I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that
everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific sheet
and cell?

0
Zee (23)

Hi
put the following code in your workbook module (not in a standard
module).

sub workbook_open()
me.worksheets("sheetx").activate
end sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Zee wrote:
> I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that
> everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific
> sheet and cell?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/5/2004 7:47:29 AM
methinks the original poster also wanted to activate a particular cell:

Sub workbook_Open()

Sheet2.Range("B3").Activate

End Su

Hi
not tested but I think you first have to activate the sheet. So
combining yours and mine the OP may require:
Sub workbook_Open()
With me.worksheets("sheetx")
    .activate
    .Range("B3").select
end with

End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> methinks the original poster also wanted to activate a particular
> cell:
>
> Sub workbook_Open()
>
> Sheet2.Range("B3").Activate
>
> End Sub
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
9/5/2004 8:49:24 AM
Hi All..

Thank you so much for the help. It works!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> not tested but I think you first have to activate the sheet. So
> combining yours and mine the OP may require:
> Sub workbook_Open()
> With me.worksheets("sheetx")
>     .activate
>     .Range("B3").select
> end with
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> > methinks the original poster also wanted to activate a particular
> > cell:
> >
> > Sub workbook_Open()
> >
> > Sheet2.Range("B3").Activate
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Zee (23)
9/5/2004 10:01:01 AM
i use xl 2k2, and i checked Sheet2.Range("B3").Activate before posting
i did not need to select the sheet, it automatically opens with sheet
selected and B3 activated. thats the reason i tested on sheet2 and no
sheet1

How to open Money Plus file in Money 2004? 2004 asks for password
I have a file that was created in Money Plus Deluxe. I need to be able to open it in Money 2004, but whenever I try, Money 2004 asks for a password. I've used the Money Plus password manager to remove all passwords, and it's still asking for the password. The password that should work doesn't, neither do any other passwords I use. It's crucial I be able to open this file in Money 2004. Hel wrote: > I have a file that was created in Money Plus Deluxe. I need to be > able to open it in Money 2004, but whenever I try, Money 2004 asks > for a password. I've use...

How to know if a cell is in a range?
Hello I need to know if the cell D9 is in the range A7 - E20 Thanks If Not Intersect(Range("D9"),Range("A7:E20")) Is Nothing Then MsgBox "yes" End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23NsxpaEwGHA.976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > I need to know if the cell D9 is in the range A7 - E20 > > Thanks > > Thanks!! "Bob Phillips" <bob.NGs@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23ctALuEwGHA.724...

Unable to Open a File
I have two computers at home Computer A: XP Pro and Office 2007 Computer B: Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 I have an Excel file on computer A that I want to use on computer B. I have tried to open the file from computer B both via a network connection b/w the two machines and by copying the file on a thumb drive and transferring the file manually. But for some reason, this one particular file will not open on computer B. I am able to access every other Excel file except for this one. When opening I get an error" A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...

Where can I find a template for application report specifications.
I have some report specifications to write for programmers to build application reports from, where can I find a Excel template to get me going? ...

Compare cells (advanced)
Hi there. I need to find a smart solution for comparing cells in an Excel file. To make a long story short, we usually receive excel sheets with thousands of rows. From a certain data there we make our own extraction from our database and put that in the same sheet, next to the other data. Then we need to compare some data, to make sure that it is correct. Lets say that we are comparing names. The problem is that VERY often the two cells containing the names are not _exactly_ the same. There might for example be one letter misspelled in one of the cells e.g. (Mike Brown/Mike Bruwn) or in one ...

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

Publisher 2003 can't open files after install XP SP3!!!?? #2
Hi, I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3. After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files. Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in mspub.exe.. I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem. On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my files. Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com. Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:) Regards, Moophone Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.micro...

How can i open .htm file in Outlook2003
Dear All, I install a Windows XP and Office 2003 (with outlook 2003). After that, I update the Windows SP2. I cannot open .htm file as normal. The .htm was become a attachment and cannot open after double click the file . Can any bosy help ? I think you should have a look at Outlook 2003 security options. Karim Outlook security doesn't block .htm files by default.=20 What happens when you double-click the attached .htm file? If you save = it to your hard drive, can you open the saved copy?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http:...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

inserting special character in a cell as a macro
I'm trying to copy 5600 items and I need to use a macro to save some time. I have a column with numbers represented as text. For example 01234 as text. the cell adjacent to it is a city ie. Los Angeles I'm trying to use a macro so the first cell is #01234 - Los Angeles. Can someone help me to figure out this macro. =#01234&" - "&b2 or in b3 =b1&" - "&b2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "johnnyboy" <u26492@uwe> wrote in message news:66240833078dd@uwe... > I'm trying to copy 5600 items and I need ...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Conditional Formatting based on value of another cell
I am trying to get cell A1 to display in bold when the value of cell B is between 20 and 40 (inclusive). Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - select cell A1 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the following formula: =($B$1>=20)*($B$1<=40) - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jpkeller55 >" <<jpkeller55.16xm8r@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:jpkeller55.16xm8r@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to get cell A1 to display in bold when the val...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

How to autofit row height on merged cells with wrapped text
Autofit works when wraped text cells are not merged. There doesn't seem to be a way to autofit wrapped cells when the cells are merged. One way that I think may work would be to use a macro to set the row height, but I can't figure out how many lines the text will occupy in the merged cell. Any ideas out there? If you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find that one way is to use a macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 In article <6d0401c3e685$a6146860$7d02280a@phx.g...

Summation query always return recordset
I got a query to calculate the sum of fields: SELECT SUM(IIf(isnull(GST)=True,0,GST)) AS TotalGST FROM tblProject WHERE ProjectNumber=[ProjectNum]; These are the code I have: Set qryProjectDef = currDB.QueryDefs("qrySumProjectVariationItems") qryProjectDef.Parameters("ProjectNum") = Me.txtProjectNumber Set projectSummarySet = qryProjectDef.OpenRecordset() If Not projectSummarySet .EOF Then projectSummarySet .MoveFirst If projectSummarySet ![totalExGST] <> Null Then sumGST = projectSummarySet ![totalGST]) End If End If The problem is if I add ...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Excel Data Not Visible in Cells 2007
I have two users in my office that use 2007 - myself and my manager. This morning something strange happened to a spreadsheet he was working on. There was data in the first 200 lines of the spreadsheet. somewhere around line 35 and up to line 60 the data - dissapeared. You couldn't see the text in the cells. BUT if you clicked in the cells you could see the info in the formula bar. He clicked save, and then it showed all the information again. This has happend several times over several spreadsheets. Can anyone help explain this?? Thanks ...

Dropbox on each cell of column
Is it possible to have a dropbox appear on each line of a column similar to having a combo box on a form in the datasheet view in Access? Yes there is. If you open the "Forms" tool bar, you can select either a drop down box or a list box. Once you place it on your sheet, right click on it and select "format control", then select the "control" tab. The top line (input range) points to the row or column of cells that you want to appear within the box. The second line (cell range) points to a cell in which a number will appear based on what line within the inp...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

Open to Buy #2
Does anybody know of any modules or addons or reports that will do the Open To Buy Analysis? Thanks Doug, XReports from Ally Systems is a great tool. http://www.allysystems.com/ Have a great day! Amy -- Amy Luby, President Mobitech 13430 "L" Street Omaha, NE 68137 402.330.0707(o) 402.614.3519(f) www.mobitech.biz Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management System "Doug W" <doug.wiesner@PTDTechnology.com> wrote in message news:29ceb7c9.0410060655.112665d5@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know of any modules or addons or r...