will not write file to server

when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them
message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but
i don't know how to get it can someone help

thanks pete
0
pblevins (1)

The MSKB article that discusses this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424

suggests ways to contact MS.  I don't know of any other ways.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

how do I make a chart & write in it?
i just don't get it Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html confused gal wrote: > i just don't get it -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

file browsing
Hi - I had my hard disk crash and just got a new computer. One feature that is no longer works on the new one is an autocomplete feature when I'm browsing for a file to open within excel. for example, if I started typing "C:\my documents", as soon as I typed "C:\m", the rest of the text would autopopulate. I tried enabling autocomplete within internet explorer (check "use in-line autocomplete" under tools / options / advanced but that doesn't work. I'm using excel 2003 and windows xp version 5.1 service pack 3. Dear Jim, Pls ch...

add fileds to PWA view
Hi, I would like to add the predecessors & successors fileds to a project view in the PWA. It seems that these fileds are not in the list. Is there a way to display them? Thanks, Assaf. Hi Assaf, That’s funny, I have never realized. But there is a view where at least successor is included. You could copy that one and modify as required. Sorry, I can’t tell you the name of this view because I have currently no English system available. You could also create two new fields on task level with a formula for successor and predecessor. These fields can be used in projec...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...

Ghosting an Exchange 5.5. server
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that was running out of hard disk space. So I ghosted the drive onto a larger drive. However, the next day I started getting errors with my database, and am now in the throes of getting things back in order. Is there a known issue with ghosting Exchange databases? Should I not have done it that way? Tim I would never trust ghost with something as important as Exchange 5.5. Did you try to run the defrag utilities for Exch 5.5 before you decided to ghost? Running "eseutil /d" on the priv files will defragment the database files. Once, I was able ...

Temporary files??
We have some Excel workbooks stored on the server that the whole department can gain access to. Occassionally, we open the workbook, make changes to it but when you click onto Save, it says you can only save it as a temporary file. It doesn't happen all the time and may only be twice a week but has anybody got any idea as to what the problem is? Thanks. Sometimes virus software causes this problem, although it typically occurs much more frequently when it is the cause. When Excel saves a file over an existing file it first saves it using a temporary random name. If the save is s...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

Read all Fileds/Columns from an CRM Object
Hallo NG, I have a little porblem with my Application. I try to Show an CheckBoxList with all Columns, which exist in the Object CRM Account or CRM Contact. This is very easy as long the CRM only have standard fileds like name, accountnumber or something. But when the CRM have fileds like CFSManager, I can't use this stanard schema, because this filed also schould be show. So is there any possibility, to get the all fileds, which an CRM Object has via Web Serivce or Database? Thanks for help, Andre Grumbach Andre, The p_GetEntityAttributes 'entity' stored procedure (in the Met...

Write-in Product causing Total Amount error
I created a new Order that had 2 Existing Product orders and 1 Write-in Product order. The Total Amount on the Information Tab is miscalculating something. If I delete the Write-in, the Total Amount shows the correct Existing Product Total Amount. Also, if I only have Write-In and no Existing Product it correctly shows the Total Amount. But having both of them is causing it to miscalculate in some way. The value of the Write-in Amount is nett $2041.00 plus Tax ($204.10 manually added) then correctly showing that Extended Amount of $2245.10 however the Total Amount shown on the Infor...

Attatched file show encoded in the body of the email #2
Hi ! One user receive mail with attatched file but he don't see an icon with the file but at the end of the email, he see the encoding caracters (UUENCODE) representative of the file attached like this. > begin 666 ATT160585.eml > M0V]N=&5N="UC;&%S<SH@=7)N.F-O;G1E;G0M8VQA<W-E<SIM97- S86=E#0I$ > M:7-P;W-I=&EO;BU.;W1I9FEC871I;VXM5&\Z(")+:6UM96PL ($MA<F5N note : this is only with senders of the same company but other sender from other company don't generate the problem... first time I see this in my company. if you have an idea abo...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Writing the Xml Declaration Using XmlDocument
Is there a better way to include the XML declaration than the following? XmlDeclaration dec =m_XMLDocument.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0",string.Empty, "yes"); m_XMLDocument.InsertBefore((XmlNode)dec, (XmlNode)m_XMLDocument.DocumentElement); XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(m_FileName,Encoding.Default); writer.WriteRaw(m_XMLDocument.OuterXml); writer.Flush(); writer.Close(); This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0146_01C49FB1.1FEC3CA0 Content-Type: text/plain; cha...

Backup Exchange Server 2003 with Backup Exec 10.0
We have two DCs in our network and one of them has Exchange Server 2003 installed on it, but we are having problems backing up the Exchange with our backup exec 10.0. I have been looking for everywhere on the web for the instructions on how to do it with no success. Anyone out there who can direct me to a website that explains how to use the Backup Exec 10.0 to back up Exchange or tell me how to do it? This may help. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275180.htm "Rekaman" <gilbert_habarurema@cox.net> wrote in message news:FZSag.12975$8q.5398@dukeread08... > We have ...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

How do I combine multiple pub files and add page numbers?
What version Publisher? There is a utility Ed Bennett developed for Publisher 2007 that will combine Publisher documents. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools Once you have combined the documents, Insert, page numbers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jlehr" <jlehr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0688C65F-50E5-445D-8295-00B12DCB3A55@microsoft.com... > ...

where can I find file cp561401.cab?
I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I get it? Cab files are on your Offoce CD. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rutt" <rutt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A25A72-0CB3-4FF3-8CD8-F5FF77D6D672@microsoft.com... >I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo > rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I g...

Create a form to open a comma delimited file
I am sending a comma delimited file to the server for my users to open it in Excel. I would like to create a form so that when they open this file, the data will be formatted and separated into appropriate columns and also contain headers identifying the columns and the report name. Does any one know if this is possible? If so, please provide some pointers on how to accomplish this task. Thank You, ~Rick 1. Save your file as *.txt (not .csv) 2. Start a new workbook 3. Record a macro when you open it and specify each field 4. Add headers/print layout/filters/subtotals, whatever e...