Why if I insert a blank row in a sheet does the auto complete, for

0
Bylin (3)

Please repost your question in the body of a message...

In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>,
 "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/4/2004 4:48:34 AM
I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but because
I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in
automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row.

Any ideas?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> Please repost your question in the body of a message...
>
> In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>,
>  "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
Bylin (3)
10/4/2004 7:29:19 PM
Yes, adding blank rows fouls up more than one thing in Excel. If the blank row
is there for cosmetic purposes -- to provide space, get rid of the blank rows,
then adjust the row height for the 1st entry of each pair.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:29:19 -0700, "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but because
>I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in
>automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>"JE McGimpsey" wrote:
>
>> Please repost your question in the body of a message...
>>
>> In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>,
>>  "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 8:10:55 PM
Thanks for the help - it won't look as good without the blanks, but.....

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

> Yes, adding blank rows fouls up more than one thing in Excel. If the blank row
> is there for cosmetic purposes -- to provide space, get rid of the blank rows,
> then adjust the row height for the 1st entry of each pair.
>
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:29:19 -0700, "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but because
> >I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in
> >automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row.
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >"JE McGimpsey" wrote:
> >
> >> Please repost your question in the body of a message...
> >>
> >> In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>,
> >>  "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
Bylin (3)
10/4/2004 11:43:02 PM
If you adjust the row height it will look EXACTLY the same as with the blanks.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:43:02 -0700, "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the help - it won't look as good without the blanks, but.....
>
>"Myrna Larson" wrote:
>
>> Yes, adding blank rows fouls up more than one thing in Excel. If the blank
row
>> is there for cosmetic purposes -- to provide space, get rid of the blank
rows,
>> then adjust the row height for the 1st entry of each pair.
>>
>> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:29:19 -0700, "Bylin"
<Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but
because
>> >I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in
>> >automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row.
>> >
>> >Any ideas?

0
anonymous (74722)

removing blank fields in a query
I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do I accomplish this. -- Les >>I do not wan the fields with blanks Just omit that field. Or do you not want records that have blank fields? Use criteria of Is Not Null on the field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Les" wrote: > I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data > in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how ...

how can i search for sheet with any part of sheet name
hi every on i need code for userform of textbox and listbox to search for any sheet in workbook with any part of that sheet name on i enter on textbox to populate on listbox all sheets named contain that enterd text on textbox . any help appreciated . thanks This code takes a string and searches the sheet name for it. Set strData to your textbox value and instead of msgbox, do a listbox.add Dim strData As String strData = "Dat" For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count For j = 1 To Len(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name) - Len(strData) + 1 If UCase(Mid(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).N...

Lookup selective from another sheet
Assume I have one sheet as below. How can I create a new sheet and display only those entrys that are greater than a entered value. i.e main sheet abc 2 def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 fgh 3 krk 4 on second sheet, if 4 is entered only entrys >4 are shown. i.e def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 krk 4 Try something like this: C1=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE)>Sheet1!B1,VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE),NA()) Your main sheet is A1-b6 and Sheet 2 is A1:B4 "Jim" <Jim Forrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WBb4f.34203$U9.12412@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Assume...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Unable to Install Outlook'07/Unable 2 Uninstall Completely Outlook
I upgraded to Professional 2007 from 2003. Everything worked except for Outlook 2007. I am unable to access any Outlook version, I tried to uninstall Outlook 2003 but it won't completely uninstall and Outlook 2007 won't install over 2003. "The update package could not be opened..." is the message I receive when I click on Outlook 2003 shortcut, but yet in the control panel, Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 shows up but I cannot uninstall or delete. How can I get Outlook 2007 to be installed. Thank you. Shotsy;110965 Wrote: > I upgraded to Professional...

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

PO's printing Blank
When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are coming up blank Please Help Hi What happens when they print to printer? Does the printer prints a blank page? "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c00701c469a4$56b91660$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are > coming up blank Please Help Are they completely blank, or are the lines missing. If it is just the lines, it could be the release dates? Carol "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Insert trigger

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?
I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map / template? ...

blank business cards from printer
I can print preview the cards I created but paper comes out blank. printed test page and other documents. Printer goes thru the motions but no ink. using publisher 2003. Is the content of the card an image rather than a mix of images and text? If the card content is a picture, be sure you have "Print full-resolution linked graphics" enabled. (Advanced Print Settings in the print dialogue). Are you using a template from the built-in templates that are part of the Publisher program? Special Paper Business cards will not print the built-in images. These cards have to be purch...

inserting hrs and minutes

New Calendar won't print time or complete event
I'm a newbie on Outlook 2007 added on to my Office 2007 suite. I've bought it for the montly Calendar view which is important to us. I've begun entering events or appointments with time and date. When I go to print preview or print, the time of the appointment does not appear and the event text is truncated severely. 1.) How can I get the appointment time to print in the monthly calendar? 2l) How can I activate word wrap or get the complete text to fit into the date box in montly calendar view? Thanks for all help offerred. Outlook 2007 doesn't use word wrap in the cale...

GETPIVOTDATA and (blank)
I have created a spreadsheet which has two pivot tables in it on separate sheets. In addition there is a summary sheet which I use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data from the pivot tables referencing adjacent cells for the Manager and Rep ID's. The original data includes some rows without ID's in either the Rep or the Manager fields resulting in some "(blank)" entries on both pivot tables. Where this has happened on the first table I have entered "(blank)" in my reference cell on the summary sheet and the data is extracted as nomal. When I...

blank cd cover designs
Looking for some cool cd cover designs for all types of music "OL' MUSIC LOVER" <OL' MUSIC LOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92CA53B2-8A1B-43CB-A087-60535D52C0E7@microsoft.com... > Looking for some cool cd cover designs for all types of music Google it. I don't want to... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011387531033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "OL' MUSIC LOVER" <OL' MUSIC LOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

Visio Viewer 2003 shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6
Hello, When opening a Visio .vsd file created with Visio 2002 or 2003 using Explorer -> right mouse button -> open with -> Internet Explorer, I get a blank page. Already tried the following but nothing helped: * Uninstall/Reinstall of Visio 2003 Viewer * Repair of Visio 2003 Viewer * http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910349 * Install of Visio 2007 Viewer Visio Professional 2003 is also installed on my pc, but I don't know which was installed first: Visio or the Viewer. But the problem appears also on pcs without Visio Pro. Currently we have no other option than to advise our user...

Auto-Editing