What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?

=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105")

A105=20000
There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the
formula returns 0.

thanks
0
Dave

Try the following:

=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105)

--
HTH,
Laura Cook

"Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message
> =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105")
>
> A105=20000
> There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the
> formula returns 0.
>
> thanks

0
lwilde (28)
10/9/2003 1:36:06 AM
As a followup question, how would you write a COUNTIF formula to
retrun the number of cells with the font color RED?
0
Dave
10/9/2003 1:36:18 AM
Chip Pearson has some VBA code on his website that you might find useful:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--

> As a followup question, how would you write a COUNTIF formula to
> retrun the number of cells with the font color RED?

0
lwilde (28)
10/9/2003 1:50:01 AM
Laura,
Thanks, but that doesnt work either.

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:36:06 -0500, "Laura Cook" <lwilde@new.rr.com>
wrote:

>Try the following:
>
>=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105)

0
Dave
10/9/2003 1:52:00 AM
Laura,
My bad, It does work after all. I had forgotten to change the range
when I copied and pasted. Thank you VERY much.

wrote:

>Try the following:
>
>=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105)

0
Dave
10/9/2003 1:55:29 AM
You're VERY welcome.

--

> Laura,
> My bad, It does work after all. I had forgotten to change the range
> when I copied and pasted. Thank you VERY much.
>
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:36:06 -0500, "Laura Cook" <lwilde@new.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Try the following:
> >
> >=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105)

0
lwilde (28)

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Another COUNTIF question #2
I would like to count the cells that contain a number that occurs between two other numbers. For example, cells that would be counted in both of these situations: =COUNTIF(L2:L144,"<6") and =COUNTIF(L2:L144,">2"). What formula could I use? Thanks how about =sumproduct((L2:L144>2)*(L2:L144<6)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "David Shore" <dshore@s3a.com> wrote in message news:04161AD6-40C1-4784-BEF0-D3982E01F892@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the cells that contain a number that occurs between two other numbers...

Challenging Formula Issue
I have been having serious trouble trying to sort this out. It is a little complicated and I will score major points with my supervisor if I can sort this out so here goes... I have four sheets of data that represent various international billing disputes. They all contain the date that the dispute was filed in column B and the issue type, which is one of 14 options, in column D. I would like to summarize the data in a table on a fifth sheet. The table needs to be organized by columns representing each month's disputes, and rows identifying the type of billing dispute. So...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

COUNTIF or SUMIF or IF
Dear All, I have this set of data Name Value Third Column FourthColumn Count Names Total Value A 15 1 15 B 30 B 40 2 70 C 5 C 10 2 15 D 15 D 30 D 5 E 15 E 30 I want in a separate Third Column a) Count the number of Name...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

Excel 2007 Countifs macro with multiple criteria (OR)
Been working on this reporting macro for excel 2007. Cant figure out how to make countifs work for many possible values in one cell. I have report with multiple colums. With no problem I can check if call has been on hold for less than 26 seconds etc. But in the same countifs sentence I should check also if colum H cell has one of correct names from 50 possible names. There is something like 50 names and about 30 names should be counted and the other 20 not. So I think I need somekind of a OR sentence inside criteria (also saw one possible solution that there would be possib...

Economics formulas for Excel
Where to obtain ready made formulas and charts? Ta You can search in Google, where you may find sites with examples, or sample files to download. http://www.google.com/advanced_search Epistle wrote: > Where to obtain ready made formulas and charts? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

DSum Formula Problem
I'm hoping that somebody can help me out with a DSum formula associated with a command button on a form. Here is what I have: sumshares = DSum("[shares]", "tblUnfilledsubtable", [TradeIDauto] = TradeID) The current result is the sum of all of the shares in the field "shares" TradeIDauto is a field in "tblUnfilledsubtable" TradeID is a string variable that contains the Trade ID from the current form. I know that my code obtained the trade ID because I can get it to show in a message box. I know that the problem is the criteria section because...

Excel formula 11-22-09
I have a list of about 400 last names that I want to use to find in those names in other lists I have by doing an advanced filter. Many of the names are only a few letters and if I use them as is, as my criteria list, I get those names plus any that start with those letters. I know I can format the names so that it will only pick out the exact name on my list by typing ="="the name". I don't want to do that with all 400 names. How can I format the first name on the list and copy or drag it down with each row changing to the name on that row? Example: Adam...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...

Show/Hide Functions/Formulas
For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle show/hide function. Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine. I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings set to UK English Extended. I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys with no luck. Help please. "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:73972258-4ADC-4E40-B17B-A4E64E2B4B7F@microsoft.com... > For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle > show/hide function. > > Selecti...

Contact data is in wrong field
Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem. I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data. Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places. Here are a few examples: 1. Contact street address and city shows up in the "Follup up flag" field 2. Contact "Email display as" contains the display as information with the email address, but the email address field is empty 3. Many duplicates of data with slightly different information (Same contact might have 3 copies, one with a missing telephone number, another with a missing emai...

Cell Formats in formulas
I have a worksheet set up with formulas to automatically copy values from another cell as it is changed. Is there a way to include the format of the reference cell (font, color) when referencing it in a formula. Example: when I change to a different symbol font in the referenced cell, the referencing cells only change the value, not the font, so I don't end up with the correct symbols in the referencing cell. No, it's not possible to do that using formulas, only format formulas can do are number formats and only using the text function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "C. Lewis"...

formulas for rounding
Please can you help. I have a row of figures in excel spreadsheet and they do not add up to zero (they should add up to zero) Please could you let me know whether there is formula that can check the total and if the row of figures do not add to zero then it puts adds the total figure to a figure in the row to make the total equal zero i.e rounding. Thanks. Mas Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html In article <605A2555-F61D-48AA-9A53-7415C70EC99A@microsoft.com>, Mas <Mas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please can you help. > >...

Lookup Value based on a formula
Hi all I am looking up a value in a table that is based around other formulas. When creating the Lookup the formula window shows the correct value. When the formula is entered the result is DIV/0!. Is there an easy way around it? or will I need the table based on hard values? Cheers Show us the actual formulas best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cogeco news" <tmarshall3@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:TZGGh.419$yc.257@read2.cgocable.net... > Hi all > > I am looking up a value in a table that is based around o...

What formula should I use?
I have a mailing list that I receive monthly. I have to mail one of ten letters to each zip code on the list. I have another list that shows which letter goes with each zip code. Currently I have to manually go thru the list line by line, compare the zip codes on the two lists, and type in the letter that should be sent. Is there a formula I can use to automatically populate the 'letter' field for me so I don't have to manually compare the two lists each month? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of thi...

transactions to read (wrong #)
I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any ideas? -- Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike Brearley wrote: >I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting >transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any >ideas? Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box....