Word auto text (normal.dot)

Can you add Words auto text (normal.dot) to an Excel Spreadsheet?
0
skater (1)

Excel doesn't have a Normal.dot (like MSWord).

But it also doesn't have autotext, either.

But just like MSWord, Excel does have Autocorrect--maybe that could work for
you.

And it does have an autocomplete feature (limited to column by column data
entry).

You can toggle this setting via:
tools|options|edit|check "Enable AutoComplete for cell values"

Remember how you toggled this--it can be irritating when you don't want it on
anymore.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Printing WORD docs from a form

Changing the Normal template
I have Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 OS. When going through Help to learn how to modify the Normal template, the instructions only tell you what to do for Vista and XP OS. How do you modify and save a new Normal.dot template? -- Judy18 First, since you're using Word 2007, it will be Normal.dotm, not Normal.dot. Second, the instructions for Vista should also work for Windows 7. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Judy18" <Judy18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

How do I change default font size for inserting text in ppt 07
Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I want to reset the default to somethng like 24pt. How do I do this? PPT2007 Hi Set a text box the way you want it then right click -> set as default text box. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "PAH555" <PAH555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:501FF5A2-344F-4298-BF8D-1FD903341235@microsoft.com... > Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I > want > to reset the defa...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Cell text not displaying (Excel 2003)
I'm having a problem with Excel. Some cell text is not being displayed. However, the text does display in the formula box if you select one of the "bad" cells. The files that do this are on a network share and work fine on my other computer. I've uninstalled and re-installed Office and the problem won't go away. I also tried copying the files over to the computer in question and that didn't help, either. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! Chad Try this: Copy a cell that is displaying. Select the cells that are not displayin...

concatenate text and date
when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text fine but displaying the date in serial number e.g. location and date 01/01/2001 becomes location and 19283 How can I maintain the date format? ="Text " & text(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy") Replace now() with your date and mm/dd/yyyy with the formatting you desire http://HelpExcel.com "Tara Keane" wrote: > when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text > fine but displaying the date in serial number > e.g. locat...

Encoded Word Documents

Is full-text catalog needed?
I recently upgraded our SQL server that hosts CRM from 2000 to 2005 and I was getting errors whenever trying to do a full database backup of of the MSCRM database. It was erroring out on the Full-Text catalog. I got around this error by changing my backup from a full "database" backup to a full "File or Filegroup" backup and excluding the full-text catalog. I then learned that I could enable full-text indexing in order to stop getting errors on the full database backup. My question is, do I need to have full-text catalog enabled? We dont use KB articles. And what i...

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

auto rcvd email retrieval
Hi, 3 mos. new to this world, after a ten-year hiatus, this AM, for, starters, I'm adding a disconnected table to a burgeoning contractor's .mdb. tblMyControlNumbers shall be keyed with a string I can find in the Author property of some .docs and maybe .xls's and it looks like this: "Jim Shores_1040000, Jim Shores_1040001, _1040003, and so forth and so on. Well, yesterday, there was a online order-form field at some mail-order house that called for a .Purchase Order Number'. Which means I have recieved a email with "Jim Shores_1040029" in its body. How ...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Convert text to text
Hi, I have a list of funds from 2 different companies. I have to manully type in one list, different order everyday and out of 25 about 15 are present. Need help with how to fill in formula do get that automated? Any link or article will do. Not clear from your description what you have and what you need. We know you have a list of funds. What and where are you typing? What do you mean by 15 out of 25 are present? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:10:26 -0800 (PST), BetaDocuments <betadocuments@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a list of funds from ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Decimal Point Auto Entry and Other Options
Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to Money 2005?? I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under the "Editing" tab in options. I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems silly. In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote: >Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 20...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

Import HTML Form Data in Multiple Email (multiple text files)
PROBLEM: I have an HTML form on a webpage that submits (posts) the form data results to me via email. I now have hundreds of emails (.eml files from Windows Live Mail) in a folder on my desktop that contain newsletter signup data from people wanting to join my mailing list. These are names, email addresses, phone numbers, and some check box information. The data is in the body of the messages in the following format: Field 1: User Entry 1 Field 2: User Entry 2 Field 3: User Entry 3 SOLUTION NEEDED: I need a way to automate importation of the data from the text inside thes...

Why can't I see all the text in a cell?
I am entering text into a cell. It is a rather large string of sentences. I can not view the entire content of the cell unless I strike F2 to edit. I have tried to auto fit the row, but that does not work either. The text is not able to be viewed in Print preview, nor does it show in hard copy. Any ideas? This is in the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. "woody" wrote: > I am entering text into a cell. It is a rather large string of sentences. I > can not view the e...