what to download to open excel spreadsheet file?

I currently have windows xp.  It has wordperfect II on it.  I downloaded a
folder off the net and cannot open it.  Windows doesn't know who created it.
Ran a search.  Here is the info for the file I'm trying to open:
File type: excel spreadsheet file
File extension:xls
Sorry if this is a lame question but I'm new to computers and don't know a
whole lot.  Anyways, with search relults I was directed to this site and told
that I would find what I needed to open this file.  via download, ect....
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

You can get a viewer for excel files here   http://redirx.com/?ghsd

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"computerdumby" <computerdumby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have windows xp.  It has wordperfect II on it.  I downloaded a
> folder off the net and cannot open it.  Windows doesn't know who created
> it.
> Ran a search.  Here is the info for the file I'm trying to open:
> File type: excel spreadsheet file
> File extension:xls
> Sorry if this is a lame question but I'm new to computers and don't know a
> whole lot.  Anyways, with search relults I was directed to this site and
> told
> that I would find what I needed to open this file.  via download, ect....
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi
if you need Excel you have to buy it :-)
As alternative:
Excel Viewer:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-
4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en

and there's also a trial Excel version available:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"computerdumby" <computerdumby@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:2FD9D69A-57BD-4D3D-99D9-E469E33EEE44@microsoft.com...
> I currently have windows xp.  It has wordperfect II on it.  I
downloaded a
> folder off the net and cannot open it.  Windows doesn't know who
created it.
> Ran a search.  Here is the info for the file I'm trying to open:
> File type: excel spreadsheet file
> File extension:xls
> Sorry if this is a lame question but I'm new to computers and don't
know a
> whole lot.  Anyways, with search relults I was directed to this site
and told
> that I would find what I needed to open this file.  via download,
ect....
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/24/2004 7:28:42 PM
If your computer has WordPerfect installed, it may also have Quattro
Pro, which is the WordPerfect Office spreadsheet program.

Open Quattro Pro, and you may be able to open the Excel file from there.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel and Auto Save
When Excel is set up to Auto Save every ten minutes, does it only save if there is an error and the computer shuts down or should all of this information be saved. Example...we have a spreadsheet that is on our network. It is set up to autosave every 10 minutes. A particular user closed the May sheet that she was working on and when she went back in to it she lost everything that she had put in since 7 a.m. this morning. When she closed it, it did not ask her to save. She called our IS people and they said that Auto Save only works if the computer closes without being shut down properly....

Pulling data into Excel "Too few Parameters"
When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few Parameters. Expected 1." How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? Thanks! On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:30:10 -0700, tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote: >When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source >function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few >Parameters. Expected 1." > >How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? > > >Thanks! Sounds like you're pulling the data from Access...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

opening up an english excel sheet onto a french verions
I am trying to open up an excel workbook which was created on an english version of excel onto the french version. for some reason al the "EDATE" functions don't work unless I retype them in small caps. Does anyone have a clue why that happens and how to do a general update rather than having to retype all these functions? thanks. p ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

IE 8 Won't open New Window or New Tabs in Server 2008 R2
The Situation: IE 8 won't open links in a new window or a new tab either through javascript or manually using the context menus. Page > New Window still works. Clicking the new tab interface button still works. A new process is opened for the new tab but it fails at 'connecting...' This is on a domain connected development workstation running Server 2008 R2 64-Bit. Accelerators turned off, ScreenFilter turned on. VB.NET 2010 Beta installed. Recent work on a project that involves the WebBrowser control. Java is 6.17. Forefront Client Security is installed. All upd...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

Cannot export Access 2007 reports to Excel 2007
I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to get rid of this feature in Access 2007. In Access 2002 and Access 2003, I created so many reports (Crosstab in particular with many many calculated fields that I could not do in the query) and have a macro export to excel with all the calculated fields and a parameter to pick the beginning date and the ending date from the reports that is THEN linked to another Excel spreadsheet that creates charts with automatic updates. Several of those spreadsheets have arrays that create charts when the data changes each month to more or less ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Can't shrink 2 gig pst file
I've been trying to archive my main pst file but cannot get it to go any smaller. I've checked all the folders and there is no reason it should be 2.4 gig in size. I have no idea where the space is being used up. Can I make sure I'm archiving my default pst file correctly? Do I just archive the "personal folders"? I assume I do as that's the huge one. I've archived it to the first of this month and yet its huge. Any help would be appreciated! Nancy Do you have archive properly configured? How large is the archive pst? Did you compact the pst aft...

