Workbook sharing and web page posting

I am creating a workbook that will have a 2 level password.  One for
read-only and one for editing.  I am posting this workbook to a website that
will be seen by students and faculty.  It will be a patient schedule and we
will have faculty adding appointments.  What I am trying to do is get the
workbook to save automatically, refresh automatically and when accessed,
bring up the password option.  When the workbook is opened in Excel, the
password protection is working beautifully, but when posted to the web, no
password prompt is coming up.  Suggestions, please?

Thank you,
Stephanie McLeod
0
Stephanie (81)

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

Error When Accessing System Settings via Web
When I click on System Settings, i get an error. I can offer the debug info.... feel free 2 help. FYI It is a 2k3 Standard with also Sharepoint Portal 2003 and crm 3.0 here is the info on it. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originat...

(Reposted) Sharing contacts in LAN
Hi NG, Sorry that I repost, but I didn't get any feedback on my last post, eventhough I think that there has to be an solution.. I'm looking for a cheap ( or better priceless ) solution to share the OL-contacts of several user in a small LAN. Basically 2 pcs that should can use and edit each others contacts with up to 2 laptops connected that only should read and edit the 2 contact-pools of the pcs. I know programms like OLWorkgroupfolders etc. but the license prices are quite high and anyway i just need a solution for the contacts. Would apreciate any help. Thanks Alex http:/...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Outlook Email Links to Internet or Web Sites
I am running Windows XP Home Edition and using Office 2000 Outlook as my email system. Recently, I am NOT able to click on links that are embedded in any email to take me directly to the web site or internet site. I have to copy the link address, open explorer manually, paste the site and then go to that location. All this is a real pain. Does anyone know how to enable this link feature to work again? I am having the same problem, but with win 2000. can anyone anser this or refer me to where the answer is? thanks, jrjhall "Henry B." wrote: > I am running Windows XP H...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

How can I share my calendar but keep details hidden?
In Outlook 2007 how can I share my calendar with others but conceal the detailed information of the meeting? Basically, only sharing the subject and location. What type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you u...

removing reference to other workbook
hi i have a excel wookbook which contains references to other workbook. whenever i open this wookbook it asks me for updating the link to the other workbook. i want to remove these references to other workbook but am not able to figure out which cell is refering to the other workbook. i also have lot of references in the same workbook. i dont want the internal references to be removed. can anyone help me to accomplish this task. any help is highly appretiated. thankx in advance. pradyumna Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindL...

sharing all emails
Hi, I have a customer who's business has 5 email accounts going to 5 separate people. No Server. The emails are POP3. The boss would like to be able to see all of the incoming and outgoing of all accounts. I set them up Googlemail accounts but on one of these it doesn't seem to be working very well so they are not happy with this. I have thought about them using the webmail facility but it isn't very 'nice'. Are there any easy alternatives to allow one person to view all incoming and outgoing emails from all 5 accounts but the other 4 people only seeing there...

How to show web sit address in the business card of the e-mail
I use the business card when e-mailing. My web site address is showing part of my business card. It is in the contact list, but will not show up on the attachment when sent as e-mail. ...

sharing money program
can you share money 2002 between 2 different desktops on the same computor? >can you share money 2002 between 2 different desktops on >the same computor? Yes, I believe you can. Put the money file in a shared folder that both logon's have access. But be very careful that the two users do not have the file open at the same time. All sorts of nastinesses have been know to happen. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "missy" <gtpgi...

Linked Workbooks
Hi All, I'm using Excel 97 at work and there are two workbooks that someone has linked. I can't figure out how to unlink them. I go under "EDIT", "LINKS" and can view the linked workbook but see no way to delete the link. In Excel 2003 that I have at home I can delete the link. Any ideas? Thanks Brian If you search for .xls, you can find the cells with the links. Then you can copy|paste special|Values. Sometimes they can hide in hard to find spots. You could use Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find them: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm NoS...

page size on word 2007
Hello. I have word 2007. I want to see the current configuration of the page size. How can I see that, and change that ? (When pressing page layout + size, I see what sizes I can change to, but not the current one. besides - I want to change to a specific size by inches). Thanks :) If you click the 'Page Layout' tab then 'Size' the current page size is highlighted - similarly with 'Margins'. The default measurement units (and page size) are determined by the regional settings of Windows. If you want to change the measurement units in Word: Off...

Blank Worksheet Pages
How do I get rid of the blank pages at the end of my worksheet? I tried using the File/Set Print Area command, but the empty pages still appear in my page preview and also when I go to printout my worksheet. Please advise. -- Best regards, EricRod See what Deb Dalgleish has to say http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused "EricRod" wrote: > How do I get rid of the blank pages at the end of my worksheet? I tried > using the File/Set Print Area command, but the empty pages still appear in my > page preview and also when I go to printout my worksheet. > >...

Income Tax using US Tax System Excel WorkBook
Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up cannot find it on web. Someone got it? Please post a link or webaddress if you got any idea. Thanks. Here's a couple of possibilities (?) http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/ http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/165/free-2007-excel-tax-forms-for-april-2008-filing "BetaDocuments" wrote: > Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax > brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up > ca...

Outlook 2003 Shared mailbox notification sounds
Hi there, I am running outlook 2003 and am accessing a shared mailbox (for technical support for multiple technicians) I want to know how I can create a rule that will run on that shared mailbox to pop up a notification / make a sound whenever a new email comes in. I have tried the most logicial ones I can think of, but no luck. Please help :) thank you! Hawkz <nicko@ezysurf.co.nz> wrote: > I am running outlook 2003 and am accessing a shared mailbox (for > technical support for multiple technicians) > > I want to know how I can create a rule that will run on that...

Copy data across workbooks
I want to create a master workbook with data entered for multiple divisions and create a summary page that will auto update when the master is updated. I have tried a simple =, but it will only bring 1 cell at a time. When I drag from the right corner it just repeats that first cell or if I pull a few cells and high all and drag it repeats those cells. How can I copy multiple rows and columns? Not sure I completely understand your problem, but it sounds to me like your formulas are absolute. In other words, when you are typing in the formula it looks something like =[Book1]Sheet1!$...

MSPub breaks up a print to pdf into 2-page segments.
I have a print-merge with sheets 4-up to a page (a set of name badges with source data from an Excel spreadsheet). When I print to a pdf (using Adobe Acrobat/Distiller 6.0) it creates the first one with the first 8 entries on 2 pages, then proceeds to ask for a new pdf name for the next 2 pages of 8 entries, etc. If there were only 8 or 10 badges involved, we could live with it :) But the number is MUCH greater. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and if so, how to change its behaviour? My instinct tells me that this its publisher that's causing it and not Acrobat, ...