Why do some of my Excel spreadsheets open up slowly since I set u.

I just set up file sharing on a wireless network connecting my two computers
(one running XP, the other Me). I copied a number of Excel spreadsheets from
My Documents (XP computer) to the Shared Documents folder (XP). I then
accessed the Shared Documents folder on my Me computer, via the wireless
network, and copied the shared spreadsheets to the My Documents folder of the
Me computer. The next time I went to open one of the shared spreadsheets on
the XP computer, it opened extremely slowly (maybe 15-20 seconds) and I got a
message that Xcel had detected and repaired errors in the sheet. This sheet
had previously opened quickly and with no problems on both computers and
continues to do so on the Me computer. This same problem exists on some, but
not all, of the shared sheets.
0
Normandy (1)

Hi
sounds more like a network issue than an Excel issue. Any chance your
connection is unstable, etc.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Normandy" <Normandy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I just set up file sharing on a wireless network connecting my two
computers
> (one running XP, the other Me). I copied a number of Excel
spreadsheets from
> My Documents (XP computer) to the Shared Documents folder (XP). I
then
> accessed the Shared Documents folder on my Me computer, via the
wireless
> network, and copied the shared spreadsheets to the My Documents
folder of the
> Me computer. The next time I went to open one of the shared
spreadsheets on
> the XP computer, it opened extremely slowly (maybe 15-20 seconds) and
I got a
> message that Xcel had detected and repaired errors in the sheet. This
sheet
> had previously opened quickly and with no problems on both computers
and
> continues to do so on the Me computer. This same problem exists on
some, but
> not all, of the shared sheets.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

networkdays
I write macros for stock analysis using Excel 97. The macro uses the expression “=NETWORKDAYS(37545,NOW(),0)”, returning a value of 1654. The beginning date is 7/22/2002, and the end date is 2/13/2009. Runs just fine. When I run the macro on a friend’s computer with Excel 2007, it calculates the same value for networkdays, but it always DROPS 12/9/2009 (Tuesday) and 12/10/2009 (Wednesday). There is definitely stock data for those dates. Consequently, the beginning date on his computer is 7/18/2002 (2 days earlier), and the end date is 2/13/2009. Why does Excel 2007 do that??? TIA. ...

Is there a test for basic excell knowledge/usage????
Is there some kind of "Basic Excel Test" that is out there somewhere or one that Microsoft has that can be used to test the knowledge or experience of a user? Reason is, I need to hire people that atleast have basic excel knowledge or usage and I want to be able to test them! I had this one guy that I hired that supposedly had basic excel knowledge and knew how to use it etc....Well.....let's just say that I should have thought about looking for this "test" prior to hiring him because he can't even figure out how to do something as simple as use the...

Excel prints some sheets very small
When I try to print multiple sheets of the same workbook at the same time, one of them (a different one each time) prints very small (about an inch tall) in the upper left hand corner. I am printing from a network file but I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Please HELP!!! ...

How to change every second row with different color
I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in different color. How can I make it? Thanks See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "snah" <snah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62155B2F-CBD2-4CA9-AD79-9B0FAB7850A3@microsoft.com... >I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in >different > color. > How can I make it? > Thanks 1 option is via a VBA Macro "snah" wrote: > I have a ...

Order Form
Hi Hope someone can help me. I'm trying to set up an order from in Access 2003 and being very rusty have been using a Microsoft template. I am setting up an employee ID box that I want to show the employee name: I have a qry (Expr1: [LastName] & "," & [FirstName]) that has added the first and last name together and it appears on the form in the correct format but I immediately get an error message : The value you added isn't valid for this field. I have set up the qry against the * not employee ID. The PK is Employee ID. I have the same issue with...

activex control in excel 2003
I have a custom ActiveX control that was developed by my company. I have it embedded in a series of excel worksheets and templates, along with some additional VBA code, to generate custom charts, graphs, and data forms. It has worked fine and flawlessly until I upgraded to Office 2003. Now when I open a saved worksheet, I get an runtime error, then a Microsoft Excel Pop up Warning me about initializing ActiveX controls. Even if I click "YES", the control does not load, or does not load properly. Has anyone had this proble and know of a workaround or solution? ...

