What is simple text?

When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated
data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be
ignored'.  The result is all other data except the accounting formatted data.
 Help!!!!
0
TexMas (7)

I suppose it means without the currency symbol and thousands delimiters.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:01:04 -0700, TexMas <TexMas@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated
>data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be
>ignored'.  The result is all other data except the accounting formatted data.
> Help!!!!

0
anonymous (74723)

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Can you layer text over a graphic in MS Publisher?
If I want to make a background with a graphic, can I do this and layer text over it? Yes, just make the text frame transparent. Terje "kdb" <kdb@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:72260AD8-39C1-495B-BF2C-6E42BC63F57B@microsoft.com... > If I want to make a background with a graphic, can I do this and layer text > over it? > > ...

Rich Text Signature
Ho do I add Rich Text signature for my outgoing mail. Thanks Create your signature in a file on your PC (save it anywhere, just remember where). Then utilize Tools - Options - Signature tab to bring in that file (note the "Browse" button). Also, if you click the "Advanced" button you will have options in regard to which email account or newsgroup that signature applies. You can have multiple signatures. "Kumar Dheeraj" <Kumar Dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3735BB37-F9B0-4A4E-95F4-222384D0B5EF@microsoft.com... ...

Finding text
I'm recording a macro to use across multiple documents. One task of the macro is to select a text string in the document and then take actions with multiple occurances of that string. The "non-programmed" way of doing this is to select the string, copy it, open the find box, and paste the string into the find window and click "Find Next." When I record these actions, the actual selected text gets saved into the macro as follows: With Selection.Find .Text = " Selected text" The next time I run the macro, in another file, wit...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Pivot Table
I have data on an excel worksheet which includes several columns of long text data. When I create a pivot table, the text is truncated. How do I stop the truncation of text data in pivot table? Thanks The character limit in a pivot table cell is 255, and as far as I know, there's no way to change this setting. wk choy wrote: > I have data on an excel worksheet which includes several > columns of long text data. When I create a pivot table, > the text is truncated. > > How do I stop the truncation of text data in pivot table? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleis...

Pasting multiline text into a single cell
I have some text in a PDF file. The text is split over two lines in the PDF The text reads Candidates should understand the relationship between hardware and software and be able to define both. If I copy this from the PDF and paste it into Cell E4 then E4 holds the value Candidates should understand the relationship between hardware and and E5 holds the value software and be able to define both. What I want is the text to be as multiline text in a single cell When I paste, I have tried using Paste Special / Text and Paste Special / Unicode But these just give the same results as...

Combining Text with Formula
Is is possible to have a cell contain text information and then a lookup to another cell. For instance: "The age of this person is " plus the result of another cell that calculates his age so that cell would read: "The age of this person is 72." Thanks for any help you can give me. DebraAnn DebraAnn, yes. =The age of this person is "&B1&"." where B1 holds the calculation. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DebraAnn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Arabic text in Word
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3279965559_645741 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, I am using the French edition of Word 2004 for Mac (version 11.3.8) under Mac OS 10.4.11. When I paste Arabic text into a Word document, from TextEdit for instance, it exits unexpectedly. If I write directly into Word, the letters are not attached. Would you know how to solve this problem ? I reprodu...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

searching for text on the Web
I would like to create a simple macro that would go to several/many web sites and search for a few strings of text, and if found, save that web site, or its URL. Here is a more specific example: Given a URL, like http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2154, I would like to input 2 numbers, say 2154 and 2231, and also say, 3 strings of text, like "timely" "fat" "house". So the macro would go to each URL, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2154, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2155, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2156, etc. up to http://www.s...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

What is simple text?
When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be ignored'. The result is all other data except the accounting formatted data. Help!!!! I suppose it means without the currency symbol and thousands delimiters. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:01:04 -0700, TexMas <TexMas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated >data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be >ignored'. The result is ...

simple question
Okay, I have a very simple question. Where do the old posts go after they run off the last page of this newsgroup? Sometimes I would like to refer to a post that I remember seeing in October, but is no longer on the current section. The search function seems to only search current posts as well. If anyone has some input please email me at joep@siboneylg.com Thanks kindly. have you tried google groups, they keep archived old posts: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=microsoft.public.greatplains&hl=en "Joe Proehl" <joep@siboneylg.com> wrote in message news:099701c5...

Splitting Text
Hi I have W2K with Excel2K I have a worksheet that links to another file. In cell A2 the link returns the following value: PAINT-CLEAR EPOXY PRIME-EE00155-A In cell B2 the link returns the following value: PAINT-STOCKADE-FN22615-T I have a helper column (H2 & H3) that allows me to remove the PAINT- from the above values H2 returns the value CLEAR EPOXY PRIME-EE00155-A (using =MID(A2,7,40) H3 returns the value STOCKADE-FN22615-T (using =MID(A3,7,40) Now what I would like to do 2 more things. Remove the hyphen from the text from the above values and have the Name in one column an...

File Insert tries to do text conversion.
I am working in WORD 2003. When I try to insert a jpg in the middle of text or even on a separate line WORD tries to convert the jpg. This has never happened before. Can anyone explain what settings may have changed and what I can do to fix this? This issue started after a severe attack by a trojan known as Total PC Defender. I have thoroughly cleaned my disk and my registry of every vestige of this rogue cyber terrorist. Not being able to insert a graphic is the first problem I have encountered since cleaning up. Any one experiencing this kind of problem is requested to...

sort text numbers as number
I have a list like this 1-apple 2-orange .... 11-pears 12-grapes.. Now when I sort it, it will sort number 2 after number 12 because it takes it as text, how can I have Excel sort it by the numeric value of the begining of the filed? -- Jacob Fleischman Federal plastics ltee 514-342-5411 jacob@fedplast.com Jacob, You can make a helper column, and sort on that column. =LEFT(A2,SEARCH("-",A2)-1) This should yield the number part at the beginning of the cell - it looks for a hyphen. It will fail if it doesn't find a hyphen; the formula can be expanded to behave more nicely i...

Simple Macro is not so simple
Hi all, I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no Danny There's sample code on my web site, for inserting comments: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Aardvark wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Wow! Nice one :-) Thank you M...

How does one CENTER images, text boxes etc., on a PAGE?
I have not been able to find the feature that centers all images or selected images, taxt boxes, etc., on a page. Secondly, I have noticed that if the content of one page are copied on to another page, the copied sontent is not placed in the exactly same location as the copied material. W#hy does this happen and how can it be fixed? I am using Publisher 2003 and 2002. The problem seems to related to both versions. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Stevk <stevk@idirect.com>... > I have not been able to find the feature that centers all images ...

Plain text email arrives as html email
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I'm having. I'm sending an email in plain text format with an attached file to several email destinations. For some recipients, the email and attachement is received ok, but for others they receive a blank email with an attachement containing the text of the email as well as the original attachement. I have succesfully sent the email to aol/yahoo and some users with Microsoft Outlook. I have been unsuccesful in sending to some users with Microsoft Outlook. Regards Salim ...

(Error 1004) Object Defined Error ...simple code
I have the following simple simple code: Dim s as String s = WeekdayName(1) ' Causes Error 1004 Why would the above call to "WeekdayName(1)" suddenly cause an Object Defined Error?? My program has been working nicely for awhile, but now all of a sudden it halts at the above line??? What the heck is going on??? Robert Crandal Hi Robert, It works fine for me. However, checking out Help, the first day of week parameter is supposed to default to Sunday (or 1) as the first day of the week but it appears to default to zero. Tested in xl2002 and x...