when i have mutiple excell files open, how do you display the ind.

in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the files
showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows excell, is
there a setting to change and get it to display like excell 97 did

Hi
'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

krsbirdman1975 wrote:
> in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the
> files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows
> excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like
> excell 97 did
0
frank.kabel (11126)

xls file format is not valid
Have an XP PC trying to open an Excel 97 file that is stored on a Windows 2000 server named survey.xls and getting an error that the .xls:file format is not valid. We are using the same program that created it. How do we open it. Thanks for your help!!!! Try to copy your file and rename it making sure that the extension is .xls An extra period or space could make all the difference. Otherwise, you file could have been corrupted. Not a happy thought Let me know if this helped you Jack I'd try to open a copy of the file from a local harddisk, too. But sometimes excel workbooks g...

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

outlook 2000 help file

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...