What is Personal.xls

What exactly is the personal.xls file?  I created the macro to create the
file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work)
and now it opens with every excel file.  I know I can delete it, but what is
it used for?

Thanks!

0
nclericy (6)

When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it.
Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal
workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect
all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel.
--
HTH -

-Frank
Microsoft Excel MVP
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"Nathalie" <nclericy@gginb.com> wrote in message
> What exactly is the personal.xls file?  I created the macro to create the
> file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work)
> and now it opens with every excel file.  I know I can delete it, but what
is
> it used for?
>
> Thanks!

0
frank8273 (76)
9/16/2003 6:43:52 PM
Thanks Frank.

"Frank Isaacs" <frank@dolphintechnology.com> wrote in message
> When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it.
> Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your
personal
> workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect
> all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel.
> --
> HTH -
>
> -Frank
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> Dolphin Technology Corp.
> http://vbapro.com
>

> "Nathalie" <nclericy@gginb.com> wrote in message
> > What exactly is the personal.xls file?  I created the macro to create
the
> > file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it
work)
> > and now it opens with every excel file.  I know I can delete it, but
what
> is
> > it used for?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
nclericy (6)

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro
Hi, can any please advise me why on opening Excel 2000 on my works PC I ge two files opening i.e. PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro as opposed to only one i.e. PERSONAL.XLS on my home PC. Is it safe to delete the PERSONAL.XLS.pro and if so how ? Many thanks Ro -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26452 I've never heard of THAT file. It sounds to me lik...

CONVERT Numbers-As-Text to PURE Numbers when converting to xls ??
I have a table that has a text field which stores only numbers. I'm not sure why it is formatted as text...but it always is...and I currently have to control over its creation. I have a report based on a query which is very often "Output To" an XLS format via a Macro (it very cooly works with one click) so it can be used in a spreadsheet. Well...that text field with numbers comes into excel as text, of course. At least the excel indicates so with little triangles in the cells' corners. Excel also provides a little pull down mention which allows a quick convert to true n...

personal folder
Hi, I have upgraded my machine with Office XP Professional from Office 2000, everything is okey except personal folder all my inbox, sent items have not been retained. Please help!!!! ...

How to convert .xls to .rtf
Does anyone know how to convert an Excel spreadsheet to .rtf format? Thanks in advance. Not really sure, but you could try this .. Copy the sheet In Word ----------- Edit > paste special > Formatted Text (RTF) File > Save As Under "Save as type:" > Choose "Rich Text Format" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "John Garvey" <John Garvey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A094D5-996F-4AF1-86DF-31F9C92F05A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to conve...

Combining multiple XLS files into one
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Let's say I have multiple XLS spreadsheet files, each one with its own small table of data and calculations. Let's say I want to keep these original files separate. <br><br>I also want to create a new XLS file, this one combining the spreasheets from the original XLS files mentioned above. In the new consolidated file, each of the original XLS files would become a worksheet in the newly consolidated workbook. <br><br>The consolidated workbook would contain the workseets derived fro...

2004 Business -> 2004 personal
I had been using Money 2004 Business version to track my personal expenses. Will Money 2004 personal read the file or backup file? and if so will there be lost accounts or bank information? -- Parley D. Kennelly Southern California Realtor� Yes Personal will always read a Business file (from the same geographic region). You will get warnings about lost functionality, but it is only the business functionality that is lost. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see ...

Move transaction to another person
A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to the proper customer. OR is it simpler to refund and resale! I have several of these to do unfortunately... Thanks Dan We return and resell. The downside is that it messes with the sale dates. "Dan-902" wrote: > A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have > warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to > the proper customer. OR is it simple...

Why unhide personal.xls to modify a macro
Many tutorials state that to create or modify a macro in the personal.xls workbook it needs to be unhidden. I seem to be able to view and modify such a macro when it is hidden. Why the apparant discrepancy? I am using Excel 2002. I an confused. Brian Tozer There would be no reason to unhide the workbook. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs24th$nc1$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Many tutorials state that to create or modify a macro in the personal.xls > workbook it needs to be unhidden. > I seem to be able to view and modify such a macr...