Exporting Baseline to excel
Hey All, This question is directly to Rod Gill or someone who can help....Rod i have prchased your book "VBA PROGRAMMING for microsoft project versions 98 through 2007" and i'm using de module 27 to buid some reports here but i'm having the hard time to find out how to export baseline data..is very awkward..i know how to set the code to bring the information but I only to do it once..when i save the baseline of the project but 2 weeks later when i try it agin the macro brings me blank...i'm going cazy because i cant understand how the macro bring the informat...

Publisher 2000 open in 2007?
I am looking to purchase Publisher 2007 but I need to know if I will be able to open publisher files created in Publisher 2000. If I am able too will there be any issues I should be aware of? Any other comments will be appreciated, Thank you! Sure, Publisher 2000 files will open with 2007. There will be some formatting differences, such as WordArt. Your files will be much smaller, a real plus. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dave@EDMA" <Dave@EDMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B...

Excel charts to appear once i mouse over a certain cell???
i have an excel chart, a scatter diagram, which is working perfectly fine as it is. I just want to know if there is any way in which I can put this chart in a comment or click a button which will display the chart and ensure that the chart gets updated as the input values change??? Is this possible Hi ace, >i have an excel chart, a scatter diagram, which is working perfectly fine >as > it is. I just want to know if there is any way in which I can put this > chart > in a comment or click a button which will display the chart and ensure > that > the chart gets upda...

Excel 2003 -- cannot empty clipboard
Hi -- I am running Win XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003. Every time I move a cell in Excel , I get a message stating 'cannot empty the clipboard'. I click ok and life goes on. How do I fix this so it doesn't keep popping up? Many Thanks -- memcneely ...

Corner marks on envelope setting
When printing a customized envelope, there are corner marks that print on the envelope but are not on the main screen. I need to remove those marks on each corner. Any ideas? They are crop marks. Depending on your version of Publisher... When you are ready to print click the "Advanced Print Settings..." Page settings tab, clear Crop Marks. In Publisher 2000 the option is on the Publication Options tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Texan desperation" <Texan desperation@discussions.microsof...

Outlook 2003
I've tried to delete an imap account, but seems like it left something below. After restarting Outlook, that account's folder still there, when I try to close it, it will report with the error "The information store could not be opened". I try many way, including scanpst, but still can't remove it. Is there any way I can remove this zombie folder? try removing the account and all PST files associated with it via the Mail icon in Control Panel. -- Bill Rodgers - MVP "YesBalala" <root@10.0.0.1> wrote in message news:g5fsh1h621mmp6gu40d79dopu09cffnafc@4ax...

Excel file parsing
Dear All, I got to open an excel file and read the cells.Is there any library avilable in SDK(VC++ 6.0)? Thanks. Vinodh Kumar P hi, You can use the Excel COM object and its functions to read the cells from excel. This IIRC isnot part of the SDK. I am not sure if excel reader is installed whether we can use the excel control to read the cells. Another way out is you can check up the excel file format and read the cells on your own. May be you want to look at openoffice.org or chicago.sf.net for some sample code. hth gangadhar Vinodh Kumar P wrote: > Dear All, > ...

opening wrong version
When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the right one. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Chiskes wrote: >When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the >last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the >right one. Any ideas? If you mean you want a different file to open, use the Most Recently Used (MRU) list at the bottom of the File menu to switch. Money should open the MRU file next time. An alternative is t...

Excel Crashes on using Transpose function
Hi All I've always been a passive user of this pages which have provided me a solution to all my excel problems just browsing through these pages. For the first time it hasn' worked so posting my problem here. On using the following function excel crashes. Can someone figure out why: =TRANSPOSE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(row($A$1:$B$5),COLUMN($A$1:$B $5),,,"Sheet1"))) I'm writing the formula on Sheet2. The formula works fine when being used on Sheet1. It goes without saying that I will owe a huge debt of gratitude to anyone who can shed some light on this. Ajitpal Hello Aji...

