with ref to the dialog editor question

A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question.

I'm trying to create a form to input data  similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using
the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet.   Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start

Regards

DAVE
Bristol UK

"Can someone please help.
I am trying to start the dialog editor.
my book says :-
1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu.
2 Select the dialog editor option button.
3  Choose the OK button.
But I cannot find the excel control menu.
Please can someone help?
kind regards
DAVE"

0
dave1840 (5)

Maybe this link from MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm

You may want to see if John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform is sufficient.
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

You can even buy access to the code for $20 (USA) if you want to tweak it some.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

#Ref! in cells of row linked to deleted row
Does one just delete the row? Why wasn't it just deleted like the row i the database since it was linked to it? Thanks, Trud -- lburg80 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lburg801's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2833 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48026 ...

Is there a way to tell that a modal dialog is open?
Howdy, I have an MFC dialog app that has a notification area (or system tray, or whatever we are calling it this week) icon. Per customer spec, when the user right clicks this icon he or she gets a menu that includes an "exit" choice which causes the app to send a WM_CLOSE message to itself. The problem is that sometimes I get hangs or crashes if the user selects this menu choice when a modal dialog is showing over the dialog window. Is there a clean way to either tell that a modal dialog is open and thereby know to disable this menu choice, or to ensure that any open modal dialo...

beginner query question
hello to all I would like to restate a question I posted a few days ago in different terms. I received excellent advice from Allen Browne and John Vinson but, as a beginner, I'm having trouble implementing their suggestions. I have a form that shows a student's ID and name in the header. In the body of the form are 40 textboxes that will each accept an integer from 1 to 5. These are evaluation scores for 40 different criteria. The fields may also be left blank if they do not pertain to that particular student. I've called these 40 textboxes s1, s2, s3 .... s40. The fo...

MFC Dll with dialog
Hi I have MFC Dll with dialog, I used it in C# App. All the function (from App to the Dll ) was at another Thread ("Dll thread"). Not in the main (GUI) thread, but in the same one (using queue) The init(.) and other function first enter to Q and the pulled by the "Dll Thread") It's working functionality, but The MFC Dialog stays grey. (Missing WM_PAINT (? I think that I have problem with window handle. The Code in the C#: [..."MyDll.dll"...] export static int Init(CallBack* xxx, SData* ps); The function get delegate to return event from the DLL and data ...

Rules and Alert question..
I receive many emails similar to: d454yhbsrdgvbsdbv@hotmail.com - there is no name in to TO box, no subject matter and nothing in the body. How do I set up a rule so these emails will go into my delete box? Thanks! CReating rules for spam is an exercise in futility. Use a third party add-in to filter spam, such as SpamBAyes, available from sourceforge.net. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Terri asked: | I rec...

Question about RMS
MY company is thinking of starting to resell RMS - ot what size of client companies is RMS target and hwo much does a typical RMS solution cost for the client? Thanks Hi RMS is ideal for retail operations from 1 store up to a few hundred so i'm told. All you really have to do is throw more hardware at it. We have 40 stores connected, and about 20 office users connected on citrix and we have 4 servers in total, 1 for HQ manager, 1 for SQL DB and 2 dedicated comms servers for HQ Server. All in, we have spent around R800k ($120k) on hardware, and roughly R1 million on implementatio...

Anybody Help with previous question
Hi, I'm getting desperate to solve this, so my apologies for posting this again, but can anybody offer any help with this previous question. If the link doesn't work I have copied the orig question below. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=4&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&fltr=&mid=4044fba5-9f57-4be7-85a7-92ebb9093772 I have (been given) the code below that will add a row of 'jobs' to a worksheet named 'Database'. There isa check to see if these jobs have been already added a...

