Why different printing, it's the same file?

We have 2 workstations.   Work station A has Windows 2000 OS, wit
Office 2000.   Workstation B has Windows XP with Office 2000.  I
Excel, we have a workbook on a network drive.  Workstation A views an
prints the doc fine.  A 30 word comment field fits perfectly into th
cell.   Cell height is 78.20.  Font is arial 8 point. In regular edi
view the text fills the cell.  In print preview or printing, the cel
prints but the words don't fill the entire cell.  There is a blan
line.  Which is OK I guess.

For some reason when opening the same file on workstation B, the cel
height gets changed to 61.20.  The text is still arial 8 point. I
regular edit view the text fills the cell. In print preview o
printing, the cell prints but, funny thing is the text fits in the cel
but the last line is cut in half.  It's like the cell is not big enough

We checked default printer specs, Options for Excel.  Everything seem
to be the same but the Operating System.

The document prints to 250 pages, so going through the entire documen
and making each cell bigger is an option we hope to avoid.

What ever happened to WYSIWYG.  Anyone run into this?

Any ideas or suggestions. Please let me know.  Thank

Are the display properties the same?  Especially Display Properties,
Settings, Advanced, General DPI setting.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
| We have 2 workstations.   Work station A has Windows 2000 OS, with
| Office 2000.   Workstation B has Windows XP with Office 2000.  In
| Excel, we have a workbook on a network drive.  Workstation A views and
| prints the doc fine.  A 30 word comment field fits perfectly into the
| cell.   Cell height is 78.20.  Font is arial 8 point. In regular edit
| view the text fills the cell.  In print preview or printing, the cell
| prints but the words don't fill the entire cell.  There is a blank
| line.  Which is OK I guess.
|
| For some reason when opening the same file on workstation B, the cell
| height gets changed to 61.20.  The text is still arial 8 point. In
| regular edit view the text fills the cell. In print preview or
| printing, the cell prints but, funny thing is the text fits in the cell
| but the last line is cut in half.  It's like the cell is not big enough.
|

| We checked default printer specs, Options for Excel.  Everything seems
| to be the same but the Operating System.
|
| The document prints to 250 pages, so going through the entire document
| and making each cell bigger is an option we hope to avoid.
|
| What ever happened to WYSIWYG.  Anyone run into this?
|
| Any ideas or suggestions. Please let me know.  Thanks
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jrrech (1933)

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

booklet printing 8 pages first page printing on right half of 11x1
That is a true statement. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > Wots your real problem?????? "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > There is a lot of space here to explain what you think is a problem. Page 1 should print on the right and page 8 on the left so when it is folded it will make the outside of your booklet John g. ...

no Money download files since 8-2003
am I just not looking at the right site? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx? sortCriteria=date&OSID=&productID=6600FA32-2B21-40B1-8D86- 5B1A21235F27&CategoryID=&freetext=&DisplayLang=en&DisplayEn glishAlso= but this site has no downloadable updates for MS Money since 8-2003? It's possible. Updated tend to come through smartconnect directly into Money, rather than being distributed on the downloads site... (although it does surprise me too). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Shared workbook losing print settings
I have a shared workbook containing around 25 worksheets. When one user opens the file he regulary has lost the print settings (print area & rows to repeat). Any suggestions? -- koppers ...

How do I print Double-sided?
I use publisher2003 and I want to do things on both sides if this is not possible then how to I print Double-sided? I suspect you now have only a single page to your file. To add a page, select Insert, Page. Create the second page. If you don't have a duplex printer then print page 1 of 1; put the paper back into the paper tray and print page 2 of 2. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "roseysmile" <roseysmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16A30776-34A2-4002-9258-70927A95139E@microsoft.com... >I use publisher2003 and I want to do things o...

comparing excel files #2
We have two versions of the same Excel workbook and need to merge the two. These files are huge and comparing them manually would take days. How can I compare the two files to see what is different? Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1 Thanks! Hi, On July 6, Dave Peterson wrote this: jeff ------------------------------------------------ It depends. Myrna Larson and and Bill Manville wrote an addin that compares two worksheets on a cell-by-cell basis. A1 is compared with A1. B99 to B99. If one of the users inserted (or deleted) rows (or columns)...

