With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter while protecting sheet, how?

With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to
make it happen?
0
Song (7)

You can right click on the auto filter button and click
Format cell
Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect
the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this
does the trick. Jennifer

"Song" wrote:

> With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to
> make it happen?
0
Jennifer1 (141)
11/14/2004 6:57:01 AM
Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the
sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure if it has sth relation to the
version.

"Jennifer" wrote:

> You can right click on the auto filter button and click
> Format cell
> Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect
> the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this
> does the trick. Jennifer
>
> "Song" wrote:
>
> > With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to
> > make it happen?
0
Song (7)
11/14/2004 7:12:01 AM
Sorry, I am using 2003 and I tried it and it worked with no problems. Not
sure about the 2k. When you protect the sheet does it prompt you to select
locked and unlocked cells? Sorry, no help. Jenifer
P.S. When you say the filter button you are refering to a button you created
that is a macro that performs your filter right. If not, that is the problem.

"Song" wrote:

> Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the
> sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure if it has sth relation to the
> version.
>
> "Jennifer" wrote:
>
> > You can right click on the auto filter button and click
> > Format cell
> > Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect
> > the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this
> > does the trick. Jennifer
> >
> > "Song" wrote:
> >
> > > With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to
> > > make it happen?
0
Jennifer1 (141)
11/14/2004 7:26:02 AM
"filter" means the function under data menu...
With excel2000, no pop-up for the selection of locked and unlocked cells...

"Jennifer" wrote:

> Sorry, I am using 2003 and I tried it and it worked with no problems. Not
> sure about the 2k. When you protect the sheet does it prompt you to select
> locked and unlocked cells? Sorry, no help. Jenifer
> P.S. When you say the filter button you are refering to a button you created
> that is a macro that performs your filter right. If not, that is the problem.
>
> "Song" wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the
> > sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure if it has sth relation to the
> > version.
> >
> > "Jennifer" wrote:
> >
> > > You can right click on the auto filter button and click
> > > Format cell
> > > Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect
> > > the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this
> > > does the trick. Jennifer

0
Song (7)
11/14/2004 7:34:02 AM
Ok,  you need to create a macro that performs the auto filter function for
you. This is an example of what the macro may look like:
Sub Macro7()
   ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=0
    Range("D11").Select
    Range("A39:K274").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace,
CriteriaRange:= _
        Range("A21:A22"), Unique:=False
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-23
End Sub

This macro is attached to a button that anyone can push and it will perform
the auto filter. Let me know what you need next. May want to give me an
example of what you want to filter, may be able to write the macro for you.
Probably not tonight though. Jennifer

"Song" wrote:

> "filter" means the function under data menu...
> With excel2000, no pop-up for the selection of locked and unlocked cells...
>
> "Jennifer" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I am using 2003 and I tried it and it worked with no problems. Not
> > sure about the 2k. When you protect the sheet does it prompt you to select
> > locked and unlocked cells? Sorry, no help. Jenifer
> > P.S. When you say the filter button you are refering to a button you created
> > that is a macro that performs your filter right. If not, that is the problem.
> >
> > "Song" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the
> > > sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure if it has sth relation to the
> > > version.

0
Jennifer1 (141)
11/14/2004 7:44:01 AM
Hi!

I'm not sure about XL2K but in XLXP there is an option to
allow autofilter when the sheet is protected.

In XLXP - goto Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

A dialog opens with all the protection options. Scroll
down the list and select USE AUTOFILTER.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
11/14/2004 7:54:22 AM
I understand the macro you wrote is same as "advanced filter" under data
menu, which can work while the sheet being protected, but what I need is the
"auto filter" function.

"Jennifer" wrote:

> Ok,  you need to create a macro that performs the auto filter function for
> you. This is an example of what the macro may look like:
> Sub Macro7()
>    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=0
>     Range("D11").Select
>     Range("A39:K274").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace,
> CriteriaRange:= _
>         Range("A21:A22"), Unique:=False
>     ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-23
> End Sub
>
> This macro is attached to a button that anyone can push and it will perform
> the auto filter. Let me know what you need next. May want to give me an
> example of what you want to filter, may be able to write the macro for you.
> Probably not tonight though. Jennifer
>
> "Song" wrote:
>
> > "filter" means the function under data menu...
> > With excel2000, no pop-up for the selection of locked and unlocked cells...
> >
> > "Jennifer" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I am using 2003 and I tried it and it worked with no problems. Not
> > > sure about the 2k. When you protect the sheet does it prompt you to select
> > > locked and unlocked cells? Sorry, no help. Jenifer
> > > P.S. When you say the filter button you are refering to a button you created
> > > that is a macro that performs your filter right. If not, that is the problem.

0
Song (7)
11/14/2004 7:59:01 AM
Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Song wrote:
> With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a
> sheet, how to make it happen?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/14/2004 9:22:18 AM
"Song" <Song@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I understand the macro you wrote is same as "advanced filter" under data
> menu, which can work while the sheet being protected, but what I need is
the
> "auto filter" function.

Maybe you'd like to check out Debra Dalgleish's page at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect

Look for the section: AutoFilter on a Protected Worksheet
(it's near the bottom of the page)

There's a Workbook_Open macro provided
which you could try .. (Full instructions given there)
--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)

Need help moving Outlook folder
I'm using Outlook 2002. My primary email account uses IMAP and I added it to Outlook using <Tools> <Email Accounts ...> <Add a new email account>. I noticed that Outlook created a file for this account in the directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook This file obviously contains the email that has been downloaded from my email account, since the file size grows and shrinks as mail is added or deleted. However, I would like to move this file from its default location to another hard drive. The reason is that the other ha...

Printing an Excel doucument

help needed, pls, with trusted sources
Hi - Using Outlook 2000 and XP Home- When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: There is a program trying to access, etc.. allow Y, N, x minutes...' Is there a way to set this as a trusted source? The latest version of this software does not supply a COM add-in, as it's supposedly not needed.... but, I guess something is needed.... Thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Uncle Vinnie, you wrote on Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:53:19 -0500: > When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: > There is a program trying to acce...

Windows Update

excel axes

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

Excel program

Need help to finish function....
Here is my function.... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($I$16,'[customers from caselle.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$G$710,5&6&7,FALSE)) I am trying to join text on a row in the 5th, 6th and 7th colums of workbook into 1 cell in another workbook, thus my guess of 5&6&7, which was a bad guess. Column 5 is the city, 6 is the state, and 7 is the zip code. I would like to pull it into one cell in the following format: city, state zip. What to I need to replace the 5&6&7 with to make this work? Thanks, Dan {5,6,7} Alan Beban Dan B wrote: > Here is my function.... > =IF(ISNA(V...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Need help on ouptput against range
Dear All. Please help on following problem I have 8 different range as stated below. Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B and so on.. Col A Col B ColC Start End Result 0 10 A 11 20 B 21 30 C 31 40 D 41 50 E 51 60 F 61 70 G 70 100 H Based on some input i want output based on result of above range. E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E or my input is 9 then putput should be A How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output. Please help me on this urgently. Regards Anoop -- anoop ------------------------------...

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...