What is CV text?

Can someone tell me what CV text is?
0
Tina (84)

Do you mean CSV, comma separated values?

--

HTH

RP

"Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what CV text is?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/21/2004 9:58:13 PM
And if you did mean CSV (comma separated values), then the name is pretty
descriptive.

But if you start a new test workbook and populate a bunch of cells with dummy
data, then save it as a .CSV file.

Then close excel.

And open that .csv file in NotePad to see what it looks like.

There are lots of programs that don't talk to each other.  One way to share data
between these programs is to save as a .csv file (a lot of programs will export
data that way and import data that way).

But as you can see, it's plain old text.  No formulas, no formatting, no page
setups--just plain old text.

Tina wrote:

> Can someone tell me what CV text is?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

ComboBox text Limit
Hi all you Experts I need to create a dropdown list in a form field that will allow users to choose from the entries that are pre-populated. As my list is going to be longer than 25 entries I have used a Userform with a combo box. As far as I can tell, each entry in the list is limited to 50 characters, but some of my choices will need to be double this length. Is there any way of using VBA code to increase the number of characters available? -- Thanks in advance of help. Geoff The limit maybe 255 characters, but it is definitely not 50. -- Hope this helps. Pl...

text quality
i have resently upgraded from publisher 98 to 2003 and i am unable to get the same quality text. how do i improve the quality of the texts? How does the text look when you print? Do you have a flat screen monitor? Microsoft PowerToys has included the Clear Type Tuner, it will improve how text looks on your screen. It is a free download. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx An upgraded video driver might help too. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. If the text does not print right, a printer driver upgrade could be the solution. -- M...

converting text to %
i know this is not hard...i've done it before but i'm drawing a blank if i have a field: ConDedAmount which holds a value of 5% as text how do i (in a query) pull the value as a percentage or decimal? TIA Ted You can try an expression like: Val(ConDedAmount)/100 This depends on the consistency of your data values. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Ted" wrote: > i know this is not hard...i've done it before but i'm drawing a blank > > if i...

lee nankervis cv
Lee Nankervis My name Lee Nankervis i left school in 03 and i went to work at Cornish Linen Services in Pool Redruth. I started as a linen sorter in the factory, i was wrkin in the facotry for about a year an wen i pass my driving test in 04 i became a van driver. I was delivering lineing to retail out lets in cornwall an devon. I wud delivey tyo 30 to 40 out lets a day over 5 days a week, startin g at 6 and finishing at 4:30.I left in feb 07 duo to relationship problums an now i want to become a van driver once again.Iam very reiable an only take days of for family hoildays.Iam willin...

Trouble with Text Box and New Lines
I'm trying to use a textbox control a TextFormat of RTF. Whenever I input text from the body of an email into this box, the line returns disappear and I end up with one big long paragraph. For instance, text that looks like this in an Outlook email: "See the dog run." "See the cat watch." looks like this: "See the dog run.""See the cat watch." Any suggestions on how this can be corrected? Thanks, Tom S. A standard Access text box doesn't support RTF. You'll need to use an ActiveX control such as this: http://www.lebans.com/richtex...

Autofill Text
I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill unless the series contains numbers or dates. Can any one suggest a simple answer for this as I am not an experienced user of EXCEL. It seems that filling in each series individually is the answer but it's a lot from aaa to zzz. Would be greatful for any assistance. Cheers "Ryko" <sourcemusic@tsn.cc> wrote in message news:ADBE64DF-285A-4050-B88E-A98BFCD84CD4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill...

Slanted Text
I would like to make a matrix with slanted column headings. I can slant the text but the text is truncated the above & below rows. How do I get slanted text? Thank you Mike, Have you set the Wrap Text option in Format>Cells>Alignment, and made the row higher? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mikedenton81@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c0a01c3621d$92c65170$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to make a matrix with slanted column > headings. I can slant the text but the text is truncated > the above & below rows. How do I get slanted text? > >...

HTML to Plain Text corrected.
Somehow or another in MS Office Outlook 2007 (running on Vista Home Premium) I have managed to turn on a control/command that converts my HTML incoming email to Plain Text. It's the work of a second to right button it and specify "Display as HTML" but it seems so unneccessary to have to do that, more and more it seems. How do I get my received email to open in the same format as it was sent in, at least for HTML? Regards, Denzil. No need to repost. Your original question already got posted. Note that it could take several minutes before a post could show up. -- Robert Spa...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

Text
I downloaded a report into excel. One of the columns are numbers but can't calculate them. How do I change it to a number? I don't want to use (example.. A1*1) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Copy an empty cell, select the import and do edit>paste special and select add If that doesn't work then you have invisible characters in the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MileHigh >" <<MileHigh.1053v9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:MileHigh.1053v9@excelforum-nospam.com... > I downloaded a report into excel. One of the ...

can i convert numbers to written text in excell 2003?
Dear expert? i'd be very thankful and pleasured to have an answer to my mentioned question needless to say that i respect the others knowledgements and epertise. example for above: 25 should be written twenty five. See Bob's site http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Ahmad Al-Nahar" <AhmadAlNahar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7271EF3D-1F18-44A8-9661-E181EF5225DA@microsoft.com... > Dear expert? > i'd be very thankful and pleasured to have an answer to my mentioned questi...

text in downward arc?
Hi there, using publisher i want to create text in a downward arc. i have tried to use the upward arc in the word art section and invert that but the text flips. i want to be able to read it from left to right. No matter how i try the text will not read from left to right? what am i doing wrong? Word art will do that. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ian cobbledick" <ian cobbledick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D9450C-7416-453...