Printing Excel sheets
Hi, On my Excel sheet I have only 10 rows in use, but for some reason the totaal sheet on my screen is about 1000 rows, from which 990 are empty. But what's worse, when I print the sheet I get 1000 rows paper output, in stead of 10 rows. How can I get rid of all these empty rows. Not only for printing but also on my screen. Some help would be nice ! Thanks ! This problem is caused when a spread sheet which had say, 1000 columns by 1000 rows is reduced by deleting columns and rows. For some reason deleting columns and rows doesn't remove the internal flag of the position of t...

extrapolation curves on excel
I have a set of points on a graph(positive slope). It stops and the next point jumps up by 14 y-axis values. From there the new line starts with a positive slope. I need to create a vertical line starting at the last point before the points jump on the x-axis. This line will allow me to connect the two separate slopes. Thank you! In article <049E5266-9045-4842-A2BE-BE51A6D0DA09@microsoft.com>, chemistry@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a set of points on a graph(positive slope). It stops and the next > point jumps up by 14 y-axis values. From there the new...

Simple Copy and Paste in Excel XP not working constantly
My copy and paste functions are not working. For example: If I Open a new work-book type the word "hello" Copy it Move 2 cells down and paste It pastes "hello" - great Move down two futher cells Paste again I get a large, empty picture box (which ever methods of copy and paste I use I get the same problem, if I go for paste special only the picture paste options are available) This is now happening more often that not and is driving me just a bit potty - any help please? Could this be a workbook that has existing macros that activate when something changes? Something...

Excel Navigation
Hello all, Like most of you, I use excel a LOT. Is there a way to highlight the row and column as I am navigating from one cell to another? Cheers, John John, Here is one way Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .Weight = xlThin .ColorIndex = 5 End With With .Borders...

Excell 2000
That infinite row of numbers on the left margin... is there any way to get it to print? thanx File>Page Setup>Sheet. Checkmark in "row and column headers". Unfortunately you can't have one without the other. If you need your rows numbered, you can insert a new column A and enter in A1 =Row() then drag/copy down as far as you wish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:57:59 -0800, "jb" <jb193@comcast.net> wrote: >That infinite row of numbers on the left margin... is >there any way to get it to print? thanx ...

import to excel error
When i try to use the import to excel feature i get an error that just says, unexpected error quitting. Any help getting this feature to work would be greatly appreciated. Eric, try one of the below resolutions Resolution 1 Make sure that the domain user that is logging onto the workstation is the local administrator on the workstation. 1. If the user is not a local administrator on the workstation, have someone with administrator privileges log onto the workstation and export from SmartList to Excel. 2. Have the user log back on to the workstation and try to export. The issue could...

print envelopes from excel data
I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes with the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking excel with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be able to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format. Or even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word? If each row of your database occupies columns A to K; design your envelo...

Unable to Open Outlook #2
When I start Microsoft Outlook, I receive the following error message: Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting Outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode. Do you want to start Outlook in safe mode? If I click Yes it opens and when I close it and try opening it again it does not open.I got to restart my computer to open and the same process repeats again. I also DO NOT see any disabled items in the disabled items dialog box on the help menu. Pls he...

Update to Publisher 2000 so I can open Publisher 2003-documents?
I'm using Publisher 2000 and want to open a publication made in the 2003-version. My friend are having trouble with his attempts to save the publication in the 2000 format in his 2003 version. He gets an error message and the program wants to report to Microsoft. I've recommended that he'd download and install all available updates, hoping that this will solve the problem in his part. But if it does not - are there an update for Publisher 2000 that will make it possible for me to open a 2003 publication? What is your friend's error? Maybe we can help. There is no update ...

Setting reading order for accessibility
I have created a Publisher template for a group of users to create their monthly newsletters (text boxes, calendar, images). I then convert their finished .pub files to pdf and need to make them accessible for posting on our website. Since there are multiple newsletters using the same template each month I want to set as much as possible in the .pub template so I don't have to do each one individually in Adobe and can easily make them an accessible pdf. The problem is that I can't find a way to set the Reading order in Publisher Any suggestions or ideas on if this is poss...