Model dialogs / UpdateWindow / UpdateData
1. Can I disable any controlls in dialog window using following code? CWnd* pWnd = GetDlgItem(nItem); pWnd->EnableWindow(0); 2. would UpdateWindow() / UpdateData() functions require inside OnCheck*() to update the dialog? I am just enabling / disabling some other controls (textbox, etc.) in the same dialog box using the above code. Thanks. "v4vijayakumar" wrote: > 1. Can I disable any controlls in dialog window using following code? > > CWnd* pWnd = GetDlgItem(nItem); > pWnd->EnableWindow(0); Ok, it will do. > 2. would UpdateWindow() / UpdateData(...

can't install equation editor
Hello, I am trying to install the equation editor from my Microsoft Word v.X install CD, but have been stymied so far. I first insert the CD, double click on the value pack folder, and open the value pack installer. Everything seems to work fine to that point. I then select the Equation Editor from the available option in the value pack installer, and I click continue. After a couple of seconds of processing, an error message comes up: Error creating file. 1008:5,-5000 Access denied error "OK" is the only option, which then brings up "An error occurred that prevented the pr...

Question re: Outlook & Outlook Express
I use Outlook for all my emails & Outlook Express for news groups. Each has a different email address. When I "Reply to Group" in Outlook Express, no problem. When I select "Reply", I am prompted for an Outlook profile ( I have two) which, as I understand it, will cause the message to be sent with the Outlook profile and its corresponding email address that I select. Do I need to create a profile or email account or both in Outlook Express or add a profile to Outlook? Either way it would be a different email address than the two in Outlook. I must use a different ...

Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007
I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in. If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100 extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck i...

Macro to switch to another sheet, grab ref to any cell, paste ref in current sheet??
I am looking for a way (either macro or VBA) to perform one simple task: while in *any cell* of your choice in the current worksheet, switch to another specific sheet, choose *any* cell, grab a reference to that cell (not its value), switch back to the first worksheet and slap in the reference of the cell in the other sheet. This would be the automated equivalent of doing the following manually: 1) Select *any cell* (say *F11*) in the current sheet (Call it "*Destination*"). 2) Press "=" (no "ENTER") 3) Click the tab for the other sheet (call it "*Source*&...

Newbi MFC Dialog question
Lets say I have dialog A. On dialog A, I have a button that opens Dialog B. I want to be able to set the control values of a combo box of values from Dialog A. I tried setting them before the doModal(), but I keep getting assertion errors. emailDLG dlg; CComboBox* test = (CComboBox*)dlg.GetDlgItem(IDC_TESTBOX); test->AddString("test1"): test->AddString("test2"): if (dlg.DoModal() !=IDCANCEL) { .. .... ...... Thanks in advance! Scott Hi, First, your probably not familiar with Control variables. http://www.flounder.com/getdlgitem.htm I have not used GetDlgI...

Clipboard question... CF_...what?
Hi, I understand this information is all out there, but it's all a bit confusing and I never know for sure when I read about it... I had a non-Unicode application and copied/pasted to/from the clipboard through CF_TEXT which went all fine. Now I moved to Unicode and need to update my copy/paste routines. I implemented copy and paste for CF_UNICODETEXT. But I have some questions: 1. When I look in the DataObject Viewer I sometimes see only CF_OEMTEXT and CF_TEXT on the clipboard (depending what the source was), but when I paste this contents in my application, I handle it through GetCl...

Vista Calculator under accessories question.......
I use the calculator function often while viewing spreadsheets in my work. However, whenever I switch from the calculator to say, Excel, the calculator 'minimizes' from the desktop requiring me to re-open from the toolbar below. Is there a setting on the calculator that would allow it to remain on screen while performing other functions? Thank you! ReBell Take a look here http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

#REF!
='I:\Shared\N.C.F\&text(A2-365,"YYYY")\[CAF-JAN.xls]MACH'!$C$40 Gives me #ref! I:\Shared\N.C.F\2004 has previous years CAF-JAN. Every year this changes. Want it to automaticly Take date value from A2 - 1 year and put it in the path for the CAF-Jan.xls file. Sry removed previous post so I could post in both groups Jerry W. Lewis wrote: > See answer to your previous post. Repeating a question after 18 minutes > does nothing to spead a reply. > > Jerry > > AMDGUY [MCP] wrote: > >> ='I:\Shared\N.C.F\&text(A2-365,"YYYY")\[...

sharing variables between dialog boxes
Hi all, I have a dialog based application where i want to share variables between 2 dialog boxes. More specifically, i have a dialog box with a menu option settings. On pressing that a new dialog box is invoked. This new dialog box has a edit box and save button. User will write into that edit box and press save button. When ever he presses save, the dialog box will close. Now i want the contents of the edit box into the main dialog box from where that dialog box was invoked. How should i go about that??? thanks kunal The class that wraps the 2nd dialog and displays the edit control ...

Formula Question #13
I have a in Col A a list of strings which are either 2 or 3 digit characters, and I would like to break them apart and put them in the 3 adjacent columns. AK 34 89s AK A K 23 2 3 89s 8 9 s I know that I could use the Left function for the first column, but am not sure about the other 2 characters if there are 2. Thanks in advance, Andrew Select your data, then: <Data> <Text To Columns> <Fixed Width> <Next> In the "Data Preview" window, click at each character to place a "Break Line" exactly where you wan...

Where to find Input Method Editors for Office 2003
Pls advise The MUI for Office 2003 is sold separately. Contact your reseller to place an order. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Frustrated IMEs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340301c48f34$bafe8410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Pls advise Also see; http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/availability.mspx -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

Cross-Ref to Excel Chart
When I insert a cross reference to the caption of a linked Excel chart, the cross reference inserts the chart as well as 'Figure 6' or whatever. I can delete the chart from the cross reference, but when I print the document it comes back again. I can't see anything in the field codes causing this, though there is a /* MERGEFORMAT switch that I don't recognise I have a bunch of these linked charts in the document, and not all of them behave like this. It doesn't happen with spreadsheet data that I have linked to the Word doc, only the charts. oops, pr...

Hardcoding print dialog box printer...
Hi all. I'm not really much of a C++ programmer but I need to modify some old code to print directly to the Adobe Distiller printer installed on the users machine. I have been able to get new devname and devmode structures using some code I found on the MS site that changes the default print driver on the dialog box to the Adobe Distiller, but when I don't get a good return when I make the GetDefaults call. It does work if I display the dialog box but I don't want the dialog box to show up in this case. The code works fine if I remove the new code to change the print driver ...

ActiveCell.Offset Question
Hi, Spreadsheet with many columns: In All column, Row4 I have dates: What I like to do is: "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that value down to another cell . "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that value down to another cell . I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type: Sub Look4DATE() Dim mycell As Range Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell) myc...

Copy an image in a dialog to clipboard
Hi, Hi, I am creating a dialog based application in MFC and trying to copy an image present in a bitmap dlg item rectangle to clipboard. I am encountering a problem when used the following source code. When only this application is executed then it copies the correct image. But when this application runs in background and any other application(say MS Word) is opened on top of this, a region of MS Word is copied into clipboard instead of the image from the dialog. But My aim is to copy the image only from the dialog , even though it runs in back ground. This is the segment of code I ...

Mock question?
Hi all Not sure if this is the right group, I am happyo to repost to correct group if I know what that is! but in the mean time - here goes I am using NMock2 and I have question. I have the following interface: public interface ITime { int Hour { get; } } and the following weather service: public class WeatherService:ITime { public string GetTodaysWeather() { if (Hour >= 0 && Hour <= 6) { return "Sunny"; } else if (Hour >= 7 &&...

New Database in Storage Group question
I think I have some corruption in an exisiting database in my Storage Group. What I am doing is moving all mailboxes to a newly created database within this storage group. Is this a good thing to do? I was figuring instead of taking the corrupted database (I am getting some 1025 errors) down for 50+ hours while I run isinteg, I could just move the mailboxes to a new database. Will this work? Since I am allowed 5 databases within a storage group, what is Microsoft best practices when it comes to database size? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Best practice is to keep the size ...