Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?

I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the
left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to
select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now?

It's to be found in -

Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes  - select a shape and insert into w/s
and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Bruce" wrote:

> I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the
> left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to
> select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now?
-2
Hi,

Home tab > Editing > Find & Select > Select Objects.

Cheers
Andy

On 26/03/2010 04:03, Bruce wrote:
> I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the
> left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to
> select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

3
Andy

Excel Cell Data Limit
I am creating an ASP.NET page to dump data to an excel file. This works fine, but when I open the excel file I get an error that says 'the cell data is too large'. I heard from somebody that excel cells can hold up to 32,000 character, but can only display 1,024 characters in the formula bar. What restrictions does this impose on the data that cannot be displayed? If I do a keyword search, is that data still going to get searched? Thanks in advance, Ryan hil from excel help. Type specifications. 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula...

How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?
How do I copy and save to a floppy to transfer to my new computer? Kind of loaded question. I hope you know how to copy a file from your system to a diskette. Suggest you copy your files with Excel down. Diskettes don't really hold much data 1.44 MB. If you have high speed access you might mail them to yourself, possibly zip an entire directory and mail that to yourself. Once on your new machine you could create a backup to a CD of everything you transferred. . Take a look at Backup your files, always take backups http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm --- HTH, David...

Dropdown choice eliminated from selections
I have a simple scenario... We have a list of 20 items and I'd like people to identify the top 10 to them. I created a dropdown but was wondering if I can make it so that when they used one of the rankings if it can be removed from the choices. Erinayn wrote: >I have a simple scenario... > >We have a list of 20 items and I'd like people to identify the top 10 to >them. I created a dropdown but was wondering if I can make it so that when >they used one of the rankings if it can be removed from the choices. Say you have two tables tblItems(ItemName) ...

Create an Excel filter via form combo box
Thank you for all the awesome support of these discussion groups. Love this newsgroup! I use Excell 2003 and am trying to create a custom filter via a Combo Box criteria. This should be very easy for you experts. ComboBox is called "ComboBox30". Column C needs to be filtered for "contains" and then lookup value in this box. 2nd nice to have functionality would be for the combo box to lookup results based on the letters typed into the box by the end user. Thanks in advance for the feedback. Hi Carrie; Why not just use the Data> Filter> A...

Disappearing graphics
I'm running MS Publisher 97 under WinXP Home. Recently I discovered that inserted graphics (.WMF) had simply disappeared from one of the pages. No frame, no placekeeper, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps repeating. Vel See if this solves it, view, picture display, detailed display. If this isn't the answer maybe you are due for an updated video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Vel Turner" <twoturners@tiagris.com> wrote in message news:eRBsQ$4fDHA.1752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm r...

cannot open excel documents via my computer
Can open doc's via excel icon, but not via windows explorer. Re-installed excel (office 2k) PJC Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run ...

Graphic template Excel 1997
Hi, I have some template of Graphic in an Excel file. I have a workbook with the graphic, one with the data and one with some constant (Contain the information about the legend and stuff like this) . When I modify the data of the constant, the layout of the graphic change. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, ...

VBS writing to excel file
Im using a vbs script to write data to a excell file but keep getting the fillowing error.Unknown error Code 800A03EC. I know the script will work as it has workeb before when small amounts of data are added to a xls file. Are their any limitations to how much data can be added to a cell? Thanks carmen The error is in this section of code. Do While status = 1 row = row+1 for column = 2 to numcolumns excelcolumn=column - 1 ExcelSheet.Application.Cells(row, excelcolumn).Value = oResultSet.GetColumnValue(column) --This line has the error next status = oResultSet.MoveNext numr...

Graphics
I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies because of it. I would think it has to do with graphics but I don't know. I have Intel Graphics Mobile Chipset and according to their website the driver is updated. Any suggestions on what might be the cause? I tried restoring to an earlier date but no restoral point prior to the problem exists. On 5/19/2010 11:41 AM, Connie wrote: > I have a Toshiba laptop and the screen is constantly fluttering.The > desktop icons flutter. I can't watch movies be...

Taskbar button selection state
Hi I have a SDI application, but the frame window/view are invisible, and are only used to create a system tra icon. From the tray menu, I invoke a dialog which serves as the 'Application Window' - I have this propert set in its dialog property. Hence the dialog minimizes to the taskbar. The problem is that when the focus shifts to the dialog, or on clicking on it, the corresponding taskbar butto does not appear selected, as it does for any other application. Is there any way to ensure the taskbar butto apears selected TIA Sucharit ...

patternfill addin Excel 2007
I have used the Patternfill addin from Andy Pope successfully on my homePC with only one user (btw thanks Andy !). When I installed this addin on a multiuser PC, the addin is installed but doesn't work ! It's installed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Library. why is that ? Hi, Can you elaborate on 'doesn't work'. If you mean the addin displays but does not appear to apply the selected pattern then check the website for the latest version. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Roland" <Roland@discussi...

Excel 2003
Good day, I am using Excel 2003 and would like to sort the sheets. Is anyone aware of a way to do this? Thanks in advance. -- Bill Wilson wilson_b_a@hotmail.com Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Wilson" <wilson_b_a@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eCVlXie7EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Good day, > I am using Excel 2003 and would like to sort the sheets. > Is anyone aware of a way to do this? > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Bill Wilson > wilson_b_a@hotmail.com > Bi...

