Why double click on row line moves me on the end of sheet?

I often work with Microsoft Excel 2003, but one thing makes me angry. Every
time I double click on row line (when I try to double click field and I hit
line by mistake), my selection moves to the end of the sheet. Why Excel does
it? I don't think that anyone uses this for moving down. Would you mind
changing this into next version of MS Excel?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d245e36-6645-49fe-9392-6fbd567ffcb3&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Zitnansky (1)

You can actually disable this behavior--but it also disables drag and dropping
of cells (and autofill).

Tools|Options|Edit tab
Uncheck "allow cell drag and drop"

Personally, I like the autofill too much to disable it.  (I've learned to be
more careful <bg> and when I'm not, I just mumble nasty words.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

cursor jumping from start to end of page
Hi outlook 2003 when i start outlook, the new page appears, ready for me to input text with the cursor flashing, but if I press ENTER to take me to the new line, the cursor jumps to the end of the page, how do I correct this? I also have two identical toolbars on the outlook interface, why? and what do I do? ...

force display of detail rows
I need to force the display of detail rows in a report even if values for these rows are not in the data provided by the query. For example the query data may be as follows: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 1 B 2 2 C 2 I need the report to show: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 B 2 C 0 2 A 0 B 0 C 2 Any suggestions? Thanks How is it to know what the maximum value is for the Detail? You are showing 'C' as the max. Is...

Add a line guide to Excel so that no matter what column you're wo.
When working in Excel I often have to look for a certain cell, then write down the info and then go back to the cell next to it, and it can be very confusing. I often confuse rows especially when working with numbers. Excel should have an option on the view menu to add a guideline like you would use on a document holder. It would shade the entire row you're selecting as you use the up/down arrow to move through rows. While the whole row is shaded, the current cell would be outlined just as it is normally so you know which cell you're actually in. This could also be used with...

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

automatically adjust row height in excel 2000
I have a paragraph of test in a merged, word-wrapped cell. When I double-click the row to auto adjust the height, it only show the first sentence. My question is, is there a way to get the row height to either automatically adjust as I type text; or is there a way to fix the double-click feature to adjust with the text? Right click on the cell, go to Format Cells, select the Alignment tab, and ensure Wrap Text is checked. It is checked. I figured out what was a matter as I read through some of the other questions and posts. The cell I had all the info in was a merged cell and I re...

How do I format a row depending on the value of a cell in the row
I have a table set up and would like any row of the table where a particular cell in the same row is blank to be highlighted. In other words, for any cell in column J that is blank, I want the corresponding row to be highlighted. I'm trying the conditional formating 'Formula Is' but so far it's not working for me. Any ideas? Select the whole table, assume the table is A1:D10, so formula is should be =COUNTBLANK($A1:$D1)>0 replace A1 with the left uppermost cell in your table that you want to test for and D1 with the right uppermost cell, notice the mixed relative a...

What version needed for a balance sheet
I have 2002 Deluxe. Do I need the small business version to get a balance sheet, and profit and loss? YES. >-----Original Message----- >I have 2002 Deluxe. Do I need the small business version >to get a balance sheet, and profit and loss? >. > ...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

clicker that advances one number per click in a cell
Hi, I'm new to the newsgroup. I hope that someone can help me with a small challenge. After reading the through the help sections, I just can't figure it out. How can I add a "clicker", where every time that I click on a button on a sheet, a cell advances 1 number? My gut feeling is that this is not a simple usage of a formula, but, then maybe there is one? Please help. Thanks for your help. Rayco See reply in .Misc Biff "Rayco" <raycotf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bc16d$42f59851$d85678fd$6680@PRIMUS.CA... > Hi, > > I'm new to...

Renaming Chart Sheets in 2007
Hi I have 2 files with 2 charts sheets in both files. When they are opened seperately the files retain the names chart 1 and chart 2 respectively. But when both are opened together the chart sheets are renamed to chart 1 and chart 2 in one file and chart 3 and chart 4 in the other file. I am using a macro to update information extra and want the standard names retained. This appears to only be an issue with 2007 files as if I save them as 2003 they work perfect. Can you confirm if this is a known issue and if there is a work around? Thanks Ailish ...

Calcutate SUM of column in first blank row
Hi All, Hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to find a method of finding the first blank row on a worksheet and perform a sum calculation for column B: example: Before A B ww ww x 1 x 2 x 5 x 6 After ww ww A B x 1 x 2 x 5 x 6 14 I have code to find the first blank row: Dim NextRow As Long NextRow = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1 Cells(NextRow, 2) = "test" But of course, I don't want it to say test, but insteade calulate the sum of all values in the column from B2 down (...

Rows numbers missing
The rows jump numbers (example: 17 to 20), but no data is missing. Also where the numbers jump, they are in blue, not black like the rest of the row numbers. I have checked for hidden rows and for row height - neither are the problem. The rows have been filtered - That's why you are seeing the blue. Select the column and do Data / Filter / Show All -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg for...

For every Nth Row
Hi, How can i shorten the scripts below so that once it reach every 26th row, it will perform certain tasks. Currently, i am manual adding the row no for next 26th row. Pls help. Sheets("Format").Select 'Format got header, start frm Row 2. Range("A1").Select NumOfRows = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For CurrentRow = 2 To NumOfRows If CurrentRow = 2 Then Rows(CurrentRow).Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Cells(CurrentRow, "C").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "CIS053" Cells(Cu...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Row Re-alignment
After searching these groups, I don't think I've found a solution to the following issue: When data is output in excel format from the source application, it shifts all rows to the left rather than insert a space for a null result. The result looks something like this: Col. 1 Data 1 Col. 2 Data 2 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 1 Data 1 Col. 2 Data 2 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 2 Data 2 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 1 Data 1 Col. 2 Data 2 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 2 Data 2 Col. 3 Data 3 Col. 3 Data 3 The top row represents the header. The additional rows represent the unsorted data. I would like to find an el...

negative numbers on line chart
When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the X labbels. I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out for a line chart. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Ann I found my answer. I went to http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm, "ann" wrote: > When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the > X labbels. I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below > the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out f...

combine hide row macro with conditional formatting
I'm sure one of you gurus can solve this in a flash. I've recorded a simple macro to hide a row (Alt O, Alt R, Alt H) but I want it to run automatically based on a cell value. For example: If cell value "A1" is "x" then I want the macro to run, and repeat itself down the column "A2, A3" etcetera until it reaches a blank cell. Is there a way to plug my existing macro "hiderow" into Conditional Formatting for a column; or is there a simpler solution? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Moving the Un-Movable
Here's another issue... I had someone do something you aren't supposed to be able to do. And now I can fix it. They moved their main Contact folder in the Folder List in Outlook to be a subfolder of Deleted Items. And now I can't move it back. It doesn't delete when they empty their trash, but it's still annoying that it won't move. I've reset their Outlook and even blew away their profile on their machine (Windows 2000)... but nada. *pulls out hair* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Receiving lines missing
I have a receiving for a partial amount of the PO but there are no receiving lines to match. When I try to edit the PO I get the error that the PO is currently saved in a purchasing batch, but there are no batches in the system. In the tables POP30300 there is a receiving # but there are no lines to match in POP30310. How can I fix this error? No one can invoice on this PO because it shows as received but won't list the receipt lines. Have you run checklinks and reconcile yet? That would be the first thing to try to see if it resolves the issue. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast...

Wrap text effected by changing row height
I like to work with a row height of 16 instead of the default of 12.75, however when I change the row height the wrap text option does not update automatically for the row(s) I have changed, but only manually. Is there a possibility to change the row height and have the wrap text work automatically ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...