Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003.
I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
change.
0
eagle1 (9)

You need to post your conditional format formula.

"Cashius War eagle" <Cashius War eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BD77C591-4752-40FC-A52A-0898CA404F4E@microsoft.com...
> In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
> refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
> formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office
2003.
> I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
> change.

0
rumlas (268)
2/14/2005 7:18:29 PM
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:45:02 -0800, "Cashius War eagle" <Cashius War
eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
>refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
>formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003.
>I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
>change.

Most likely there is an error in your formula, so that it is not doing what you
expect it to do.

Post a copy of the formula, the inputs, and your expected results, and someone
will be able to help you.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
2/14/2005 7:51:45 PM
> Most likely there is an error in your formula, so that it is
> not doing what you expect it to do.

Try using the formula(s) on the spreadsheet itself in another
column to see if it generates True [number not zero]  or
False [zero].  Conditional formatting only pays attention to
True and ignores any errors.

Conditional like normal cell formatting can be wiped out
or copied from another cell by pasting into a cell.

My page on Conditional Formatting is
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
---
HTH,

dmcritchie (2586)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

Inserting a cell in the header.
We are trying to get a cell in the header of a sheet. Can this be done? Example would be in our sheet in D9 is TFF. We want whatever is in D9 to go in the header. I'm not sure this makes sense. Thanks Wendy You could do this with a macro linked to the worksheet_change event. Insert the following code into the macro sheet for the sheet with the cell if interest. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) For Each Cell In Target If Cell.Address = "$D$9" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Cell.Value End If Next Cell End Sub -- mrice Research Scientist with ...

Format cells #7

Excel cell value equals selected text from Word
Is it possible to bookmark or link a piece of text in Microsoft Word eg. a title in the word document is 'West Belfast Profile' In Excel, I would like to make a cell value equal to the text from Word. Basically cell A5 in excel equals 'West' from the title 'West Belfast Profile' in Word. If the user changes the title in Word to 'East Belfast Profile', the cell value in Excel changes to 'East'. Is this possible? You go to Word document and copy the text you want to link to Excel, select the cell you want to paste to Excel file, right-click ...

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Display message during save operation
Dear Experts, I would like to display a message during a save operation of a sheet (it is quite a large file so it takes a while). There is another thing related to this: When a user starts this spreadsheet without enabling the macro's, the workbook is opened with a sheet showing a text box with the message "Please reopen with macro function on". In the BeforeSave event macro I activate this sheet with the text box (so it will be shown on next start up). However this results in the display of the text box "Please reopen with macro function on" during a save opera...

Conditional Field in Queries

Combobox value populate cell selection
I am looking for button code to have a selected cell range merged and populated with value chosen from combobox. This value is centered in the merged cell selection. The cells range is defined manually with mouse. Bart Have a look at this event code which you can refine. No error-checking for data in the selected range...........assumes the mergerange is empty when selected. Runs when a value is selected from Combobox1 Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Range", Type:=8) With srng .HorizontalAlignment = xlCen...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...

Conditional null value

Display ALL text contents in cell
I am having trouble displaying all the contents in the cell. It is som lengthy information in the cell. I have made the row height as high a it will go, but it still won't display all the information. I canno make the column width any wider than I have it set, because then th other columns will not fit on the page. Does anyone know how t overcome this problem? : -- Flipper106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flipper1067's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...