workbook links, remove a bad one

I have a workbook with a link to a workbook that no
longer exists. I can't figue out how to remove move it.
There is nothing listed in any of my books or the help
file. Has anyone seen a procedure, anywhere. I'd love to
get rid of the message window when the file opens up.

0
dave871 (679)

Dave

You could have a link in a named range.  Check Insert>Name>Define on each
sheet.

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

With this add-in you can find and delete links.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:35:58 -0700, "Dave Welsh"
<Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a workbook with a link to a workbook that no
>longer exists. I can't figue out how to remove move it.
>There is nothing listed in any of my books or the help
>file. Has anyone seen a procedure, anywhere. I'd love to
>get rid of the message window when the file opens up.

0
Gord

Exmerge removed messages from mailbox
I have done this many times, but never the Exmerge removed messages from the mailboxes. Something on the server did not function properly. I repeated the same steps I took on a test environment and got the messages copied only and not removed. The following steps I took: 1, Start Exmerge 2, Select "Extract or Import (two steps procedure) 3. Step 1 :(Extract data from an Exchange server Mailbox) 4, Select server and accounts to be extracted I had to do a reverse exmerge to restore the messages in the user mailboxes. People were freaked out about their lost emails. How could it happened ...

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

Linking shapes
I know that this should seem pretty pnvious or simple however I cannot seem to find a way to click or double click on on shape on some page and have it center on a corresponding link on another page. Perhaps like a bookmark or link like you can do in Front Page. Is this even possible? The closest thing I have found in shape behavior is to double click and goto another page. The "custom" behavior is greyed out so I cannot select that to see what I can do with it. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you. One technique is to add hyperlink(s) to a shape. I believe the help dial...

Linking Ameritrade Brokerage in 2005
Can anyone tell me why when I had my Ameritrade Account in Microsoft 2005, my "Investment Transactions" tab says I have a huge account balance in the millions, while the "Cash Transactions" has the number excactly right in the thousands! I don't have any positions, yet Money 2005 thinks I have them for some reason. When I add my transactions in Money 2004, it reads them in fine, but in 2005 it keeps sayin "Note: because you have shares of 0 and are selling 1000, we are going to add 1000" - or something to that effect. How can I get it to stop doing t...

Remove predefined headers
My Office installation provides predefined headers which incorporate "Hewlett-Packard Company". Probably because I have an HP computer and purchased office with it. This is an annoyance - I will never use these header/footers. How can I get rid of them? PollyG wrote: > My Office installation provides predefined headers which incorporate > "Hewlett-Packard Company". Probably because I have an HP computer and > purchased office with it. This is an annoyance - I will never use these > header/footers. How can I get rid of them? Possibly edit ...

Is it possible to link spreadsheet to website for input
I'm trying to reduce my paperwork. Created a spreadsheet complete with calculations and I want to link it to my website so everything is electronic. Is that possible? ...

Customize Linked Field in a Form
Is it possible to customize the links on a form to open different windows than default? For example, on PurchasingTransaction Entry, the link for VendorID goes to the Vendor Maintenance Card. Can it be made to go to the Vendor Inquiry window instead? Not using native functionality. I think you'd have to use Dexterity to create a new window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joel" wrote: > Is it possible to customize the links on a form to open different windows > than default? For example, on PurchasingTransaction Entry, the link for > VendorID goes to the Vendor Ma...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

how do i link a calendar to another one (in different machines)
i need to share a calendar of different mailboxes on differnet machines how do i do it? What version of Outlook? Do you use Exchange server? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp for methods you can use the share outlook data when you don't use Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-...

remove text box dotted lines before e-mailing
how can I remove the dotted lines surrounding the text/image boxes prior to e-mailing as an attachment? DK wrote: > how can I remove the dotted lines surrounding the > text/image boxes prior to e-mailing as an attachment? ============================== To hide Boundaries and Guides... type....Ctrl+Shift+O... -- John Inzer DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > how can I remove the dotted lines surrounding the text/image boxes > prior to e-mailing as an attachment? Do all of your intended recipients have Publisher? -- Ed Bennett - MVP ...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

OE removed access to the following attachments
I usually e-mail work to my home computer and since a recent download, I haven't been able to open any of my regular word or excel attachments. The message I receive is OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments. My attachments aren't unsafe. Help! How can I get this fixed? Uninstall the download? 4. Tools | Options | Security... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4...

one Form only displays the Details Background
Hi; Using A2K Package/Deploy. On two computers; one Form only displays the Details Background. (Format>AutoFormat>Sumi Painting) Not a single Control is showing. The Record Selector does display but it doesn't cycle. No Numbers show in/on the Record Selector. The Form is set to Modal = Yes Recently the AutoFormat on my machine stopped working. Followed Microsoft's "Remedies". Re-Registered two dlls and then Re-Installed Office Pro. Has anyone Encountered and Overcame this foul up? Thank You for taking the time to read this Post. Andy ...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Multiple daughter companies on one server
We have a situation with one CRM server and the need to have 2 daughter companies. I tried to create 2 sub Business Units, but I am unable to separate the data. So when creating tasks etc. only users/people from the same company/business unit is displayed. Is the solution to buy 2 different licenses, meaning that I get 2 "root" levels on the same CRM server? Thanks Felix Thanks Felix Depending on what security roles you are using you may be able to achieve this quite easily. For example Sales Person role by default will see all leads but you can modify their privileges to o...

HR and Payroll Link
Have a client that accidentally linked already created Payroll Deductions to wrong HR Benefit Type after they ran Update Benefit Reconcile. Is there any way to "unlink" HR and Payroll and recreate the incompletes? Ed ...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

Can't Remove Start Menu Link
I'm running Windows Vista x32. I'm using the standard menu. I added a link and now when I right click to try to get to the contextual menu to "remove item from list", it doesn't display the menu. It just locks up my entire machine for 60 seconds and does nothing. I can reorder the item in the menu, but I can't get to the right click menu to delete it from the list. Nothing has worked. Tried locating it in the registry and got lost. The program isn't installed. It's just dnsbench.exe from grc.com, a standalone exe. I deleted it and tried to remove...

Completely Removing User Accounts
Using GP Dynamics 7 on SQL Server 2000. I am having trouble with adding a new user account when that user account used to exist previously, but was deleted from a previous installation. Originally, we had setup user accounts for our sales staff who connect via VPN to our network. We migrated our SQL server/Dynamics and moved it to a new server to accomodate the workload and I had migrated the user accounts using SQL scripting provided by GP Support. (I know this creates a temp table with these old accounts). Reconfiguring security, I deleted accounts and am trying to recreate the...

Sage Module/Link
Hi All, I am looking for a link or module between RMS and SAGE line 50 has anyone out their got one. Thanks in advance Damien Hi Yes we are currantly developing one call me on monday if you want to know more 01750 725552 Retail Systems (North) Ltd ...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

Outlook Email Links to Internet or Web Sites
I am running Windows XP Home Edition and using Office 2000 Outlook as my email system. Recently, I am NOT able to click on links that are embedded in any email to take me directly to the web site or internet site. I have to copy the link address, open explorer manually, paste the site and then go to that location. All this is a real pain. Does anyone know how to enable this link feature to work again? I am having the same problem, but with win 2000. can anyone anser this or refer me to where the answer is? thanks, jrjhall "Henry B." wrote: > I am running Windows XP H...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...