What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?

I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns.  I
have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10
columns unhidden.  When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an
Excel message "can't shift items off sheet".  What does this mean?  I've been
using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081
XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769
XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns

might be a possibility.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"NeedHelpinKY" <NeedHelpinKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns.  I
> have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or
10
> columns unhidden.  When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get
an
> Excel message "can't shift items off sheet".  What does this mean?  I've
been
> using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message.

0
twogilvy (1078)