purpose is to produce one random aleatory data list, the problem is that Excel 2003 refreshes permanently the aleatory cell data witch makes consume all processor bandwidth. Want I need is that the active worksheet "Folha1" only refreshes when the variabl...

how do I sort a worksheet based on one column?
how do I sort a worksheet based on one column? How di I input a - into a text field Select all columns then Data>Sort. Choose the column to sort on. To input a - into a text field, F2 to edit, move the insertion point to where you want the - and hit the - key. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:35:01 -0700, chipster <chipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I sort a worksheet based on one column? > >How di I input a - into a text field > ...

define worksheet content in VBA
I need to define a variable name for a worksheet. I want to define A1:D2000 as "ABC" variable. how to do it in VBA?? MIllions thanks I just recorded this Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/30/2004 by Don Guillett ' ' Range("C2:D8").Select ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="abc", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet1!R2C3:R8C4" End Sub Or, another way Sheets("sheet1").Range("a1:a6").Name = "xyz" -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Grey" <erickwyum@i-cable.com> wr...

Excel: format each worksheet header/footer?
Any ideas on how to EASILY format each worksheet in a workbook so that they are all the same? I see how to do it one-by-one, but it is there an automated way that sets the "master" worksheet and then the other worksheets all copy its header/footer? Thank you. Right click any sheet tab and select all sheets. What ever you do to one will be done to all. In the title bar you will see [Group]. Just be sure to ungroup once you have done whatever it is you need to do. To ungroup simply click any sheet tab. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Any ideas on how to EASILY form...

converting lotus 123 release 2.01 worksheets to excel
I have a number of worksheets I created over the last ten years using Lotus 123 Release 2.01 running on MS DOS 6.21. I have a new laptop and would like to convert or transport these to excel to avoid having to recreate each worksheet from scratch. Is there any way to do this? If so how? (please offer step by step instructions) Thanks, LS ...

Keep custom format in new worksheet
Hi all, I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks. Buddy Hi Buddy You can save a empty workbook as a template with this format and name it "Book" (no quotes) you must save it in your xlstart folder You can find it here in Excel 2003 C:\Progr...

How do I automatically save an Excel Worksheet?
Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say every 5 minutes? I'm not refering to Auto Recovery. I need an actual save. -- Tony Download and install the AutoSafe Add-in by Jan Karel Pieterse: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm (note: Make sure you download AutoSafe.zip, not AutoSaveVBE.zip) In article <21FD75DF-E9A1-4B25-83B3-F8CFC0C5C29A@microsoft.com>, "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say > every 5 minutes? I'm not referin...

Merge two excel worksheets
How can I do a merge like you can do in ms word in excel? I have a form that I want to print, and on each sheet i want one persons name and their commissions. The information is on a worksheet in excel, and the form is in excel... i want to be able to do like what you can do in ms word mail merge and print each sheet with each persons information. Did you really want an Excel newsgroup? This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/acce...

Excel worksheet #5
I have records of deliveries made to customers. Column headings include depot (a 4 digit id number), customer number, customer name and address. Each day I manually type in the time taken and distance travelled for each delivery. These values are preset and do not change. Most of the deliveries are made from the same depot to the same customer, but occasionally when product is unavailable the depot of origin will change. I would like a method of checking customer number and depot of origin and inserting values in the time and distance columns. I would appreciate any suggestions. -...

Heat Map
I am trying to develop a "heat map" using Excel Conditional formating. I don't have a problem creating a basic conditional formatting table (heat map), however, I want to add two additional features. I want to merge cells so the the size of the merged cells is in relation to the signficance of the cost element or plant (more dollars = larger cell). I have not had a problem with that feature, however, in addition to the % positive or negative the cost element is to budget I also want to display a three letter acronym representing the plant. For example if the Atl...

CRm and map point
Hello all, i am new to this forum and appologize if i am not in the right forum to ask this question... Currently we use a product called Visual CRM, which works in conjuntion with our Visual Manafacturing... thye both use the same database, however we do not really use the CRM module of visual that much. SO my boss asked me to check out MS CRM. Now i have a few questions to ask.. 1) Can MS CRM be used with map point? Most sales guys here use map point as there CRM alone. 2) Is it possible to import data from my visual database of current users to MS CRM, is there any import function ...

Deleting Worksheet
Hello.. When in a macro, i delete a worksheet, it pops up a message asking fo confirmation to delete the worksheet.. is there any way i can stop tha message from coming up and delete it ... ? shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27335 hi Application.DisplayAlerts = False Worksheets("yourworksheet").Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = True when you turn alerts off,...

Excel map
I have 3 columns of data. Column A - Name of Distributor Column B - City Column C- State I want a map to show 1 dot for each distributor by state. When I create the map, the format properties for the dots is 1 dot=.1 unit. I want to change it to 1 dot=1 unit, but the option to change this is grayed out. Any ideas? -- maryj ...

Excel schedule worksheet problem
Greetings: Using XL2000 to modify file that creates work schedule. - Cells formated for times. - I enter 6 Am and 3 pm in two adjacent cells and the formul "=((C10-INT(C10))*24)-((B10-INT(B10))*24)" gives me 9 hours. - I need eight hours. - If I enter "=((C10-INT(C10))*24)-((B10-INT(B10))*24-1)" it gives m -1 for the value if I enter nothing, which would happen on a day off. - Data entered is in time format but output must be in general integer format. I need: - A formula / function that gives me the total hours worked -1 (lunc hour). - A formula that gives me the to...

Naming worksheets...new to VBA
Hi, I'm pretty new to VBA and need to create a simple macro. When the command button it is linked to is clicked...I need it to search a workbook for the highest numbered worksheet (ex. "G4" was the highest sheet so the macro will create G5) and then create a new worksheet. This might be a simple problem but any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mjack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this Mjack Sub test() Dim Shcount As Long Shcount = Sheets.Count Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = "G" & Shcount + 1 End Sub -- Regar...