Word FormFields in Excel

I have a set of tables that I created in MS Word with multiple FormFields.
In my word form, they get inserted into another table in a new document to
customize the new document.  I just found out that I need to use or create
the same thing in Excel.  I tried to copy/paste my plug-in word table from
word to excel....but none of the form fields are still useable...they become
text.  Is there any way to use a Word table in excel without losing the
formatting or functionality?  Or is there another way to accomplish the same
thing/

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Veiwing excel sheet in IE problems.
I have a web set up on our work server to provide access to multipl types of information. However, after viewing an excel sheet and the backing out it brings up the "Save Changes" dialog box. No one wil ever save any changes and so this pop-up is bothersome. I've tried making the files read only, protecting the sheets nothin seems to get the dialog box to not pop up. Any help would be greatl appreciated -- eyanos ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eyanosa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2768 Vi...

Autofill
Hello. When I click the black plus mark to autofill a column, instead o calculating the formula that I entered in the first cell, it repeat the same answer as in the first cell. How to avoid this? should I try reinstalling excel software? ------------------------------- Sometimes, I get correct answers without problems. If this becomes problem if we employ the whole excel sheet? Once I used all columns an about 100 rows. After that, I have this problem. ================= eg. Let us say, that we need to multiply the first 2 columns. the correc answer needed is in the 3rd col. and the wrong a...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Error message: "There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete the operation" when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version. Any tips? Not enough information to answer. Check that OS X and Office 2008 have the latest updates applied. Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions. Check the access your user ID has to the system Temporary folder (don't worry about this if you ar...

ACTIVATE ACCESS from EXCEL?
Can I activate an Access session (database is already open) from an Excel macro? Here some code from MVP John Green that will activate a certain database in Access. Watch the version issue. This should get you started: http://tinyurl.com/66r5x HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can I activate an Access session (database is already >open) from an Excel macro? >. > ...

Skype/Excel add in
We sent our spreadsheets on a daily basis to our shops. We and our shop communicate via Skype and I want an 'add in' in our spreadsheets (For a example look at http://tinyurl.com/7ff3a I want the Callto:// commando integrated in my excel sheet. Why I thin it's possible? The Mailto commando works in Excel, it will automaticall open your mailclient. The Callto script/commando should automaticall open you Skype application and phone one of your contacts. How can I create this (Macro?) in my excel sheet. Your help is muc appreciated. Kindest regards, Jan Folme -- janfolme --------...

Excel protection
Hi, I'm trying to protect a sheet but let users put info into some cells. I have tried "tools, protection, allow users..." stuff to select the cells I want them to have access to. Then protected the sheet. However when I try it out, I can only access 1 cell - not the all of the ranges I selected. I'm assuming I'm missing something out (or don't have a clue what I'm doing). Any suggestions? TIA Alan Hi before you protect the sheet select the cells which should be accessible and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' After ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Help please
When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots and then random words like this: ...............he man place ther world Does anyone recognise this?I've just installed Norton Pro and it hasn't found any viruses. Surely though I have one. Can any one help? KLE Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It might make text appear automatically. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) KevinEvans wrote: > When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots > and then ...

Referencing other Office programs in a Excel VBA App
I din't like the way my previous post sounded, so i'm reposting... All, My Excel VBA programming is decent enough when I'm only working with Excel. However, I'm trying to expand my knowledge base and frequently I wish I could better interact with other Office programs, such as Outlook, in my Excel VBA apps. To better illustrate my question, here's a piece of code that works great (it populates a user form list with Outlook addresses) but I don't fully understand. Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim x As Integer Set objOL = CreateObject("...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Conditional import of Excel sheets
Hi, maybe someone can help me with the following: on a weekly basis I need to import 3 Excel files into an existing empty table (I run a delete query on this table before the import). The Excel files are stored in the same folder every week. Each file has a field showing [Current Year/Week No]. The three files show the current week for this year, previous year and the year before the previous year. How can you instruct MS Access (2003) to look up this field and to import only the approrpiate files (i.e. the files that refer to the reporting week)? I do have a calender function from which the u...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Crash in excel.exe
I have a workbook which I use with 3 add-ins that I wrote. Add-ins trigger beforeclose and beforesave event on different occasions. Everything seems to work fine in my personal notebook or in a test-desktop, but when I install add-ins to other computers I begin to get crashes. It usually happens when I close Excel. DrWatson Log has something like this: Application exception occurred: App: (pid=1180) When: 5/15/2003 @ 10:24:46.441 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: WIST-W2P-DZ0CMC User N...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...