Workbooks Opening Maximized

Sometimes when I open workbooks they do not automatically open
maximized.  It is frustrating.

I click on the left hand corner of the workbook and miximize and save
the workbook but it still opens the next time with the corners not
fully extended in Excel.

Help.

Excel 2003
XP

Thanks,

MD

--
mdalby
mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7055

bump to top of list to see if someone has an answer..

--
mdalb
mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39020

I think excel likes to look at the current layout.  If you have your active
window maximized, then xl will open the next one maximized.

If your activewindow is less than maximized, then it'll open the next one less
than maximized.

So you could try maximizing the activewindow, then file|open your workbook.

===
One the other hand, you could always force the windows to be maximized via a
macro:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
    Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
    ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

mdalby wrote:

> Sometimes when I open workbooks they do not automatically open
> maximized.  It is frustrating.
>
> I click on the left hand corner of the workbook and miximize and save
> the workbook but it still opens the next time with the corners not
> fully extended in Excel.
>
> Help.
>
> Excel 2003
> XP
>
> Thanks,
>
> MD
>
> --
> mdalby
> mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7055
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390202

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to open Money Plus file in Money 2004? 2004 asks for password
I have a file that was created in Money Plus Deluxe. I need to be able to open it in Money 2004, but whenever I try, Money 2004 asks for a password. I've used the Money Plus password manager to remove all passwords, and it's still asking for the password. The password that should work doesn't, neither do any other passwords I use. It's crucial I be able to open this file in Money 2004. Hel wrote: > I have a file that was created in Money Plus Deluxe. I need to be > able to open it in Money 2004, but whenever I try, Money 2004 asks > for a password. I've use...

Unable to Open a File
I have two computers at home Computer A: XP Pro and Office 2007 Computer B: Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 I have an Excel file on computer A that I want to use on computer B. I have tried to open the file from computer B both via a network connection b/w the two machines and by copying the file on a thumb drive and transferring the file manually. But for some reason, this one particular file will not open on computer B. I am able to access every other Excel file except for this one. When opening I get an error" A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...

Publisher 2003 can't open files after install XP SP3!!!?? #2
Hi, I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3. After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files. Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in mspub.exe.. I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem. On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my files. Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com. Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:) Regards, Moophone Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.micro...

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

How can i open .htm file in Outlook2003
Dear All, I install a Windows XP and Office 2003 (with outlook 2003). After that, I update the Windows SP2. I cannot open .htm file as normal. The .htm was become a attachment and cannot open after double click the file . Can any bosy help ? I think you should have a look at Outlook 2003 security options. Karim Outlook security doesn't block .htm files by default.=20 What happens when you double-click the attached .htm file? If you save = it to your hard drive, can you open the saved copy?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http:...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

removing reference to other workbook
hi i have a excel wookbook which contains references to other workbook. whenever i open this wookbook it asks me for updating the link to the other workbook. i want to remove these references to other workbook but am not able to figure out which cell is refering to the other workbook. i also have lot of references in the same workbook. i dont want the internal references to be removed. can anyone help me to accomplish this task. any help is highly appretiated. thankx in advance. pradyumna Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindL...

Open to Buy #2
Does anybody know of any modules or addons or reports that will do the Open To Buy Analysis? Thanks Doug, XReports from Ally Systems is a great tool. http://www.allysystems.com/ Have a great day! Amy -- Amy Luby, President Mobitech 13430 "L" Street Omaha, NE 68137 402.330.0707(o) 402.614.3519(f) www.mobitech.biz Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management System "Doug W" <doug.wiesner@PTDTechnology.com> wrote in message news:29ceb7c9.0410060655.112665d5@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know of any modules or addons or r...

Linked Workbooks
Hi All, I'm using Excel 97 at work and there are two workbooks that someone has linked. I can't figure out how to unlink them. I go under "EDIT", "LINKS" and can view the linked workbook but see no way to delete the link. In Excel 2003 that I have at home I can delete the link. Any ideas? Thanks Brian If you search for .xls, you can find the cells with the links. Then you can copy|paste special|Values. Sometimes they can hide in hard to find spots. You could use Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find them: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm NoS...

Excel 2003 "File Open": how keep folders at top with sort by Date.
With "File Open" in Excel 2003, how can I keep the folders at the top when I have the view set on Details and sorting by Date Modified so that the newest stuff is at the top? I was previously using Excel 2000 and it kept the folders at the top automatically (as did Excel 97). I use xl2k at work and I know that I have to resort this list in the File|open dialog lots of times--so I'm guessing that your memory might be a bit faulty. (But I'm getting older, too--so maybe it's my memory that's fading. I do know that I click to sort lots of times!) Aging Analyst wrot...

Income Tax using US Tax System Excel WorkBook
Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up cannot find it on web. Someone got it? Please post a link or webaddress if you got any idea. Thanks. Here's a couple of possibilities (?) http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/ http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/165/free-2007-excel-tax-forms-for-april-2008-filing "BetaDocuments" wrote: > Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax > brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up > ca...

Importing an old workbook into a new workbook
Hi, I think my Excel Workbook may be corrupted and I was wondering how we can copy, insert, or import an entire workbook that contains at least a dozen work sheets in the original file. Do I have to copy and paste each worksheet one at a time or can I just import them all? Jean Open both workbooks. In the old one, right click a tab and select "Select All Sheets" Right click a tab again and select "Move or Copy" In the To book: drop down, select the new worksheet name. Hit OK and they should all be moved. If you want to just copy them check the create a copy button. ...

Open .eml mail with Outlook Express and modify header
How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express in XP Professional in modify mode? I try to open the mail and be able to insert the subject, body, an destination to Thanks!! "Javier" <jlmena(arroba)wanadoo.es> wrote in message news:uTG2OK9zIHA.872@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Trouble Opening WMV File
Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Running Win XP SP3....

Copy data across workbooks
I want to create a master workbook with data entered for multiple divisions and create a summary page that will auto update when the master is updated. I have tried a simple =, but it will only bring 1 cell at a time. When I drag from the right corner it just repeats that first cell or if I pull a few cells and high all and drag it repeats those cells. How can I copy multiple rows and columns? Not sure I completely understand your problem, but it sounds to me like your formulas are absolute. In other words, when you are typing in the formula it looks something like =[Book1]Sheet1!$...

Opening Hyperlinks
I'm using Windows XP, Office 2002 SP-1. I have large workbooks with numerous links and when I was using '98 I would use keyboard shortcuts and hit enter to open the links to the recipient sheets or jump back and forth easily with the enter key. Now if I hit enter, it only moves the cursor down (or wherever I have the setting), instead of opening the link. Does anyone know how to set this up? Thank you! I don't recall xl2k working that way (just hitting enter to follow the hyperlink). What keyboard shortcuts did you use? (I'm using xl2002 and win98 still.) And you can c...