Invisible text in drop down parameter query
Hi Don't know if the subject is explanation or not for what Ive got but here goes I have been trying to build parameter queries with drop down list combo boxes using the following tutorial [url=http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm#dialog]http:// www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm#dialog[/url] my platform is Access 2003 all was going well until I run the form with combo boxes, I can run query OK but when I choose from my drop-down lists no text is visible until I click in the list and then the selection is visible, I tough this must just be a font color problem, but I cant seem...

Separating left and right columns of text evenly
I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in an evenly spaced column to the right side of the text box? It would be similar to creating a table of contents, perhaps? -- Bill a table would probably be the easiest -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Retired Chief" <RetiredChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79B75A97-4ADD-48E9-A81D-DF527ECE922A@microsoft.com... | I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in | an evenly spaced column to the right side of th...

Join text
Ok. I will try to explain. I want to join text from several cells and I'm using a function "Sammafoga(A1;a2;a3)" But I want the text to be formatted in the recevied cell, i.e. font size from A1 shall be 18, a2 italic and a3 normal. How do I do that? tnx for your answer Robert -- Robert57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495454 First copy the result of the formula and paste...

Conditional formatting for rows containing text
Is it possible to conditionally format for rows containing certain text? I receive a weekly report of hours and costs from our financial department that I need to sort and enter information into a spreadsheet for actuals vs. budget. This information comes to me with column A looking similar to this: 1234 Sum of Total Hours 1234 Sum of Total Cost 1235 Sum of Total Hours 1235 Sum of Total Cost 1236 Sum of Total Hours 1236 Sum of Total Cost 1237 Sum of Total Hours 1237 Sum of Total Cost with the #'s being different ch...

Multilevel Lists
I am trying to set up the format for a new multilevel list I want it set up so that: Level 1 text: Is ilays bold and black Level 2 text: Is always normal black Level 3 text: is walwys red Where do I set this at? It looks like in the formating for the list I can only edit the font style of the list numbers not the actual text after the numbers. Thanks Link each list level to a distinct style and define the font and paragraph formatting in the style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Going...

Full Text Indexing
I have enabled full text indexing on Exchange 2003 with the purpose of being able to search through all user's email folders for a key word. Even after doing this, it appears that I can only search my own folders. I am doing the search with the Advanced Find in Outlook 2003 and have disabled cached mode (have also tried OWA). I followed the steps for setting up FTI. It has generated the indexes (over 200k). I also set it to allow clients to do searchs on the FTI, but it does not seem to function... at least not how I would expect. 1. Am I wrong in assuming that I should be able to ...

Stripping Blank Lines from text box
Hi I have a text box on a form called 'disAddress' with 'Enter Key Behavior' set to 'New Line in Field' I have 9 variables D(0) to D(8) that contains lines of addresses for exmple D(0) could equal "123 Freet Street" D(1) could equal "Near Dartford" and D(3) could equal "" and D(4) could equal "Australia" etc. I am tryng to display the address in a text box with no blank lines taking the information from the variables. D(0) = "25 Albert Road" D (1) = "" D(2) ="Wilmington" I dont want it to show ...

connecting text boxes that already have text inside
How do you connect two or three text boxes that are already full. I want to combined text boxes. Autoflow? Temporally, make the first box larger. Then copy and then paste into the first box. Delete the contents of box two. Select box 1, click on the chain link in the tool bar, put the cursor over box 2 and the cursor will turn into a tipped tea pot, left click. Resize box 1 and anything that can't fit in box 1 will now flow into box 2. You can link as many pages (boxes) as you wish and they don't have to be in sequence. You could link box 1 to 23 and link it to 12 and link it...

Format Column by text in first row
I have multiple documents with similar data, but not always in the same format (thanks to too many users touching them). Each document has multiple sheets and I would like to write a Macro that will format a particular column to a certain Date Format. I know how to write this macro if you already know the Column, but it isn't always the same. This particular column has a header in the first cell, with the data below it; but for different sheets, it isn't in the same position. For the first sheet it could be column G and for another it could be column L. But for all the sheets, the ...

Aligning text in a list view
How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AC67CFC-1CA3-418D-874C-98B48A7C9FEF@microsoft.com... > How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? > Hey, Use following flags when inserting new columns: LVCFMT_LEFT LVCFMT_RIGHT LVCFMT_CENTER For example, yourListCtrl.InsertColumn(0, _T("Column name"), LVCFMT_CENTER, iWidth); Regards. ...

Marking Reply Text
I am trying to set-up Outlook such that when I reply to a message by noting my own comments against those of the originator (in the original text), these are automatically highlighted and shown in a different colour. I know this is possible as I use the feature on another PC. I have tried: Tools - Options - Preferences - E-mail Options and then ticked the box 'Mark my comments with:' but this has made no difference. Any ideas? I am running Outlook 2003 SP2. Many thanks. that only works with html and RTF formatting and possibly only if using word as the editor. -- Diane ...

Text from table won't display
Hi everyone, thanks for being so helpful. I'm working on a report and included is a text box whose control source is from the table I've queried. The actual data from the table isn't showing up on the report when I open it, though. And it's only this text field. Other text fields work fine and my date fields also show up fine. I've made sure that I included this column in the query, but nothing I do makes the data appear. Please help. Set the control's border to red, do you see this in preview? What section of the report contains the control? -- Duane Hookom Micro...

find text, display text
I want to find text within a cell and, if found, display a text message of my choosing. For instance, if A1 has the txt "Special Price", then I want B1 to say, "Special." If it says "Regular Price", I want B1 to say "Reg." Thanks! Hi you may have a look at VLOOKUP (together with a lookup table). See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shaun" <shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F55C22DF-F71D-4261-A4D8-91DA409F4989@microsoft.com... > I want to find tex...