Worksheet Column Widths Different For Different Users

There are 2 of us that use the same Excel Workbook.  We are all using Excel
2003.  When I check the widths of the columns in the Worksheet, they are
different then when the others check them.

For example, for me, one column is set at a width of 10.38.  That same
column, shows a width of 10.43 for the other user.

When I try to change the width of that column to 10.43, it stays at 10.38
(for me).  I can't even change it to 10.43.  When the other user tries to
change that column to 10.38, it stays at 10.43 (for that user).  So, that
user can't even change it to 10.38.

Anyone know what is going on?

I have never experienced something like that.

I believe that there is something going on with screen size and resolution.
Does the other user use another screen size or resoultion?

Also you may want to play with the AutoFit Column. Here is a link for the
website that shows you more about that:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4445648_autofit-column-width-excel.html

Let me know if this information helps,
--
Vicente Tulliano

"Falcon Feet" wrote:

> There are 2 of us that use the same Excel Workbook.  We are all using Excel
> 2003.  When I check the widths of the columns in the Worksheet, they are
> different then when the others check them.
>
> For example, for me, one column is set at a width of 10.38.  That same
> column, shows a width of 10.43 for the other user.
>
> When I try to change the width of that column to 10.43, it stays at 10.38
> (for me).  I can't even change it to 10.43.  When the other user tries to
> change that column to 10.38, it stays at 10.43 (for that user).  So, that
> user can't even change it to 10.38.
>
> Anyone know what is going on?
All display properties, including screen resolution (1280 by 1024 pixels) are
the same for both users.   ???

"vttotal" wrote:

> I have never experienced something like that.
>
> I believe that there is something going on with screen size and resolution.
> Does the other user use another screen size or resoultion?
>
> Also you may want to play with the AutoFit Column. Here is a link for the
> website that shows you more about that:
>
> http://www.ehow.com/how_4445648_autofit-column-width-excel.html
>

> Let me know if this information helps,
> --
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "Falcon Feet" wrote:
>
> > There are 2 of us that use the same Excel Workbook.  We are all using Excel
> > 2003.  When I check the widths of the columns in the Worksheet, they are
> > different then when the others check them.
> >
> > For example, for me, one column is set at a width of 10.38.  That same
> > column, shows a width of 10.43 for the other user.
> >
> > When I try to change the width of that column to 10.43, it stays at 10.38
> > (for me).  I can't even change it to 10.43.  When the other user tries to
> > change that column to 10.38, it stays at 10.43 (for that user).  So, that
> > user can't even change it to 10.38.
> >
> > Anyone know what is going on?

Need formula to check data in 2 columns to sum 3rd column
Need a formula to enter on Report Sheet under Month as indicated from tables below. The data base worksheet has info inserted daily and the report will be on another worksheet to calculate as data is updated. Any ideas?? (Need total paid for all rows paid to Name 1 with dates in month of Jan) Data Base Worksheet Report Sheet NAME DATE PAID NAME JAN FEB Name 1 01/01/04 $200.00 Name 1 ??Paid ??Paid Name 1 01/22/04 $200.00 Name 2 ??Paid ??Paid Name 2 01/15/04 $200.00 Name 1 02/04/04 $200.00 Hi try the following =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Name 1"),--(YEAR(B1:B100)=2004),--(MONTH(B1:...

Sorting columns
I have 10 columns with 30 entry cells. Some cells have a single word other are blank. I want to copy all words to a single colum and them alphabetize them Hi, try this it copies the first 10 columns to column 11 omitting blanks Sub marine() Dim NewRow As Long, NewColumn As Long Dim X As Long, Col as Long NewRow = 1 NewColumn = 11 'Change to suit For col = 1 To 10 For X = 1 To ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(X, col) <> "" Then Cells(NewRow, NewColumn).Value = Cells(X, col).Value NewRow = NewRow + 1 End If Next Next End Sub ...

open two different Access reports

Same proc... same data source... different results
Hi guys, A developer in our office has come to me asking for assistance, and I have no idea what can be causing this. We're running SQL Server 2005 SP3. We have a (when printer) 23 page long stored proc which gathers and formats data for a report. The proc makes use of Temp tables, table variables, FOR XML PATH, Rank(), Partion etc. She runs the proc... and stores the result set to a .txt file. She then runs it again, stores the data to a 2nd txt file. She then uses WinMerge to look at the differences between the two files, and they differ. Out of the 80,000 rows or some...

WMP sees sync devices differently by user??
I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11. I am running Windows XP-MCE with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date. I have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited. The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts. However, WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer not to use). - When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240 detected" in the b...

