Why are my columns and rows reversed when I open Excel

When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are
reversed??  What's happened?
0
web1 (6)

Tools|options|International Tab
Uncheck that "view current sheet right-to-left"

--

Dave Peterson
0

Add rows to table
This is a template - I want to be able to add rows to a table (7 colums). Below is example of table: Each <> is a form field The Net1 is a formula of GAmt1 - (GAmt1 * Rate1) By clicking the macroButton field <insert row above> a new row would be added above and the form fields to be named 'Pol2' , 'Name2', etc. Net2 would be formula same as for Net1. Next added row would have 'Pol3', Name3', etc. The field after the text 'Total' be a formula of adding the Net Amounts (Net1 + Net2 + .....) for as many rows that are added. Also would...

Open a table for search
Using VBA I want to open a table. Then move to first record, then check the data in [name field] and compare it to the data the user has typed into a text box on a form. When it finds a match or the end of file - use a message to inform the user of results. The crude code below will give an idea of what I am trying to do. I have been away from Access and VBA four about seven years. Open table/recordset Move first Do until EOF Read [name field] If [name field] = Me.[text box] then Message “You’ve hit pay dirt” endsub EndIf Move Next Loop Message “Search failed...

Excel Headers
Hello All, Hope all is clicking good. Excel allows a user to create a header but the header is only displayed when printing and is also very limited in function. I am trying to create an Excel document that devoted the first seven rows to a header and then remaining thousands of rows to a list of data. I.e.: HEADER Name: blah Date: 03/03/03 Time: 12:24:03 Title: Excel problem Procedure 1) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3) ~~~~~~~~~~~ TABLE Symbol Name Description Price ----------- -------- --------------- -------- MSFT Microsoft A big giant $23.22 AAPL Ap...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Excel Sorting Problem #2
I am trying to sort out my league table in order of points (P) bu everytime i select my cells (H15:P25) and then go data|sort|by (P Descending he screen flickers but they dont sort in order of points They just stay where they where before. Can anyone help ??? i can also send you the workbook if you want ?? Mny Thanks Benn bc1987@ntlworld.co -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31879 Benn, ...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

How do I open excel docs in xp home edition, thanks
Hi I have transferred some old excel documents onto my new computer which runs on windows xp home edition but I am unable to open them, is there a way to do this, Thanks Do you have Excel installed on the new computer? Excel isn't part of Windows, so you would have had to purchase it with your new computer or purchase it separately. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rtdl16192306" <rtdl16192306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD08EEA4-139E-4BCA-820F-E1BA88C3C66C@microsoft.com... &g...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

opening an account
I am trying to set up my email account for: anyafaires@yahoo.co.uk on my new laptop, on windows mail, I keep getting the error message. What am I doing wrong? I am putting pop.mail.yahoo.com as the incoming server, and smtp.mail.yahoo.com as the outgoing one. many thanks anya "Anya Faires" <anyafaires@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eiFT1suuKHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am trying to set up my email account for: anyafaires@yahoo.co.uk on my >new laptop, on windows mail, I keep getting the error message. What am I >doing wrong? I am puttin...

Moving shapes around excel using vba
Hi guys can you help? I've written some code to move a shape around a square path using the row and column numbers to denote when the shape should change direction. However I've come a bit stuck! The little red circle moves around 3/4 of the square but then pops up with an error. Here's the code where the problem occurs: With activesheet.shapes("RedDot") For i = 1 to 16*d Select Case range("A1").value case "down" .top = .top - .topleftcell.offset(-i).height more stuff..... case "left" ...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Cutting excess rows
I have quite a complicated query: SELECT [Loans - Payment History].DateOfPayment, [Loans - Table].[In Default], [Loans - Table].AmountofLoan, [Loans - Table].[Client ID], [Loans - Table].DateofLoanAgreementSigned, [Tbl Client Information].[Last Name], [Tbl Client Information].[First Name], [Tbl Client Information].[Session Start Date 2], [Tbl Client Information].[Session Start Date], [Loans - Payment History].PaymentDue FROM ([Loans - Table] INNER JOIN [Loans - Payment History] ON [Loans - Table].ID = [Loans - Payment History].[LoanPayment ID]) INNER JOIN [Tbl Client Informatio...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

EXCEL files and Windows -
Hi I posted this on the Win 7 technet forum and was told to post it here. so, --- I’m using windows 7 64bit and Office 2007 Please can someone explain how I can open 2 Excel files in separate Windows? Currently when you open 2 files they both open in the same window but different tabs. I have searched around and found the following answers for XP and Vista “Open Windows Explorer Select "Tools" Select "Folder Options" Select the "File Types" Tab Scroll down to find and select the XLS extension Click the "Advanced" Butt...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Decimal Point Vertical Alignment in Excel 2003
I have a column where I am putting in numbers with two decimal places. On the toolbar I have aligned the column to fill in the numbers at 'Centre'. The problem is: If I put in a figure of say, 755.26 in a cell and in the cell underneath, I put in 30.23, the decimal points don't line up. If I align the figures to the right, everything is ok, but I want the figures to be in the centre of the column. The column just looks 'untidy' with the decimal points not lining up vertically as I progress down the column. Any ideas would be most appreciated, Thanks, Gatsby It eithe...

Opening shared notebook on SharePoint opens temp directory in brow
If I go to a SharePoint site and click on the link for a shared OneNote notebook we find that the temp directory gets displayed in OneNote (100s files!). This seems to only happen on our Windows 7 PCs (all are x64) and if we use Firefox or Chrome - IE works fine. Does anyone have a similar environment without the problem or know of a solution? Thanks ...

opening documents written in other versions
I have publisher 2000 and have been sent a document in some other version any ideas on how to open? S Hi Stephen, Most likely the send has Publisher 2002 or 2003. Have them save the file as a Publisher 2000 file. They just need to go to File > Save As > and change the file type to Publisher 2000 file format. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C254572-56BD-49DE-84AB-3A274D26...