windows display

I have somehow managed to make a mess of how my windows
are displayed in VB.

Previously when I opened VB I had my 'Projects' window
with my 'Properties' window below and on the left hand
side with the 'Code' window taking up the remainder of the
screen.  When I opened another set of code it replaced the
previous code and everything was visible with no overlap.

Now when I open VB the various windows are all over the
place, overlap and need moving about so I can see what I
need to see.  I am assuming I have messed up a default
setting relating to the 'View'.  Does anyone know how to
reinstate the defaults as this is a real pain in the
a*se!!!!

Cheers
0
anonymous (74723)

mikey

You will have to play around arranging the Windows and Tools>Options>Docking
to set up the View you want.

Excel will save that view when you close.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:26:31 -0800, "mikey may"

>I have somehow managed to make a mess of how my windows
>are displayed in VB.
>
>Previously when I opened VB I had my 'Projects' window
>with my 'Properties' window below and on the left hand
>side with the 'Code' window taking up the remainder of the
>screen.  When I opened another set of code it replaced the
>previous code and everything was visible with no overlap.
>
>Now when I open VB the various windows are all over the
>place, overlap and need moving about so I can see what I
>need to see.  I am assuming I have messed up a default
>setting relating to the 'View'.  Does anyone know how to
>reinstate the defaults as this is a real pain in the
>a*se!!!!
>

>Cheers

0
Gord
2/6/2004 6:05:08 PM
This was posted by Ole P. Erlandsen.
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=377b97e9.357163033%40news.telia.no

==
Close Excel and the VBE
Run RegEdit
Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Office
Rename (or delete) the value Dock (e.g. ;Dock), Excel will recreate it
when it starts next time.
Close RegEdit
Open Excel and VBE, the windows are now at their default positions.

====

I use xl2002 and the path was different:
Navigate to HKCU\software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\common

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Web browser embedded in slide displays unwanted screen
Greetings! PPT 2007 Have embedded a web browser object in a couple of slides, in order to display html files stored locally. The files load correctly when a button on the slide is clicked. My problem is that in the period after arriving at the slide and before this button gets clicked, the browser displays the contents of the directory where the file resides. A blank screen, or some placeholder or other would be fine, but the list of files looks pretty ugly... Any assistance would be warmly appreciated! In article <2CFD4B87-17C5-44C8-9F56-59E6DAF5752A@microsoft.com>, Ano...

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Excel displaying images in one worksheet from another
I have to make a format for a purchase order which can be used fo several divisions of a company At the top I would like the user to be able to select the logo an address header from their appropriate division. I guess it would be good to be able to call the image from anothe worksheet and not from a folder on the server.....I wold like th format to be independent of any data source.... thanks for helping me with this relatively simple task:- -- matty247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- matty2470's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Adding the Custom Function (unicode string) to a Crystal Report display ???
hi, I try following url sample for Adding the Custom Function to a Crystal Report. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227658(VS.80).aspx I made unicode function display gujarati number of en(1234) but display ??? I also set font to shruti still diplay "????" marks thanks, harshad prajapati ...

How to display cell values in wordarts?
I try to input formula in a wordart, but nothing happen! Excel regard it as text. Is there any way to using formula and display cell values in wordarts? Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Anderson Lee wrote: > I try to input formula in a wordart, but nothing happen! Excel regard > it as text. Is there any way to using formula and display cell values > in wordarts? Please download and try AddinTools Create from http://www.addintools.com. This add-in tool make you using formula and cell reference in Excel object: diagram, autoshape, worda...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

Secondary Row Group not displaying second value
I have a Line pivot chart that displays productivity as the y-axis over time in hours as the x-axis. It also has a secondary row grouping of the ID of the object being made. So my x-axis looks has the numbers 1-75 for duration in hours and then under that has a bracket that displays the number of the run. I'm changing the graph so that it shows 2 runs at a time and so displays 1-75 then 1-75 again for the second run and under that displays the run ID bracketing that runs data but the second run id is blanks even though its displayed in the pivot chart. For clarity I tried t...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Help with displaying formulas in charts
I am looking for a way to display zero values in my charts as gaps. Right now I there is a big slant in my chart that I am trying to get rid of. The range I am using has formular in them, so even when the cells evaluate to blanks, they are displayed as zeros on the chart. Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Thanks Two possibilities I can think of" 1) Add an IF statement, to your formula, in order to present N/A instead of 0 [ use the function NA() ] Something like that: =IF(A1*B1=0,NA(),A1*B1) -------------------------------------- 2) Hide all the rows where the cell...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...