Get message body fields from Outlook into Excel
Hello, I have many messages in my Outlook email inbox. Each message has exactly the same format. Field1=Field1result <nl> Field2=Field2result <NL> ...... Field40=Field40 <NL> I have no experience in VBA and would appreciate a program that would populate an excel spreadsheet with these 40 fields based on the contents of my inbox. Thanks, Mike Jacobs ...

combo box to select record in a query
I'm creating an inventory database in Access 2000, and have my table and forms already setup. I have created a form with the source being "Department", with a sub form to show all the equipment list against that department. I want to create a drop down list, which shows all the departments, then moves to the department chosen. I have done this on my other forms successfully, where the form has been based on a table, and the ID field (Primary key) has been used in the combo box to search for the record. ID column is hidden in the combo box The source of the combo box is th...

exchange 2007 cannot prevent from unwanted googlegroups mails
Hi, I want to block some unwanted googlegroups mails but cannot. For example; I'm subscriber of cccddd@googlegroups.com with my email address myaddress@local.com and receive emails like this: ----part of mail header from example googlegroups mail---- From: aaa bb <aaabb@remote.com> To: <cccddd@googlegroups.com> Sender: cccddd@googlegroups.com -------------------------------------------------- I must prevent "Sender: cccddd@googlegroups.com" but not "aaabb@remote.com". How can I block emails come from unwanted googlegroups in Exchange 2007? ...

How to select a workbook?
I open two workbooks at the same time, and would like to setup a macro to select workbook "mybook.xls", and bring it into the upfront. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in execl? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Workbooks("mybook.xls").Activate -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC826E5F-2C11-4583-9280-9574E2BBC9C4@microsoft.com... >I open two workbooks at the same time, and would like to setup a macro to > select workbook "mybook.xls...

select statement results msgbox
I would like to do a select count statement and display the results in a msgbox. Is that possible? ex SQL = " Select count(StoreNum) " & _ "FROM GBPEXCFMASTERFLIFLC INNER JOIN TRANSFER_MEMBER " & _ "ON GBPEXCFMASTERFLIFLC.StoreNum = TRANSFER_MEMBER.CMCUNO " & _ "WHERE (((GBPEXCFMASTERFLIFLC.StoreNum)<>'0266' " & _ "And (GBPEXCFMASTERFLIFLC.StoreNum)<>'0673' " & _ "And (GBPEXCFMASTERFLIFLC.StoreNum)<>'0306' " & _ ...

difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap().
hi friends, i want to the difference between Graphics::DrawImage() and Graphics::DrawCachedBitmap(). i mean how the performance in DrawCachedBitmap() is improved? DrawCachedBitmap should be analaogous to drawing with DDB in GDI. and DrawImage should be analogous to drawing in DIB in GDI. DDB is in the device format but DIB is in the device independent format. So there would involve the device translation everytime you draw with DIB. You an speeden that by caching in the device format and using the cached bitmap to draw in future. -- Vipin Aravind "priya" <priyanka.khedekar@g...

CustomProperty truncated in Excel 2003
Hi, We have some new software that generates an Excel file with several Custom Properties set. Those, in turn, are linked to certain cells. Excel 2003 is cutting off the linked text after about 125 characters. No other version of Excel seems to do this. We've also tested it on 2000, 2002, and 2007, which all work as expected. All of the available updates for 2003 have been installed. Does anybody know of a solution? I was able to find a few other references to the issue by searching the web and newsgroups, but I couldn't find a fix. This seems like a pretty severe problem...I can'...

Can you get box plots on excel?
Can you get box plots (box and wisker diagrams) on microsoft excel? Jon Peltier has instructions for creating Box and Whisker plots: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker yankovic-kid wrote: > Can you get box plots (box and wisker diagrams) on microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

New to Excel/VB and could use any help
Thanks in advance to any and all help!! My problem starts like this, I have data in Sheet2 that looks like: A B --------------------- Blue 5 Orange 12 Red 6 Blue 15 Blue 22 Red 5 What I need is a formula that can look at this and sort the top two colors of column A based on the highest total sum of the numbers associated with those numbers in column B, and then give me the total number of the sum. So the output would need to look something like this on sheet 1 for example: A B ...

Select Worksheet Without Using Mouse
Is there any sequence of keys one can use to select the next (or previous) worksheet in a workbook without using the mouse (ie - Ctrl + ? or Ctrl - Shift + ?, Alt + ?)? Can do it via VB, but don't want to recreate the wheel if I don't have to. Mike, Use Ctrl+Page Down and Ctrl+Page Up. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2f01c3e033$d9d6e900$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any sequence of keys one can use to select the > ne...

Money 2007
Okay, it's dumb of me to be bothered by this, but I'd really like to find the answer to this. I remember that, at some point while I was setting up Money 2007 I had a choice as to which day I wanted to be the first day of the week on the application's calendar. I selected Monday, thinking it would display the week the way Outlook 2003 does. Well, it doesn't. I'd like to set Sunday to the first day of the week, but I'm danged if I can find out how to change the setting again. Does anyone know? Thanks On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:55:02 -0800, jimmuh <jimmuh@discussi...

Single click selects multiple cells

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...