How To Transfer An Investment From One Money File to Another?
Is there a simple, effective and straightforward way to transfer transactions relating to an investment from one Microsoft Money 2004 file to another (there are other investments in the account). My wife and I have several mutual funds mixed up between us and would dearly like to eliminate the confusion. TIA -- Growing old is mandatory, growing wiser is optional. In microsoft.public.money, vigilantz <balls69bc@yahoo.ca(donotspam)> wrote: >Is there a simple, effective and straightforward way to transfer transactions >relating to an investment from one Microsoft Money 2004 f...

Printing Locks Up Everyone
We have something strange going on with our Great Plains system. When someone runs a report and prints it to the screen then prints it to a printer, it will slow everyones Great Plains client down enough to be effectively locked up, until the person clicks OK on the print message box to confirm the print job. While all of the clients are waiting for the person to finish sending the job to the networked printer, the server seems to be fine on resources. Any help would be appreciated. We are running v7.5 Hi It there any SQL Blocking (tables) occurring on the SQL server when the ...

file name in URL
I am using hyperlink function,wherein URL Address filename changes daily.how to insert changed file name through a function ...

How do I cancel a job out of the print queue?
Has anyone else experienced your printer spitting out "gobbledee-goop" after you've cancelled the print job? ...

Backup of PAB file
Hi I am backing up mu Outlook 2007 and have saved a copy of all PST files but cannot find any PAB files, but I do have a Personal Address Book. What am I missing? thanks Daniel Outlook hasn't used a pab since the year dot. The Personal Address Book you see in Outlook, is merely a filtered view of your Contacts, those that have an electronic contact address, eg email / fax etc Outlook data is contained within the pst file(s) "Daniel" <Noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:#d3v3Qt2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am bac...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Size of rules file on server?
Is it possible to find out how large my rules file on the Exchange server is? I understand there is a 32KB limit. ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Creating files for all versions
Depending upon the PC I am using at my church and home, I use different versions of Pub--Pub 97, 2000, and 2002. If I want to create a file that I can use with all these versions, how do I do that? For example, I see on Brian's website that there are templates/files that can be used on several versions, i.e., a resume file, family tree, etc. In what version were those files created and saved? -- "Decisions can take you out of God's will, but never out of His reach." Gladys, You would only be able to use Microsoft Publisher 97 to save the files in order for all ...

linking files with blanks
When I do a paste special to link a source file with some blanks in it to second file, the blanks show up as zeroes in the second file. How can I link these files and have the blanks transfer as blanks? ...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Open a .wdb file?
How do I open a Works .wdb file in Offcie 2010? The easiest way would be to get someone with Works installed on their system to save it as a .csv file. What have you tried so far? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pauldk" <Pauldk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82A2F712-302D-418B-97C2-E6C52E1D9B13@microsoft.com... > How do I open a Works .wdb file in Offcie 2010? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:15:22 -0700, Pauldk wrote: > How do I open a Works .wdb file in O...

Lost temporary file created due to "sharing violation"
Hello I was just working in MS Excel 2003. I opened the sheet to discuss over a telephone call and made a number of alterations during the conversation. When I went to save the sheet I was working on, a dialog box came up saying that the sheet could not be saved due to a sharing violation (I am the only user of this machine). I cancelled the dialog box and tried to save again - this time a slightly different dialog box popped up saying that the sheet could not be saved due to a sharing violation and it had been renamed with a six-digit numerical name - the details of which I cannot rem...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Money 2005 SB
I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I did do a search, and I couldn't find an answer. Thanks to Glyn Simpson, MVP, I am able to use my custom invoice again. However, when I go to print, Money *always* defaults to the "Product Portrait 1 (No Logo)" invoice. To get around this and use my custom invoice, I have to choose preview, then select my custom invoice. Money is supposed to remember which invoice I use! 2004 SB did! Any help? Also, about the split category fields being enabled via a registry change - does anyone know how to do that? > Also, about...

export eml files maintaining their folder estructure
Is there a way to export eml messages maintaining their folder estructure? I need to have the same folder estructure I have in OE but in windows with the .eml files inside. I can only think in mannualy creating folder structure in windows folders and drag each email inside, but perhaps is there a more efficient way to do so, since I have to deal with hundreds of folders and files that way. __________ Informaci´┐Żn de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi´┐Żn de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com ...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...