what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.

i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace
not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it?
0
garfland (1)

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Locating Invalid rows after restoring S2K db to S2K8 (DBCC error 2
After doing a restore to migrate a SQL 2000 database to SQL 2008 we ran the DBCC CHECKDB DATA_PURITY command which identified Invalid Rows in several tables. The data type of many of the identified columns was numeric(16,2), and we have been attempting to follow the directions for locating invalid rows with T-SQL as detailed in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/923247?p=1. So for a numeric(16,2), we used the following T-SQL statement: select * FROM OPPORTUNITY_FACT where RECURRING_REVENUE_AMOUNT > 99999999999999.99 -- for numeric(16,2) or RECURRING_REVENUE_AMO...

losing newlines and whitespace on xslt processing
Hi, im trying to create a text email message using xslt template , the transforms work great, but the newlines and whitespace in the xslt doc are removed. Is there a setting somewhere I have missed: My template is: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" exclude-result- prefixes="msxsl"> <xsl:output indent="yes" method="text" media-type="text/xml" encoding="...

Send From allows all users to "spoof" other users in Global Address List
If you use the From box when sending an email it allows you to choose any user from the Global address list and send an email as that person. No delegation is set up and I do not see any security to prevent this. How can I stop users from Spoofing other users. Thanks. sorry, I figued it out. I suffered from premature posting. >-----Original Message----- >If you use the From box when sending an email it allows >you to choose any user from the Global address list and >send an email as that person. No delegation is set up >and I do not see any security to prevent...

location of OUTLOOK.PST
Somehow my win 98 boot sequence has been destroyed and I must re-install windows. I will be upgrading to XP when I do. I can boot DOS with my emergency bood disk but cannot determine the directory where my outlook mail and contacts are located. I have a secont hard drive to copy the data to but, so far, have not located the .PST files. I used what ever directory was the standard for outlook (Office 2000 upgraded to Office XP). Any help with locations using DOS paths would be appreciated. Are there other files that I should copy? It will be under C:\Windows\Application Data\Mic...

Excel 97 Protect but allow comments
I know you can do this on XP but is there anyway of protecting a sheet or book but still allow users to add cell comments with Excel 97? Many thanks. Sally T Hi AFAIK you have to at least unlock the respective cells before protecting the sheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sally t" <sallyt@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:62D06842-E8D8-41E9-9CAB-C52934F4CBEA@microsoft.com... >I know you can do this on XP but is there anyway of protecting a sheet or > book but still allow users to add cell comments with Excel 97? Many > thank...

Sales Transactions should allow a default distribution by batch
When entering sales transactions in Receivalbles, as a service organiztion we use different income accounts to show where our income is coming from. We enter transactions by batch and it would be great if the batch header or by some other means you could designate the distribution by batch. Less errors would occur than with manual entry. And it would be a time saver to be assured the distribution was correct without having to bring up the distribution screen for each transaction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

Redeem Gift Certificates at multiple locations
Does anyone know how I could create a Gift Card that could be redeemed at any of our stores? We are using Headquarters. Currently, the store that sells the card is the only one that can redeem it. Thanks! There is a Product called GIVEX out there for this purpose "Paul" <pbunn26@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ICPCYLrEHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I could create a Gift Card that could be redeemed at > any of our stores? We are using Headquarters. > Currently, the store that sells the card is the only one that can redeem it. > ...

Locating Value Pack Add In on the web?
I have Office X for Mac installed, and am attempting to run a = spreadsheet=20 which needs the Analysis Tool Pack. I cannot locate it under Tools->Add = Ins, and also cannot locate the value pack installer on my disk. =20 Unfortunately, I am away from home, and do not have access to my=20 installation disk. Is there any place I can download the value pack = installer? =20 Its listed as FREE, so I would assume it would be easy to find, but to = no avail=20 so far. I'm not sure where "its (sic) listed as FREE", since you can only get it by buying Office (and IIRC, MS doesn&...

CRM 4.0 new deployment datbase file locations ????
Hi When you deploy a new organization it seems that CRM tries to place the database and log files in the same location as when first installed. The problem is that we have moved log files to new disks on another drive and when creating a new organization it tries to create the log file on the old location even if we have changed the default location paths on the SQL server. Does CRM store a path for new databases/logfiles somewhere or how is this working ? The problem is that the organisations couldn't be created before we made a directory on the old location and then we had to m...

HQClient Error: <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location:....
Out of no where I'm getting this error message in HQClient in one of my locations. I don't know if this is related but a interstore transfer request was sent and it keeps creating 2 blank transfer-outs and 1 blank transfer-in. Also the software firewall gave me a weird message stating mmgs.exe windows messenger was doing something with the HQclient so do you want to approve yes or no. Can someone help me decipher the error? Thanks... <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location: recbase.cpp:1378 Expression: m_offBeginVar < m_SizeRec SPID: 54...

Moving default store location in OL2002
In an earlier post Anne Wold outlined the following procedure: 1. COPY your file back to the original folder (this will allow you to open Outlook) then do the following. Keep a copy of the file in the folder where you want the file to be. 2. Go to TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAIL SETUP tab - Data Files button. Add a new ..pst Folder file. Point to the file where you want Outlook to store your messages. Use an original name not the Outlook default one since in the next step you will have to be able to recognise this one from the orignal. 3. Then go to TOOLS - EMAIL ACCOUNT - New Data Outlook File But...

