Which Function do I use

I want excel to give me each scenerio of adding either some or all of a group
of numbers, whether they were positve or negative, that would yield a
particular value.  For example, the avaiable group has the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4
and 5 and I want to know what combination of those five numbers when added
together, either using all of the numbers or only part of them or even
switching some of their signs to negative, would give me the value of 3.  So,
the answer I want from excel is to say:  1+2=3 or 4-1=3 or 5-2=3 or 2+4-3=3
or 5+4-3-2-1=3, etc.  Anybody have any clue how to setup that system?  Many
thanks to you all in advance...you're all smart in my book.

Thanks!!

Copying Text to Clip Board Using a Macro
Hi, is it possible to store text e.g. a standard script which I constantly use within the code of a macro ? The macro would be assigned to a button and when the button is �clicked on� it would copy this text to the clip board which will then allow me to paste it into another application. Currently this text is stored in a cell and I reference this cell and copy to clip board this way, buy I want to get away from storing text this way. Any help would be grateful appreciates Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Using a formulae within scenarios
Hi, I've just used scenarios for the first time but am a little frustrated in that it only remembers specific values rather than the actual cell reference that I type into the "Enter values for each of the changing cells" boxes. Is there a way of doing this as I wanted to include a whole range of values in the scenario that would be replaced each time. For example consider a basic cashflow forecast where line 1 is balance brought forward lines 2-5 are various incomes lines 6-8 are various payments line 9 is balance carry forward (sum of all of the above) each column represe...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

how to catch values from a texts to use it as values
Hi. I want to create a formula system in my access program. So I using a little funcionality that I already have in my system that make calcs using a prompt command. So, I'm trying to load a text value that as the formula: (([Field1]*[field2]*[field3]*[field4])/[field5]) but this don't work because the form cannot use the text values, it uses text, imagine this: I havee in this fields: field1: 10 field2: 30 field3: 2 field4: 14 field5: 12 I want that my value is: 700 My problem is that the form cannot understand that it should not use the text but the inside numbers. I also...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector.
Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector instead of the full-blown exchange. Thanks On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:52:00 -0500, "john doe" <johndoe@johndoe.com> wrote: >Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector instead of >the full-blown exchange. > >Thanks > If the fax arrives as a message like an email, sure. Hi, In Outlook 2003, if a contact has a business fax, an entry will appear in the address book as email type FAX. Choosing this address and sending an email will be routed to our fax server. However, in OW...

Outlook 2002 Change Password function
I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but it does noet seem to work. Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 Important: Outlook client is not member of the domain... There are not many Microsoft Articles about this. Anyone? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden Netherlands Menko den Ouden schreef in deze nieuwsgroep op 23-6-2005 15:28: > I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but > it does noet seem to work. > > Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 > ...

DateDiff function throwing error in Where clause
I have a set of queries that generate dates and want to use DateDiff to select those records with certain dates are greater than others. The following clause keeps giving me an incompatible data type error: WHERE DateDiff('d',[From date],[DatumStvoreni])>0 I have the exact expression in the SELECT clause and it show positive and negative integers just fine, but when I add this test, I get the error. There are no bad values in the dataset, I've looked, and when I export the DateDiff column to a temp table and run a query on that, it works fine. Only when I use t...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...

non-functioning multiple Array formulas in a workbook
I have a workbook with used for forecasting. I use a template sheet for each forecast (all forecast sheets -54- are the same and contain sheet-level names). On each sheet I have a formula that counts the number of chargeable engagements (where the chargeable engagement is indicated by a "C" in the preceding column) and places the results in a cell with concatenated text. The 'chargeable designation' column is a named range. I can get the formula to work on only two of the worksheets. It can be any two sheets, but it will only work on two sheets maximum. I have tried a numbe...

C function prototype
Is that for Class/Object function prototype, I must define the function in header file or .cpp file. MyClass::functionA(); MyClass::functionB(); but for C function prototype, I don't have to define if it's put before the main() function the following is not needed - void stradd (char *s1, char *s2); void stradd (char *s1, int i); ========= #include <iostream> // cannot be iostream.h?? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <comdef.h> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> // must need for SYSTEMTIME //must need C/C++ > General...

Trying to use pass through sql....
I'm trying to use pass through SQL to look up a value in another database to make sure it exists. I use the SQL_Connect and get a connection just fine. But when I try to issue the SQL_Execute I get a Dexterity Runtime error and shuts down Great Plains and sends information to Microsoft. I would appreciate any information on this. Thanks Here is the code I'm running. local long SQL_connection, status ; local string SQL_string ; status = SQL_Connect(SQL_connection) ; if status = 0 then SQL_string = "use bookcode"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, SQL_s...

Can typing macros be used in Word?
I was wondering, can I install (or program) text-typing macros into Word 2007? The type of macros that I am looking for are the only commonly found in other text editors, such as Emacs on Unix. For example, if someone types the string "zfbi" into a document, I want Word to immediately convert this string to "Federal Bureau of Investstigation. Or, "zwww" should be replaced with "World Wide Web". BTW, I have a master file of text strings (or macros) that I want Word to recognize and replace with expanded strings. So, I'm just wondering wha...

dir helper functions
I just created the first draft of some PowerShell functions I've added to my profile.ps1 to let me leverage my cmd.exe "dir" command experience, yet use the PowerShell version of this functionality (outputing a stream of Directory and File objects). function dir/od { dir $args | sort LastWriteTime } function dir/o-d { dir $args | sort LastWriteTime -Descending} function dir/os { dir $args | ? { !$_.PSIsContainer } | sort Length } function dir/o-s { dir $args | ? { !$_.PSIsContainer } | sort Length -Descending} function dir/os/a-d { dir $args | ? ...

Data format in publisher merge function
I am trying to merge data from excel to Publisher and some columns of data come across with too many decimal position i.e number in excel 54.090 comes across as 54.09000000003. I have tried to format the columns as text but does not seem to work. DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to merge data from excel to Publisher and some columns of > data come across with too many decimal position i.e number in excel > 54.090 comes across as 54.09000000003. I have tried to format the > columns as text but does not seem to work. Export ...

insert password using vb
I have multi worksheets in a template with formulas. I can hide th formulas but if I add a password, my macros stop and ask for th password when the macro is in a protected worksheet. Is there a way o adding the password to a macro so that the macro will run smoothl without stopping and asking for a manual insertion of the password? Thanks Do -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Use Refresh/Requery
I have a subform that I use to update information - for example an end date - a summary of which transactions are accessed by clicking a control button opening another form and subform. I want the user to be able to click the control button and see the summary form with the information updated without first having to click out of the record. I have tried using refresh and requery in all sorts of locations but to no avail. The user has to click out of the record and then click on the control button to see the other form/subform displayed correctly. Any ideas, anyone? grahamswindon@talktalk...

Loan function
Can anyone give me a suggestion how to create loan form where user can loan a thing for example loan 5 pencil and then can return separately for example return 1 then return 4? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Hi Emily Before you design a form, you must first design your database (tables and relationships) And before you can design your database, you must thoroughly understand the system that you are modelling. Here are a few questions you need to answer: Are these "pencils" all the same, or ...