when word is typed in cell, how can the row auto displays data?

I have created a column of drop down cells in "A."  When a value for "A" is
chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the associated
data.  How can I accomplish this?
0
KT (80)

Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on Sheet2,
use

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False)

and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a column of drop down cells in "A."  When a value for "A"
is
> chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the
associated
> data.  How can I accomplish this?

0
phillips1 (803)
6/22/2005 4:41:32 PM
I am afraid you are talking over my head.  Let me be more exact.

Sheet 1 is where I am entering data,  Column A consists of a list of foods.
Columns B through I give their various food values.

On Sheet 2, when I am choosing a food from the dropdown list in column A, I
would like the values for columns B through I to automatically enter into the
appropriate cells.

How do I make this happen? (In layman's terms)
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on Sheet2,
> use
>
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False)
>
> and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc.
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have created a column of drop down cells in "A."  When a value for "A"
> is
> > chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the
> associated
> > data.  How can I accomplish this?

0
KT (80)
6/22/2005 7:00:08 PM
As I said, with adjusted reference points,  in B2 enter

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$I$100,COLUMN(),False)

and copy across to column I

--

> I am afraid you are talking over my head.  Let me be more exact.
>
> Sheet 1 is where I am entering data,  Column A consists of a list of
foods.
> Columns B through I give their various food values.
>
> On Sheet 2, when I am choosing a food from the dropdown list in column A,
> would like the values for columns B through I to automatically enter into
the
> appropriate cells.
>
> How do I make this happen? (In layman's terms)
> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on
Sheet2,
> > use
> >
> > =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False)
> >
> > and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc.
> >
> > --
> >  HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >
> > "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have created a column of drop down cells in "A."  When a value for
"A"
> > is
> > > chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the
> > associated
> > > data.  How can I accomplish this?

0
phillips1 (803)

Repeating data on matching cells
When the data column C matches the data in column A, I need the data in columns C and D to be repeated for all matching rows. For example: This is my data: a b c d 009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712 009701452-4 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701455-7 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701460-1 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701465-6 058617 009701449-2 071712 009701467-8 059602 009701452-4 008710 009701468-9 059602 009701452-4 008710 009701455-7 008710 009701455-7 008710 009701460-1 008110 009701465-6 058617 0097...

Printing WORD docs from a form

where is that save data feature for backup?
Hi All, On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for my life I can not remember where it was. :'[ Many thanks, -T ToddAndMargo (ToddAndMargo@invalid.com) writes: > On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data > to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this > on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for > my life I can not remember where it ...

Delete all rows except...
I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column A cells: AWH98228 and AWL99467 Can anyone offer help? Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveRows() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Calculation = xlCalculationManual End With LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1 If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _ And Range("A" & r).Value <> &quo...

Copy and paste to the last row
Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. and Paste the row down. Example, my last row of A is A120, copy cell A120:C120. then Past to A121 Thanks so much hi if i understand correctly, this should work for you.... Sub movedownone() Dim r As Range Set r = Range("A65000").End(xlUp) r.Resize(1, 3).Copy Destination:= _ r.Offset(1, 0) End Sub regards FSt1 "tran1728" wrote: > Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. > I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. > and Paste the row down. > > Exam...

hiding cells with a certian type of formatting
How do I get excel to hide cells that has not been formatted in a row or colum that I applied a format condition to.? just for clarification...do you want the entire cell row or column to b hidden, or do you want the text color of the contents of just that cel to be changed to WHITE or whatever color would hide it given its fil color -- Excel_Gee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39828 ...

Can't apply a background
I'm using the Microsoft Step by step Visio book and I'm on page 96 trying to apply a background to a practice file from the CD supplied with the book. I'm using a trial copy of Visio 2007. I can't apply a background. Is this a known bug or an undocumented feature? Many thanks, //Roger. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074F084D-2BE2-44D2-BFC9-0575D492F842@microsoft.com... > I'm using the Microsoft Step by step Visio book and I'm on page 96 trying > to > apply a background to a practice file from the CD sup...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Macro to split the contents in a single cell separated by "," into next cell in that column
Hi, I have sheet 1: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1,60625NS1,60625GW1,60625BB1 Expected Output on clicking a button: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1 Row3 60625NS1 Row4 60625GW1 Row5 60625BB1 Is there a way to split the contents in cell C2 separated by comma (,) and place it on next cell in column C itself? Ple...

Encoded Word Documents

Where can I get a copy of the Microsoft calendar control?
In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel 2003. Is there some type of calendar control for Excel 2003? Thank you. Shelley I think there's a link to a free calendar control at the bottom of Ron de Bruin's page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm shelley wrote: > > In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control > do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel > 2003. Is there some ty...

Filling in Cell above with Data from below
Have data where I need to fill in A1 with A2 Data, A3 with A4 and so on: Col A 123 XXX 345 YYY Need it to end up like: XXX XXX YYY YYY How can I do this? visit www.ExcelGoodies.com If A1 and A3 are blank: Select A1:A4. Press Ctrl+G. Click special, blank. Start typing a formula: = Then press the down arrow key. This should finish the formula and create: =A2 Press Ctrl+Enter to apply formula to all currently selected cells. If needed, you could then do a copy, paste special - values only. ======= If A1 and A3 are not blank, but you want every other line copie...

message disappears too fast; how can I see it?
Outlook 2002, SP3. I've noticed when I exit the program, as it is closing, it puts up a rectangular message box (after the main window has closed), then closes it immediately. It takes just a fraction of a second, just long enough for me to see there's something there, but not long enough to see what! If you have any idea what this could be, or how I could slow it down so I could see it, let me know. The program seems to operate correctly in every other respect, I just don't know what that blazing fast message box is trying to say. thx, Randy Randy Nevin wrote: > Out...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

auto rcvd email retrieval
Hi, 3 mos. new to this world, after a ten-year hiatus, this AM, for, starters, I'm adding a disconnected table to a burgeoning contractor's .mdb. tblMyControlNumbers shall be keyed with a string I can find in the Author property of some .docs and maybe .xls's and it looks like this: "Jim Shores_1040000, Jim Shores_1040001, _1040003, and so forth and so on. Well, yesterday, there was a online order-form field at some mail-order house that called for a .Purchase Order Number'. Which means I have recieved a email with "Jim Shores_1040029" in its body. How ...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

maximum rows limitation in an access 97 table
we have an access97 db which has 32405 rows, is there such a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 and if there is, can this be rosolved by upgrading to Access 2000 or higher. > is there such > a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 No, the limit is that the database cannot be larger than 1GB. Check out other specifications in Access Help, using "specifications" as a search criterin in the Search Wizard. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b501c3aadf$4d6d6630$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7