Workbook LOCKED - Up

091116  Workbook LOCKED - Up

hi, I have ran into a strange formula problem.  a line that works follows,
the next example somehow got inserted into my sheet.

=IF(OR(COUNTIF(EO563:EP563,{"",0,"n/a"})),0,1)

This example has 3 0's, had to find this problem the hard way (deleting all
cols/rows around it till found).
SYMPTOMS:  (HOW DO I DELETE ROWS, thanks)

  - CAN ADD DATA & SAVE, BUT NOT CALCULATE SHEET.  sheet will close as
"excel has experienced an error & must close".

  - CAN NOT DELETE ROWS, same consequence.

  - "CAN" copy above & below 2 problems rows, to a new sheet, but columns
are not at desired width (too many columns).

=IF(OR(COUNTIF(EO563:EP563,{"0","0","0"})),0,1)

NOTE:  could not reproduce error as such, must be some kind of error hook to
these 2 rows, that have this formula.

:)  you can ask for more details, but have no idea what else would pertain.

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

Locked by User
I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be opened as Read Only. It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer. Any ideas what might be causing this to happen? Hi one idea: Try cleaing up your temp directory. Reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cincode5 wrote: > I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be > opened as Read Only. It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the > only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer. A...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

removing reference to other workbook
hi i have a excel wookbook which contains references to other workbook. whenever i open this wookbook it asks me for updating the link to the other workbook. i want to remove these references to other workbook but am not able to figure out which cell is refering to the other workbook. i also have lot of references in the same workbook. i dont want the internal references to be removed. can anyone help me to accomplish this task. any help is highly appretiated. thankx in advance. pradyumna Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindL...

copying causes lock up
Copying the contents of a box causes a lock up for 10 to 20 seconds. The jagged line around the box is stationary and after a period of time start to move. At that time I am able to paste in another location. What causes this delay and how to fix it? Is it one Workbook, or all? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Innovator" <Innovator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:979EF7B6-25BC-44A1-81A8-BAE43A2F4C81@microsoft.com... > Copying the contents of a box causes a lock up for 10 to 20 seconds. The > jagged line around the box is stat...

Linked Workbooks
Hi All, I'm using Excel 97 at work and there are two workbooks that someone has linked. I can't figure out how to unlink them. I go under "EDIT", "LINKS" and can view the linked workbook but see no way to delete the link. In Excel 2003 that I have at home I can delete the link. Any ideas? Thanks Brian If you search for .xls, you can find the cells with the links. Then you can copy|paste special|Values. Sometimes they can hide in hard to find spots. You could use Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find them: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm NoS...

Income Tax using US Tax System Excel WorkBook
Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up cannot find it on web. Someone got it? Please post a link or webaddress if you got any idea. Thanks. Here's a couple of possibilities (?) http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/ http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/165/free-2007-excel-tax-forms-for-april-2008-filing "BetaDocuments" wrote: > Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax > brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up > ca...

Importing an old workbook into a new workbook
Hi, I think my Excel Workbook may be corrupted and I was wondering how we can copy, insert, or import an entire workbook that contains at least a dozen work sheets in the original file. Do I have to copy and paste each worksheet one at a time or can I just import them all? Jean Open both workbooks. In the old one, right click a tab and select "Select All Sheets" Right click a tab again and select "Move or Copy" In the To book: drop down, select the new worksheet name. Hit OK and they should all be moved. If you want to just copy them check the create a copy button. ...

Combo box query locks tables
I'm upsizing an Access 97 app's backend to SQL server. On a form, I have several combo boxes who's RowSource is set to an Access query. In code on the form, I need to update a table but the update always ends in an ODBC error - timeout. I used the sp_lock system stored procedure and discovered that the tables are locked as soon as I load the form, and stay that way until I unload the form. I tried setting various properties on the query - Record Locks is set to No Locks, Recordset Type is set to Snapshot. Are there any other properties I need to change? Is there a app level option ...

Copy data across workbooks
I want to create a master workbook with data entered for multiple divisions and create a summary page that will auto update when the master is updated. I have tried a simple =, but it will only bring 1 cell at a time. When I drag from the right corner it just repeats that first cell or if I pull a few cells and high all and drag it repeats those cells. How can I copy multiple rows and columns? Not sure I completely understand your problem, but it sounds to me like your formulas are absolute. In other words, when you are typing in the formula it looks something like =[Book1]Sheet1!$...

Lock down Outlook to only send plain text messages
Folks The subject pretty much tells the whole story... Is there a way to lock down Outlook to only send plain text messages? I know that I can setup the default behavior but is there a way to disable HTML mail composing altogether (be it through a registry setting, a group policy or an utility) ? Any pointer welcome Best regards --alexT BTW: Outlook 2003 :) :) --alexT ...

copy range from one workbook to another
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, Even though I saw the documentation a while ago, I cannot remember how to copy a named range in workbook 2 to workbook A--the reason is that I want to do a VLOOKUP in workbook A, to lookup value xyz in rangem in workbook B. Thus I figured I would/needed to copy rangem (in workbook B) to workbook A. Perhaps it is not the best way but I would appreciate the answer to how to copy the range; and if any other better way of doing the lookup between separate worksbooks, please let me know. Thanks. Hi Stef, You can do the lookup with the table array in ano...

Write Contents of TextBox to new Workbook
Hi, I am trying to get a macro to write the contents of multiple textboxes to a new workbook. The idea is that the macro would open up a new workbook, write the contents of the textbox to a named cell range and then save the new workbook with the name of say range "A1" in the new workbook. Is this possible. Many thanks as always. -- Andy Tallent ...

How to maximize workbooks (out of IE)
Hello all, when I open an Excel-File (Hyperlink) from Internet-Explorer the workbook's embedded in IE . >> No problems Then I open a worbook local from e.g. Desktop >> the workbook's displayed as "Window" and not maximized. How can this be fixed Thanks Thomas As far as I know, excel will remember how you last saved that workbook (well, in conjunction with what your current view is (if excel is open)). So save your workbook as a maximized window. Close excel and then double click on your workbook to test it out. tbk123 wrote: > > Hello all, >...

Lock Location of Data Label
I am trying a work around to a dynamic legend. I figured out how to use a data label from a single point on each series but the darn thing keeps moving every time I cahnge the chart. Any idears on how to lock the location of a data label on a chart? Thanks You can put a dummy series in with the location of the data labels and then turn off the marker and line for the series. (I checked it with an XY Chart) "Someone" <ddd@ddd.com> wrote in message news:YiLmd.12242$tI3.5918@trndny01... > I am trying a work around to a dynamic legend. > > I figured out how to u...

Slow workbook
I have a file in '97, that is extremely slow, (Calculations, Macros, everything) when open. It effects other workbooks when it is open as well. It is rather large, with multiple calcs in it, with refs to other pages within. 2 data entry sheets, with 40 data sheets, and 4 graphs. Is there any way to speed it up? I am experiencing the same thing with an 03' file. 2 data entry sheets, 19 other sheets. I am using a Pentium 4 3.4Ghz 1 Gig ram machine? "sac73" wrote: > I have a file in '97, that is extremely slow, (Calculations, Macros, > everything) when o...

Workbook copy problem
strange problem occurring when using a workbook at work, hope someone can help please. everyweek workbook is copied and renamed to include current weeks date and previous weeks figures are cleared etc, this is so each week has a record saved. I updated the workbook at home, added a new sheet, this sheet grabs figures from about 16 others and totals them up. the problem occurs after copying the workbook, when the new copy is opened all cells with other cell references in change to VALUE! and the formulas point to the previous weeks workbook. to test this out I made another copy, and brought...