What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?

Hi,
I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not
the method Save as .xla) for say, to check  the occurances of an item. In Col
A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some
items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of
occurances of AN item in this list? If so how>
Thank You

Hi Shajueasow,

See:

       http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm

for a tutorial.

---
Regards,
Norman

"shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin
> (not
> the method Save as .xla) for say, to check  the occurances of an item. In
> Col
> A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some
> items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of
> occurances of AN item in this list? If so how>
> Thank You

0
normanjones (1047)

Normal users unable to open JPG files (Power users can)
Hi All, I have a problem whereby users who are set up with normal user status on their machines cannot open JPEG files, but if we make them a power user on their computer they can then open JPG files fine. I found this posting in this group from Jun 2003 that partially addresses the issue: http://groups.google.co.nz/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/a870363bf78ac9c3/3663ad6fdee97e62?lnk=st&q=&rnum=11&hl=en#3663ad6fdee97e62 OR http://tinyurl.com/ew8gf The advice in there is to change the user to a power user, associate JPG / JPEG file extensions with an a...

Recordset in excel with variables
I have successfully figured out how to retrieve data from a SQL server from within an excel sheet. The thing I can figure out is how I can use variables in that recordset from data in a particular cell. Example : Select * from inventoryAudit *that works currently in my sheet but I need to add a variable to the query Example : Select * from inventoryAudit Where transfer_dte Between varStart And varEnd * varStart & varEnd would be dates entered into 2 cells on the sheet, than a button would be pushed that would run the query and return the results into the sheet This is what I have...

can't email from publisher. Says there's no conection,
I can't email a document from publisher. It says can not start email program. bea4him wrote: > I can't email a document from publisher. It says can not start email > program. ============================== Windows version? Publisher version? E-mail program? Maybe the following links will help: Create and send e-mail publications using Publisher 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010743381033.aspx Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher 2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx Tips and troubleshoo...

excel 2000 #26
Is Microsoft EXCEL200 Step by Step compatable with win. XP I don't understand your question. Windows XP is an operating system. Excel is a spreadsheet program. 'Microsoft Excel200 [sic] Step by Step' is a book. Are you asking whether some (which?) version of the book is relevant for some particular (which?) version of Excel? On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:55:02 -0700, "Jim Proctor" <Jim Proctor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is Microsoft EXCEL200 Step by Step compatable with win. XP ...

I can not get excel to print on front and back can anyone help me.
I can not get excel to print on front and back of a page. I tried setting it to duplex printing but that did not work. If there is not a way to do it then can I only print odd and even pages. If so then how? is your printer able to print front and back? See also http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "damorrison" <davemcochrane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138752185.640199.294620@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > is your printer able to print front and back? > ...

Is there any way to increase the colomns in Excel more than 256 ?
How to increase the colomns in Excel to more than 256 colomns Not possible. Jerry sheshtar5212 wrote: > How to increase the colomns in Excel to more than 256 colomns ...

addins
Hello, I use the TM 'Autochart' addin, and I have version 2.1. The latest version is 3.1. I am suddenly having problems with autochart so want to try upgrading. Do I need to 'uninstall' or delete the current version I have, or do I just download the new vesrsion ? Thanks KK You would do well to unload it, Tools>Addins and de-select it, and then just overwrite the old file, then load it as before, but select it. -- HTH Bob "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23BXCpipxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Charting Data That can grow
i have a graph that uses data generated by access, but the problem i have is that the graph is setup using a XLT. i am capturing data by week, so each week that my graph is generated it will included more data how do i set it up so that the graph is adjusted accordingly. i was pointed to the following page but really dont understand it. http://tinyurl.com/2bqhk i have had a look and aint got a clue, what that meant..... my sheet containing the data is claaed: DATA and my sheet layout is as follows: [image: http://members.lycos.co.uk/redtilefc/1.jpg] i have looked at the calculation...

VBAProject Password upon exiting Excel
When I close Excel I get get a popup asking for a VBAProject Password. I have to hit cancel 6 times to get Excel to close. How do I get it to stop asking for the password? Saved from a previous post: There have been a few problems associated with Google's Desktop Search. Do you have that installed on your pc? If yes, maybe disabling that COM Add-In will help. One way to turn it off: In excel, Tools|customize|Commands tab|Tools Category Scroll down the commands listbox and Drag "COM Add-ins..." to under Tools|Addins (It seems to make sense there.) Then close up that dia...

Exporting to Excel
Hello, I have a form the has the Customer name in two fields Last Name/Entity and First Name. In the query I have it set to place both fields into one so on the report it all show in one place. This works fine and looks great. However, when I export to excel and sort the name field in alph order it seems to sort the entity name in alpha order first then it sorts the customer name in alpha order. I have the report sorting by customer name so I am not sure why it is doing this or if that is how it is suppose to work. What I would like is when I export and sort by name to have ALL the nam...

Creating or Replying to messages
When I create or reply to a new message, sometimes the message appears minimized in the task bar. I have to minimize outlook to start typing my reply on the new window. this happens at least once a day and is frustrating the rest of my staff. I'm running XP pro and office 2003 (outlook 2003). Any help would be appreciated. Scott >-----Original Message----- >When I create or reply to a new message, sometimes the >message appears minimized in the task bar. I have to >minimize outlook to start typing my reply on the new >window. this happens at least once a da...

Excel Startup Switch
I have followed all the instructions in the Knowledge Base to start Excel with the /e switch, which should launch the application without any open workbooks, but it doesn't work. The only thing I can think of is that I also load a personal.xls file. Is this why, or is there something else I'm missing? Diva, Where did you put the /e? I placed it on all the shortcuts (whether on the desktop or Start-Programs menu). I opened the properties of teh shortcut and changed my path to reflect the /e at the end as follows: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE&quo...