Personal folders within personal folders
Office xp pro Hi! I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i cant delete or remove the top set. How do i get rid of the first set of folders? regards Alec. If this is Outlook XP which I assume it is. Here's what you do. Right click on the PERSONAL FOLDERS that you do not need and choose CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS from the pull-down menu. This will remove it from your Folder list. David G. >-----Original Message----- >Office xp pro >Hi! > I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i >cant delete or remove the...

xls file in Excel97 will not open
I have a strange problem in our network. A client can't open a specific xls-file. When he opens an other xls file Excel97 works perfect. When he logs-in on an other pc he can work with that specific file as it should be. So just one xls file that doesn't want to open on his own pc. If he want to open that file you can see it shortly. It looks like Excel97 is searching or waiting for something. After this Excel closes without a warning. Eventviewer doesn't say anything. When I log-in on his pc I can work with all files. I deleted his profile on his pc and on the network. Didn&#...

Personal Distribution List client limits
I've got a user who has created quite a few Personal Distribution lists in her Outlook 2003 Contacts. A few of the lists are over the 128 user limit so she's getting the "Out of Exchange Memory" errors when attempting to edit them. We've been able to export her Contacts to a .PST and sucessfully open the DL. We've also been able to import it into another user's Contacts and they can open the list without problem. Is the Personal Distribution list limit mailbox-specific or DL specific? In other words, If a user has many small DL's, will they get the e...

encyrpting outlook personal folders
does anyone know how to set your Personal Folders to "High Encyrption" in Outlook 2003? thanks, zero one On 17 May 2004 22:41, "zero one" wrote: >does anyone know how to set your Personal Folders to "High Encyrption" >in Outlook 2003? I think you have to create a new personal folders file, set the encryption to High when you create it, then move the items from the old file into the new one. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm SchorrTech Blog: http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschorr/...

Re: Export another person's contacts
choose the best - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. | "Jeri" <Jeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:ABBD39BE-5C8C-4727-8846-DE38A97AF6AA@microsoft.com... | >I have been given access to another person's contacts and need to export | > their contact list. When I try to run the export, only my contacts are | > listed. I can copy their addresses into another folder under mine, but | > there | > are 2400 contacts and Outl...

PC = Personal Copy
Yes People, Today I suddenly realized what PC really stands for: Not Personal Computer, but Personal Copy ! ;) :) Bye, Skybuck =D ...

Personalization Menu
Dear all I have a Windows Server 2003 DC with different GPOs on it. I also have a Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server for clients. When I log in as Domain Administrator all works fine. But when I log in as a client and do right-click on the desktop -> Personalize nothing happens. How can I enable this for the users? I was not able to find it in GPO or Registry. Can anyone help me? TIA Chris Hi! If you could look at http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Configuring-Windows-Server-2008-Terminal-Services-Gateway-Part1.html especially section "Install Desktop Ex...

huge size of xls
i need a help to compress the xls size. Zip. Steve On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:51:01 +0100, ashish <ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i need a help to compress the xls size. Hi ashish Check out this first http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "ashish" <ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6741F306-6DCD-4DAB-94A9-4386D37113D0@microsoft.com... >i need a help to compress the xls size. ...

How do I link one person to another in the same table?
I have a table of Contacts. Some of my contacts know other contacts, and I would like to indicate that in their record. However, for Data Type, I cannot create a drop down list of contacts from within the table to choose from. Any idea how to to this? Or, if this is not possible, can you suggest another way to indicate "who knows whom"? Your contact table ought to look like: TblContact ContactID FirstName LastName etc Then you need am acquaintenances table: TblAcquaintenance AcquaintenanceID ContactID (identifies a Contact) AcquaintedContactID (Ident...