working with named ranges

If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o
cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2
and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content
of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4?

Thanks in advance,

Dav

Hi Dave,

  One way to do this (and not a very pretty, but a working one) is by
following formula:

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Range1,ROW())),IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Range2,ROW()-ROWS(Range1))
),IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Range3,ROW()-ROWS(Range2)-ROWS(Range1))),"",INDEX(Range3,
ROW()-ROWS(Range2)-ROWS(Range1))),INDEX(Range2,ROW()-ROWS(Range1))),INDEX(Ra
nge1,ROW()))

  Copy it to as many cells in Sheet4 column A as needed starting from row 1.
If you want to start from some other row number, you should add a subtract
after every ROW() function in the formula. The amount of subtraction should
be the starting row - 1.

  Hope you can make this work, it's a little complicated :-)

- Asser

0
AH

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

The host server name not found
I have an existing account with verizon as my e-mail and I want to be able to use Microsoft windows also to do my work can you help. Verizon Setup - compare your setup to this tab-by-tab setup (only need 3 of the tabs): General tab: Enter "Mail Account" (this is just a reference - whatever you want to call it) User Information: Name (your name), Email address (your full e-address) Check the box "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" (generally desired option) Apply Servers tab: Server Information: "My incoming mail server is a ...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Automation to update 288 ranges?
I do calculations in one workbook where the resulting values are returned on 24 worksheets in 12 separate ranges (or matrices) per worksheet. I have another workbook which will have matrices set up in a similar fashion and I need to be able to "send" or update the values in the corresponding matrices in that file. The two Excel files cannot be merged into one file. I have not come up with an elegant solution to do this. The idea of setting up linked formulas for each cell in the "destination" workbook is not too appealing - there HAS to be a better way. Any ideas? Tha...

How can I make 100's of different name tags with publisher ?
I have 100's of names to enter for namebadges. 2 problems I ran into. One, the avery label I'm using seems right but it doesn't print correctly on the name badge. Consequently, half of the badges are not printed correctly. Two, I hear that I should be able to make a table of the names and put them into the publisher program. Any ideas? Make sure both your page setup and printer are set for the size paper you're using. Use mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Andrea E" <Andrea E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0544...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

counting named in a row
Hi I want to have 32 names in row A2:33 and each name at a 1 in row B2:B33....if the name is in a disqualified list C2:C20 then make a -1 for those names. if the same name act in another 32 names then add 1 to the first 1 =2, but still if the name is disqualified list : -1 .... is this simple ? btw i´m very green /Torsorq =-1*(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$20,A2)>0) will return minus 1 for disqualified =1*(COUNTIF($D$2:$D$33,A2)>0) will return 1 for another 32 names list (assuming they are in D2:D33) then use if function to test each row like If you put the first formula in E2:E32 ...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

How to determin MS Projectserver instance name?
Can anyone tell me how i can determine the Project server instance name of an Project server installation? Imb, In the Project Professional menu, while connected to Project Server : Collaborate/ Collaboration Options In this Collaborate page, you have the URL of your Project Server instance Hope this helps, G�rard Ducouret "Imb" <Imb@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: D8174784-B709-4ECD-A290-D77F5606BE24@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how i can determine the Project server instance name of > an > Project server inst...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...

Auto date range updating in Charts
I would like to know how to write a formula that can be typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to the new range (last date). I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this becomes unwieldy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Hi Dave, > I have t...