Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Not sure when the layout of the newsgroups changed but I can't seem to find the ability to sort by new message in a thread instead of sorting by just the original thread date.

That was hugely helpful as I could follow along and see what threads were still active.
0
MrB (78)

If you're gonna hang around in the newsgroups (any newsgroups), you may want to
start using a newsreader.

Microsoft Outlook Express can do it for you.

Saved from a previous post:

You may want to connect to the ms newsserver directly:

If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
paste into MSIE).

(and a few more for MSWord)

(You can always connect to more later)

Here are some links that explain it better:

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.htm

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Pls show me how to delete message in the google group ?
I can't find field delete the message in the google group. Pls show me. thank a lot ! ...

Font Error Message
Trying to determine what triggered this error message and why. Anybody know?? "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" Hi Glen & Tracy, Try perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q215573 --- Regards, Norman "Glenn and Tracy Brown" <gbrown198@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23Tnt6aV7FHA.1420@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Trying to determine what triggered this error message and why. Anybody > know?? > > "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" > > ...

New to this forum
How is everyone?, I'm John and wanted to introduce myself to this place. I've been a non-posting lurker but haven't added anything yet and am going to start posting occasionally. By any chance, does anyone here have HID bulbs? Im wanting to buy a kit for my bike and any suggestions would be gladly accepted! -- Itablyblext You might have noticed that this is a Microsoft XP newsgroup.. and the last time I looked MS did not make HID bulbs nor Bikes.. peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. ...

Creating a new account
When I create a new mailbox in Exchange 2003 (after creating a new account in active directory), I end up having to assign all sorts of permissions to the new account so that the user can send email. Is there any way that this can be automatically done during mailbox setup? Some of the permissions that I have to set are to the Exchange Service Account, Exchange Domain Servers, Enterprise Admins, etc etc. This is so not normal. :) Have you run ExBPA against the environment? Sounds like your permissions need a tune-up. Missy "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How to prevent ole container hwnd receive certain messages? #2
I used CSubclassWnd of Paul DiLascia to subclass(in fact use SetWindowLong to replace WindowProc) hwnd returned from IOleWindow::GetWindow. In the WindowProc I prevent it by LRESULT CShellEmbedding::WindowProc(UINT msg, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp) { if (msg == WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING) return 0; return CSubclassWnd::WindowProc(msg, wp, lp); // Important!! } but spy++ still tell me that hwnd of ole get the send WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message and return. So Is it right way to eat message in win32 or ole container hwnd does special things? "Su Wei" <suwei@sina_com> wrote in message new...

Office 2003 collapse without any message
Before I turn mad, does anyone know what do do with a situation like this? I have one user, xp sp3, office 2003, with only local profil (important!) and a terminalserver-profile. Suddently she experianced that when she started typing in word, office just disappeared. Gone - word, Outlook - no message, nothing left. Just closed. I have noticed though, that if she uses word when Outlook has not been started, it works fine, so that's my work-around. But we can not go on like this. I started reading and tested all possible solutions I could find. Nothing worked. I have d...

Cannot Delete Unsent Message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CB46A2.32B85AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I tried to send a message in Windows Mail with too large a file = attachment. The message cannot be sent because the attachment is too = large. Every time I close Windows Mail I get the message: "You have = unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now?" If I = answer "Yes," I get the same error message. The message is no longer in = my Outbox so I can't...

Row names will not move with sort

Message Display
When a client sends an Email containing graphics the only show as a box and "show picture' doesn't work. Is there a workaround? Any images in CRM emails need to reside on a publicly accessible website. When composing the email, the user will need to browse to the image and right-click and copy the image, then paste it into the email. Same goes for email templates in CRM. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "dws5700" wrote: > When a client sends an Email containing graphics the only show as a box and > "show picture' doesn't work. ...

sorts not sorting

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its
My issue is that if the source data formatting is changed, the change in the formatting isn't reflected in the referebce link on the destination worksheet. For example: I have a link in cell A1 in Tab1 pointing to A1 in Tab2 which starts by being a dollar amount ($1,000). If I change A1 in Tab 2 to a percent and change it's formatting to (.50%), the link in Tab 1 stays formatted as a dollar amount ($0.50). How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its source? I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you, -- Suzanne Marie Formulas can't cha...

Can't move message to another folder
Using Outlook 2002 and cannot send/receive email nor can I move a message from inbox to another folder. No error, no explanation. Worked fine yesterday. Windows XP PRO with Office XP SBE. Anybody have this happen to them before? TIA! You should at least get some sort of message when you send yourself an e-mail and do a manual Send/Receive (either you get an error message or your own message) For the moving; how do you move them? Clear your Deleted Items folder and run scanpst.exe against your pst-file (when Outlook is closed) and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Micro...

New 401k account?
I just switched jobs, and have yet to decide what to do with my old 401k .. Is there an advantage to creating a new, separate 401k in Money for my new employer? At first I was just planning on using the same account I have now, but if there are any pitfalls to this approach, I'd like to know now rather than later. In microsoft.public.money, Tommy Becker wrote: >I just switched jobs, and have yet to decide what to do with my old 401k >. Is there an advantage to creating a new, separate 401k in Money for >my new employer? At first I was just planning on using the same ac...

New ISP problem...
I just changed from a free school dialup service to AOL. Now I suddenly can't send outgoing emails through Outlook. It isn't an AOL email account, either. It's a school one. any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Thanks. ...

Cannot remove Intelligent Message Filter Ver 1 to install EX2K3-Sp2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5E563.9D2EF330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I got the flag that I = needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before preceeding, no = problem says I. However, on inspection there is no uninstall. On = running setup from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes to = uninstall it from there, I get an unexpected error - code 2755, which = probably means that it found that it was alread...

Error message 02-21-10
I am receiving the following error message in the send/receive window 0x8007000E 'Out of memory or system resources'. It has caused me to lose my inbox and sent records and no address library. Please help. John wrote: > I am receiving the following error message in the send/receive window > > 0x8007000E 'Out of memory or system resources'. > > It has caused me to lose my inbox and sent records and no address library. > > Please help. We are to guess as to WHICH version of Windows that you use? We are to guess as to WHICH version o...

New CRM Installation
Can i have all servers in one, i mean windows server 2003,exchange server 2003, sql server and CRM, all of them together? yes! just the crm outlook client has to be on a different machine >-----Original Message----- >Can i have all servers in one, i mean windows server >2003,exchange server 2003, sql server and CRM, all of them >together? >. > While it will work, please realize that the only supported manner of doing this is to use SBS. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 27 Sep 20...

How do I Install Office:mac 2004 Upgrade on new iMac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office:mac Upgrade Professional Edition installed on my G3 running OS 10.4.11 and am trying to install the program on my new iMac with Intel Duo processors. I am unable to transfer the application over from the G3 because I don't have enough access privileges. (The system (both macs) ran for 13 hours supposedly transferring files, after which it managed to transfer 1 application. All files that were transferred deny me access privileges.) They're my machines - I am the only user of both machines. I have Wo...

import- number- sort?

sorting macro #3

Reply Message Has Paperclip But I Sent No Attachment
Today I sent an e-mail to Couric and Co. I received a response very quickly, which surpised me as I had e-mailed beffore and never heard. So I responded back and thanked them for prompt response and commented aboutt alack of response earlier. Responder said that my e-mails come in with a paperclip and they normally delete those automatically, but he was bored today. Can't blame them for that. I sorted my inbox (Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server) by clicking on the paperclip. I found his reply and one other e-mail showing a paperclip. No attachments though on either. Is this something w...

New Line in Cell
Appol's in advance if this is really obvious. I have been given a spreadsheet and its looks as though somehow the person has been able to do carriage returns that create a new line in the same cell. For me it simply jumps to the next cell. Anyone know how to do the new line in cell please? Ta. Bill. Hold down the Alt key and press Enter at the same time. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 30, 9:05=A0am, "Bill" <b...@bill.com> wrote: > Appol's in advance if this is really obvious. > > I have been given a spreadsheet and its looks as though somehow the perso...