Do not allow copy of file
Good morning! I have a 2003 excel file posted to a network drive in which users are to make daily entries. Is there a way to protect this file from being copied to one's hard drive, or to the network? With 2 copies running, users think they are entering data into the master file, but are only putting it into the copy. Duplicate serial numbers occurr and it turns into a disaster to merge the files. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Have a GREAT day! brenda If they are using the "copies" on their hard drive to simplyfy the steps it takes to get to th...

Allow changing of retail price when receiving a purchase order.
Sometimes suppliers change prices, necessitating a rise in retail price to maintain margin. POS Manager should display both the margin and retail price when receiving purchase orders, and allow retail prices to be changed at that point. Currently, unless I am missing something, we must manually call up each item and navigate to the retail price field to update it. Having this all on the PO receiving screen would greatly speed bringing things into inventory while maintaining margin. That helps keep us in business so we can continue being Microsoft customers! Some folks might not want to...

Locate a list of Primary Contacts
Hi I would like send a mailer to a number of accounts based upon filter criteria. As I have many contacts for each of these accounts I only want to send the mailer to the primary contact for each. The contacts addresses may differ from the Account address. Is there a way to locate these records? Thanks Out of box v1.2 Advance Find will not able to help you on this filter. You may want to try c360's Search Pac: http://www.c360.com/SearchPac.aspx Other options: 1. wait for v3.0 2. SDK Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com http://www.c360.com/SearchPac.aspx "Cozy&...

Finding the correct location for inserting node
Hi, Say for example I have this simple XSD: <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/po.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/po.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="purchaseOrder" type="PurchaseOrderType"/> <xs:element name="comment" type="xs:string"/> <xs:complexType name="PurchaseOrderType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="shipTo" type="xs:string"/> ...

QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)
Hi All, I have added the 'document location' to my QAT, but it is so short (narrow) that hardly anything shows up. How do you expand the QAT itself or the 'Document Location' to make it wider and show more of the full path / URL? Thanks, -- Alan. The views expressed are my own, and not those of my employer or anyone else associated with me. My current valid email address is: 1bupdvc02@sneakemail.com This is valid as is. It is not munged, or altered at all. It will be valid for AT LEAST one month from the date of this post. If you are trying to contact me after tha...

PowerPoint can't locate Microsoft Office Word
I am using MS-Office 2007. All components are registered. When I try to publish my PPT to MS-Word I get the message "PowerPoint can't locate Microsoft Office Word. Make sure that Microsoft Office Word is properly installed on your computer." How can I correct this problem? Have you tried running the Microsoft Diagnostics to see if does not fix the problem -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Jerry B" <JerryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD435D9C-6617-4A51-A012-3083B61B8257@microsoft.com... > I am using MS-Of...

tools>options> cannot change file locations
Hi, I recently moved to a new computer. I transferred my MS Office settings from the old computer to the new one. I had set the Autorecover save location for an excel file on a different partition on the old PC. The file opens fine on the new computer but under Tools>Options> when I try clicking on any of the tabs, I get an error message that the partition cannot be found! So everytime it tries to save an autorecover version, it cannot and gives an error message, and does not allow me to change the location! I was wondering if there was another way to change the location of the ...

530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try authenticating
I can't send messages to other e-mails but I do receive e- mails. The error message is: "530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try authenticating" I'll aprreciate anyones help. Thanks - Pilar. You need to authenticate to your SMTP server in your account properties. If you aren't sure how to do this, contact your ISP - Pilar wrote: > I can't send messages to other e-mails but I do receive e- > mails. The error message is: > > "530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try > authenticating" > > I'll aprrecia...

Formatting in formulas not allowed before commas
If I format a formula with carriage returns and spaces for clarity, any carriage returns or spaces right before a comma are removed by Excel. For example, if I do this: (Yes, I realize this formula doesn't make sense; it's just a simple example to illustrate the problem.) =IF( OR( TRUE,TRUE ) ,TRUE,TRUE ) As soon as press Enter, Excel changes it to this: =IF( OR( TRUE,TRUE ),TRUE,TRUE ) That happens with carriage returns right before commas, spaces right before commas, and any combi...

Allow quantity discounts to have a "Sell X for Y price", 3 for $5
Right now discounts only allow for specific price breaks or reductions. It should be more simple than that, it should allow the user to enter a discount where if an item is sold in multiples as indicated in the discount a specific price is allowed. In an example an item regularly sells for $1.99 but you want to be able to sell 3 for $5.00. In RMS you can't do this. You have to create a discount of a quantity of 3 at $1.66 which when rung sells as $4.98 and there is no way to extend the decimal place for the prices entered in a discount such as $1.6663 in order to get a rollover....

"No more new fonts allowed in workbook" Can't add graph
I'm copying and pasting graphs in Excel then changing data source. Saves time instead of generating a new graph each time. Now I get above error - won't allow me to copy/paste graphs any more. Can't even change a font size in an existing graph. Why? How fix? This article may help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Larry G" <Larry G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD912B9-1411-496...

how do I hyperlink excel to a specific location in a PDF?

I want Excel to allow cells with formulas and unrelated text
Recently, while trying to create a calendar in Excel (I realize that there are better ways), I was using a formula to get the calendar to display the date. I would type in the first few dates (at least 7) and then I typed =([Cell#] + 7) from there I would copy and paste that, and it would work for the rest of the month. However, I realized my error when I actually tried to insert text, such as events and things to do, in the same cells. What I would like is for Excel to allow cells to have both formulas and text as well in the same cell. That way, I could have my date and eat it too...