Can i replay logs with eseutil multiple times on the same EDB file?
hi all, I was wondering if anyone was ever able to replay logs through eseutil multiple times on the same database. I tried issueing the command "eseutil /r E00 /D" once on the original set of logs and it succeeded. When I added some more logs to the same folder and issued the same command, it appears that no new logs are replayed to the database. However, if I only call ESEUTIL once on the comprehensive set of logs (the original set of logs plus the additional ones), then it works fine and all the logs are incorporated. It seems that ESEUTIL will only allow you to replay logs to ...

how do i add a precentage in excel
I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should use please "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975A9937-2F99-491B-BAC6-60EECD0FF513@microsoft.com... > I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should > use please B1=A1*1.3 ...

How can I open Posted and Open transactions in one single SmartLis
I want to replace the Sales Transaction SmartList with my own because when we use Extender fields, the Sales Transaction SL becomes way TOO slow. I am able to create faster SmartLists through SQL Views, however, I can only have one type of document status opened in one single SmartList: Open (Sales Transaction Entry window) or Posted (Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom). The Sales Transactions SmartList allows to open both types from the same list. My users liked the faster SmartLists, but they didnt like that they need to lookup in 2 SmartLists when they don't know if something is open...

Excel and C/C++
Hi all, For an Excel front-end GUI user interface, what's the best way to interface it with a back-end computational engine using C/C++? I guess there are numerous ways that can handle this -- I am looking for a method that is not too complicated(I am not very experienced in Excel/VBA programming), and most efficient ... Thanks a lot There are a variety of techniques you could use, depending on specifically what you want to accomplish and what version(s) of Excel you need to support. XLL This will work in any version of Excel, but you are limited to writing functions that ret...

recall last opened formview
Visual C++ ver 6 w/ SP6 WinXP SP1 I have a MDI app with five different formviews. I would like to recall the last opened formviews when the user runs the application. ie. User closes the app with formviews 1,3 and 5 open... Later on the user starts up the the app and formviews 1, 3 and 5 open automatically. Since these are CMultiDocTemplate and not CDocument I haven't been able to translate code I've found on the Internet for CDocument example MDI for my MDI formview application. Thanks, jon What does formview 1,3 and 5 mean? If these relate to an instance of a view of a spe...

Preventing users from opening onther users mailbox in outlook 2003
Hello I have just noticed that users in the office, can open other users mailboxes in outlook 2003. How do i not allow that? The only way i have figured it out , is to go into active directory, and go into a users acct under Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, and add individual users then deny them acces to that users mailbox. There has to be an easier way. And why would they be able to open them in the first place? Thanks in advance On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800, Exchange 2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have just noticed that users ...

Unhide a File
Recently I mispalced my flash drive. Today I got a new one and started to copy the files to the new flash drive from where I had backed them up on my hard drive. Instead of moving the one folder with all the files in it, I opened the file and did Edit - Select All. A message came up saying something about there were 2 hidden files that wouldn't transfer. Then I did a Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders - Apply and viewed the files that were hidden. They were Word docus that I had created and stored on the flash drive. I do not remember hiding these f...

Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good
Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you were currently typing in the index box. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Open with "Categories" Collapsed
I am using Outlook 2003. I would like to open my Contacts in "Category" view but do not want to have the categories expanded. How can I fix it so Outlook opens with the Categories collapsed? Matt Go to View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View, click the Group By button, and at the bottom right of the dialog there will be a dropdown box where you can choose your expand/collapse defaults. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In ...

Closing/Opening Outlook 2007 PST File Loses Indexing
Using XP SP3 / WS 4.0 / O2007. I have several PSTs open in Outlook 2007 that are fully indexed by Windows Search 4.0. If I close them, and then later in another session reopen them, all indexing seemed to be lost and I can no longer search them until the index is built. Is this expected behavior? Is there any fix or workaround? Are they being closed cleanly or is Outlook repairing them on open? I've found that PST repairs typically caused reindexing "ajkessel" <ajkessel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0d19da75-1277-4c42-99af-0314f3532bbb@b31g2000prb.googlegroups.com.....

how to clear the recently used files and still keep settings to k.
would like to clear the history of recently used files but keep the settings to post last 4 recently used. Office 2003. One way tools>options>general, uncheck it and press OK, repeat and acheck it again Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Coco" wrote: > would like to clear the history of recently used files but keep the settings > to post last 4 recently used. Office 2003. Jeez,, Peo that was too easey.. Thank you so much :-) "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > One way > > tools>options>general, uncheck it and press OK, repeat and acheck it again > >...