Graphs/Charts by country. Same Graph, different Source Data
Hi I have sales information for 5 countries, each on separate sheets ( the sheets are identical in format) . I have made graphs for the first country, and I want to copy them to the other countries, and change the references to pick up the right country information. Is there a quick way of doing this or do i have to go into source information for each series for each graph and change the sheet( country ) reference I asppreciate any answers to this as atthe moment I've spent the better part of a day changing sheet references Rgds Dan ...

CRM and Users Roles
Hello, ...

Freezing Columns and Header
I would like to freeze the first column and the header line. How do I do this. I can freeze either one but not at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas, or is this impossible. Hi - move the cursor to cell B2 - goto 'Windows - Freeze Panes' It will freeze all rows above the current cursor position and all columns left to this position -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wendj421 wrote: > I would like to freeze the first column and the header line. How do > I do this. I can freeze either one but not at the same time. Does > anyone have any ideas, or is this ...

New Users are not appearing in GAL
We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users their details are not appearing in the Global Address List. In Exchange Manager when you browse the address lists and click Preview, the new users appear, though they still do not being published to the clients. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be a great help. What version of outlook are you using? Have you checked to see if they appear when accessing through OWA? "Sedgwick" wrote: > We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users > their details are not ...

Prevent users forwarding to external address
Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)? We forbid this but need a way to enforce it. In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found in the Global Settings node. Here you will find an option to disallow automatic forwards to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message news:uSWtZGxlFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An...

Add two Columns to a table from another table
It has been a couple of months since I have worked with access and I can't remeber the right way to put the critera. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine name is equal to each other. I know I have to use an append query I just can't figuer out how to set the critera to place the correct data in the right place. Both tables have been imported and both have a column called machine name. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine names are the same. Please help me out. Thanks very much, Greg It isn't clear whether you ar...

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

3D Column Chart
I have a 3D column chart with numeric values. My Value (Z) axis scale is 1-Minor, 4-Major, 20-Maximum, 0-Minimum. My highest value isn't really 20. I need it to reflect an infinite value (a break in the bar). How is that done? Hopefully my question is clear. Thanks in advance, If you can use a 2D chart, you will find such effects to be possible: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

Excel 2000
I have been using the Excel Program for several years (home use) but not to a 1/10th of its potential. I want to create an invoice for my business whereby the invoice number automatically prints in sequencial order every time I ask it to print and to remember the last number which was printed - if that makes any sense. The invoice will be a template and not completed "on-screen". Is this possible?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think it gets too dangerous to mechanize this a lot. If sheets are lost and have to be reprinted, you could have more...

Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders
Hi, When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)? We currently create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder manually? Thanks, PL You are correct - it will not delete the home folder. Instead of doing it manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a while that removes the orphaned folders. ...

Use of Worksheet Tab Name
Want to put a new name on a worksheet tab (which I know how to do) and then reference that TAB on the work sheet. For example, if I name a worksheet XYZ, need a process where I can say Cell A1 (or whatever) = TAB NAME (XYZ or anything). How do I do that? one way: =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))+1, 255) In article <Grampa425.sxppz@excelforum.com>, Grampa425 <Grampa425.sxppz@excelforum.com> wrote: > Want to put a new name on a worksheet tab (which I know how to do) and > then reference that TAB on the work sheet. ...

Names on worksheet
I have a worksheet full of names to reference cells. They are no longer of any value and the VBA they work with is not required and will be removed. With the removal of the VBA (and it must be removed because it causes problems with the way we use the worksheet) the names keep wanting to access the code. They also activate the "links" feature. Is there a quick way of deleting names rather than one at a time? I will have a number of files each with a number of worksheets in them and each one has to have the names removed. Any thoughts. DavidC Hi David, Try: Sub DelN...

Filter data from two worksheets from same excel file
i have a set of account numbers in 2 worksheets( created at diff dates). i want to find out the ones which are not there in the earlier. Both worksheets are saved in a single file. The account numbers are of 11 digits and the each sheet contains hundreds of such account numbers To compare entries in Column A of sheet2 with entries in Column A Sheet1 in your sheet2 (new column G) enter in first data row(say G2)) =COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet2!G2)=0 and Copy down as far as is needed FALSE = These values are on Both Sheets TRUE = These values Are NOT on Sheet1 "anu" wrote: > i...

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

Stacked column chart #6
I'm trying to create a stacked column chart that will essentially behave like a pie chart in column form. I want to display the total excess inventory per employee, broken down by that particular employee's desk codes. It works fine when I input the data as a pie chart, but we would like everyone to be next to each other in column form because it is easier to consolidate. Is this possible? If so, how can I format the data so that it stops creating separate columns for each desk code? Does each employee have a unique column? List the employees in column A, the desk codes i...

TimeStamp & User Modified for Budget
There are no Date/TimeStamp or User Modified fields for Budget data. There is no way of knowing who/when numbers were posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...