Simple Excel Macro
OK, OK...so (technically) I'm not a "new" user of Excel. I've created simple macros in older versions of Excel, before macro and Visual Basic meant the same thing. I want to create a simple macro, but VB is foreign to me. All I want the macro to do is press F2 (to edit the text in a cell), hit Home (to go to the beginning of the cell contents) and insert a couple letters. However, when I record it, the VB script replaces the text in my cell with the text that was in the cell I used to record it. Anyone know how to get Excel to do the simple macros it used to do? ...

windows 7 hp c309a three-in-one printer
1. have seen a lot of microsoft data to find out simply "how to clean install windows7 drivers 32 bit " for the windows 7 that i have recently upgraded to from vista. there are a lot of computer-words used, but my question still not answerd. seem to obtain much better help from discussion groups and google than microsoft 2. would i still require new drivers to be installed for the connected HP C309A three-in-one printer? thank you "Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A5215CC-542B-460A-B155-6225F32D0188@microsoft.com.....

Excel To Pagemaker
I have compiled a rather large technical bilingual dictionary: 16.000 entries in Spanish, 13000 entries in English, in excel 2000 pro. The term entry is in column A and the definition or translation is in Column B. The printers tell me they need to have the whole dictionary in ONE column to import it to PageMaker and even so they cannot keep the font format. I have tried to do multiple copy-and-paste of column A to B with no success. As I try to insert, the "paste" sign dimms on me and I cannot do it. I have done a few hundred entries one by one but it is a nightmare. I used two c...

when replying to an email outlook should delete the original one
In outlook, if you are replying to an e-mail message in the inbox, outlook should ask you if you want to delete the message in the inbox and keep the sent one. This way, users efficiency will increase as you wont spend time cleaning you inbox. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Send Query To Excel
I am using Access 2003 and have been using the code below to transfer query results to a template in Excel but lately it appears that the Clear contents is not working because the excel spreadsheet contains more records (73) than the query results (64). Does the code look correct: Private Sub Label100_Click() Dim objXL As Excel.Application Dim objWkb As Excel.Workbook Dim objSht As Excel.Worksheet Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Dim intLastCol As Integer Const conMAX_ROWS = 20000 Const conSHT_NAME = "property" Const conWKB_NAME = "P:\Loan Service\Insuran...

Can CArchive write to an in-memory string rather than a CFile?
Can CArchive write to an in-memory string rather than a CFile? The standard usage seems to be: CFile file("myfile.txt", CFile::modeWrite); CArchive archive(&myfile, CArchive::store); archive << cstring; This is nice, but I'd like to be able to write to an in-memor string? Conceptually something like this: CString string; CArchive archive(&string, CArchive::store); archive << cstring; Thanks. In article <93CF8E52-88B2-4335-9E7E-AE6239B405FC@microsoft.com>, SiemelNaran@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can CArchive write to an in-memory stri...

Excell templates
I am a new Excell user. I found and downloaded a template for tracking blood sugar. My question is: How do I remove the values already in the template and add my own, also create the chart from the data added? All assistance would greatly be appreciated. I need a step by step how to do to get this done. I have MS Office 2007 and am running Vista Home Premium Regards, Al Do a SaveAs (found on the Office dialog) so you have an XLSX file Now it is not a template but a simple workbook and you can change it. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

How do I recover a corrupt excel File
I have a large Database that has been corrupted when being transfered to a new machine. It shows up as a 606kb file but excel will not open it. There are over 2000 entries and I would really not like to enter all of this Data again. PLEASE HELP! Even a partial recovery would be great. You can try to open in in Word, using the Recover Text from Any File option in the "files of type" box. The may eliminate some (but probably not all) of the manual work needed to get your XLS file back. On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:55:01 -0700, "Bike_junky" <Bike_junky@discussions.micro...

i want to create a formula to change a months name
I want to create a formula to allow me to enter a # into a cell that will display a corresponding months name in that cell. In doing an IF statement I have been getting a cricular error, I assume because i'm creating the formula IN the refrence cell, or Excel can't find the project or library. Either way I'm sure I'm not creating the formula correctly. Example: I want to enter 01 for January, 02 for February and have the corresponding mont displayed in the cell I'm creating the formula in. Is this possibe if written in the same cell? Sounds pretty simple but I can't get...

excel 2000 tutorial
Hi, I'm in the market to purchase a good CD-ROM tutorial for Excel 2000. I use an XP system. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance, Lee >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I'm in the market to purchase a good CD-ROM tutorial for >Excel 2000. I use an XP system. Any recommendations? > >Thanks in advance, >Lee >. > You might check http://www.elementkjournals.com for their CD-ROM tutorials. ...

AddIn
I have created AddIn for Outlook using C#. In OnStartupComplete, adding button to the toolbar. AddIn loading properly. When I am trying close the Outlook, the outook window getting closed, but process still running. ...

ATTN: Works wdb files to Excel 2003 converter query
Hi, I need to convert MS Works .wdb files - unknown version - to Excel 2003. Do you have or know where I can download a free converter. It is only needed for a couple of files. TIA SeeAll AFAIK there isn't one, barring saving the Works files as version 2...very old, or saving as an Excel file in Works -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "SeeAll" <seeallscansuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:xqydnVIL9KMy_izZRVny2g@bt.com... > Hi, > > I need to convert MS Works...

Help
CRM1.2 running on SBS - has been fine but recently had to re-run Internet and email connection wizard and remote access wizrd in SBS. CRM is fine except now you can only log in if member of Administrators Group - noone else can log into CRM - though they can log on to other apps on this box fine. Certainly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Roger Sorry everyone - please ignore. This problem was caused by having Sharepoint Services running at same time (phew!) Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u51Y2jssEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ...