What does _v0000 mean on the name box?

I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which
have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1' in
the Name box and my code could access them because
Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures that
when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression
Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not
recognizing that as a picture.
Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those
identified with _v0000 pertain to?
Thanks !

0
Martn (2)

"Shapes" or "DrawingObjects" can probably access it.

--
Jim
"Martn" <Martn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which
| have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1'
in
| the Name box and my code could access them because
| Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures
that
| when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression
| Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not
| recognizing that as a picture.
| Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those
| identified with _v0000 pertain to?
| Thanks !

0
jrrech (1933)
10/7/2005 2:57:19 PM
thanks, Jim.
DrawingObjects worked!

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> "Shapes" or "DrawingObjects" can probably access it.
>
> --
> Jim
> "Martn" <Martn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which
> | have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1'
> in
> | the Name box and my code could access them because
> | Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures
> that
> | when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression
> | Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not
> | recognizing that as a picture.
> | Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those
> | identified with _v0000 pertain to?
> | Thanks !

0
Martn (2)

Combo Box Rowsource property
Deer Friends I want to set Rowsource property of combo box while using command button in my form By default rowsource of combo is based on querry I want to modify this querry providing modifying criteria given for one of the field Actually I want to filter the values in the row source of the combo box Please advise ramesh shetty See: Limit content of combo/list boxes at: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm I guess some of us do like venison. :-) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Re...

#Name problem
While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name appears in all cells. Thanks for the help Add-in? If the function is not available, it returns the #NAME? error ...Make sure you have installed and load the add-in and also you have spelled the function correctly. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Senthil Ganesh" wrote: > While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name > appears in all cells. > Thanks for the help ...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

What does this mean?
In Bills and Deposits, a ~ is occuring after the name of one bill? How do I get rid of it? Thanks. It means you've set the amount as varying in the scheduled transaction. "Marty" <mboggs@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:uyAtYZrvFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > In Bills and Deposits, a ~ is occuring after the name of one bill? How do I > get rid of it? Thanks. > > It means that you have set the bill as fluctuating and the amount shown in the bill & deposit window is an estimate. Go into the settings for that bill and make it a fixed amount. T...

What does this error mean: GetRuntimeClass
I linked my program to some code I downloaded from www.codeproject.com. When I linked my program I get the following two errors. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? SS_TrayIcon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall SS_Wnd::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@SS_Wnd@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) SS_Wnd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall SS_Wnd::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@SS_Wnd@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClas...

Linking a cell and a sheet name
How do I link a cell to the sheet name. When I enter the name of a client I want that sheet be also named. I can quickly scan the sheet on a woorkbook and go directly to the desided client. Mike, You can paste the code below into the sheet module for the sheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then ' are we in client name cell? If ActiveSheet.Name = Sheet1.Name Then ' in case of grouped sheets ActiveSheet.Name = Target.Value End If End If Replace A1 with the name of your Client Name c...

what does this mean?
This item contains active content and cannot be displayed in this reading pane. It means the sender has used scripting in the message and Outlook is blocking it in the Reading Pane. You would have to open the message to see the scripting properly, but if you don't know what it is, it may be a good idea not to do this. Depending on your security settings, Outlook may block the content even if you do open the message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

What does _v0000 mean on the name box?
I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1' in the Name box and my code could access them because Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures that when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not recognizing that as a picture. Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those identified with _v0000 pertain to? Thanks ! "Sha...

List box not being displayed in second worksheet
I have created a workbook with two worksheets. The first sheet has a drop down list box (created from the control toolbox) and a command button. This drop down list will be used to select a custom view for the second sheet based on the selection in the list. The sheet also contains a text box with a title. I have a second sheet that contains a large table and on the top part of the sheet I have freezed the panes and have included another drop down list box and command button. When I make a selection in the first worksheet to open up a custom view of the second sheet, the second shee...

a 'boxless' group box
Dear All, Amidst all the examples out there which shows how to derive your own CStatic class to implement the 'boxless' group separator (as we often see on MS Office Option Dialogs--a header followed by a horizontal bevelline), I would like to ask whether there's a 'proper' way of using/creating such a control. Please advice. Many thanks, Isa Isa wrote: >Dear All, > >Amidst all the examples out there which shows how to derive your own CStatic >class to implement the 'boxless' group separator (as we often see on MS >Office Option Dialogs--a h...

Saving an excel file without it amending the name of file name
I enter new data in excel and when i save it it remaes itself by putting copy of infront of the name of the file. I use this on a daily basis so i will have lots of files called copy of and then when i save again its says copy of copy ...

Favourites button
Just upgraded to office 2003. What happened to the Favourites button that used to be on the LHS of the file open dialog box? Dear Microsoft. Please consider putting it back. That left hand side of the File|open (and file|saveas) has been enhanced. You can put any folder that you want over there--and that folder can contain shortcuts to other folders. Do File|Open Find that folder that you want to add to the left hand side and select it. then click Tools|Add to my places Aussie CPA wrote: > > Just upgraded to office 2003. > What happened to the Favourites button that used to...

when you sort named cells, the names do not follow the values
if you have an array of named cells, when you sort them the names stay in the same absolute coordinates even though their value changes place as it should. Is this a bug, because it does not seem logical to me. What can be done about it ? Claude ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Customize Report Name
I have a report which is sent as an attachment dynamically when cmdUpdate_click event occurs. I would like to customize the title of the report to include the flightdate and platform fields i.e. Summary-747-08/13/07. I have been able to change the subject to match the info. But I would like the actual report to be able to be saved immediately by the recipient so the document name is important! -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M ...

How do I get the name and company name to print on an envelope?
When trying to print a single envelope, How do I pull the name and company name from contacts to enter? Right now, it will only pull the person's name. There must be an envelopes default or something that I can change. This is a Word question, not an Outlook question. To learn about ways to control how an Address is inserted into Word from Outlook, take a look here: Word 2000/2002: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q134901 Word 2003/2007: http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm -- Russ Valentine "...

OWA
in OWA, when i open an email and double-click on a display name (either who sent the email or recipient) to open the email properties dialog box, the display name shows but the email address is empty (or blank). so if i were to right-click on the display name to add to my contacts, the email address property is blank. this use to work in the past as that is how i add new external contacts to my address book. does anyone know how to resolve this issue? please help. thanks. ...

Error message refers to Name that can't be found
I have a spreadsheet that another person created. When I go to save the spreadsheet I get this message: "The name, CLE1, either conflicts with a valid range reference or is invalid for Excel. The name has been replaced with _CLE1. You may still need to manually update any references to this name used in VBA code or as text arguments in functions. You must close and reopen the workbook before these changes take effect." I've looked all through the spreadsheet and find nothing even remotely related to this name. I check macros (none), VBA code, and hidden rows / ...

Show a login dialog box before the main application
Hi I want to show a login dialog box before the main SDI app (CFormView). I dont even the see the dialog box and the main app runs in the background Now here is the code ,Where I am missing ?Can anyone point the error? CMyWinApp ::InitInstance() { ... ... ... // The one and only window has been initialized, so show and update it m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); //int i = AfxMessageBox(_TEXT("HEllo"),MB_OK,0); CLoginDlg login; if(login.DoModal() ==IDOK ) { m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); } // ca...

sheet names
What returns the name of a worksheet in a workbook if you are in the workbook. for instance: findit(1) gives the name of sheet 1. Thanks John "John" wrote: > What returns the name of a worksheet in a workbook > if you are in the workbook. > for instance: findit(1) gives the name of sheet 1. Try this technique, from a post by Harlan Click Insert > Name > Define Put under "Names in workbook:": WSN Put in the "Refers to:" box: =MID(CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1")),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1...

Programmatically setting a Form's Name
According to the MSDN Library, a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Form object's Name property (or .Properties("Name").Value) is read/write. Were this true, it would make creating and saving a Form quite straightfoward. Unfortunately, when I actually try to set the Name property from code (.NET 2.something), I'm presented with an "unhandled COMException" informing me that "This property is read-only and can't be set." Nothing I've been able to find in the MSDN Library, or any forums, addresses this. The version of Access in question is 2003 (1...

how do I change the name
I'm sharing a flat and presently the same computer. I joined Virgin and I'm able to get mail etc. I got a list of their newsgroups that I wanted to subscribe to and sent some postings. The responses i got were very helpful but the name that is given is who I'm sharing with and the email address is an old Freeserve account that he had ages ago and had to stop using due to spam. He joined Freeserve again the day before I joined Virgin. I'm using Outlook. How do I get the newsgroups that I'm subscribing to to use my own name which I've given to Virgin? And why did i get a...

Segment names in FRx
We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit unions and using this info for monitoring. We have set ourselves up as the company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches). I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic info (certain accounts). I can create this report so that each credit union is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such Name TotalAssets Acct 2 Acct 3 credit union 1 credit union 2 .... If I try to output this info to excel then I get all t...

1 Exchange Svr, Multiple Domains, one named mailbox
Scenario: I have 1 Exchange 2003 server with multiple MX record domains pointing to it. For an example, domaina.com, domainb.com, domainc.com. I need to have a support@domaina.com and support@domainb.com and support@domainc.com. All these emails will be used from separate OU's. How can I accomplish this with just one AD Server? Recipient Policies. On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:12:38 GMT, mrhyd3 <mrhyd3@gmail.com> wrote: > >Scenario: > >I have 1 Exchange 2003 server with multiple MX record domains pointing >to it. For an example, domaina.com, domainb.com, doma...

File name to be printed in "STATUS" update
Hello Dear, I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. However, the status update that I recieve does not give me the file name. Please advise how to set up the file name to be printed in status update. Thank you Majid Hello Sweetheart, What status update are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Majid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34e001c4aad1$6fcd7880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello Dear, > I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. > However, the status update that I recieve does...

multiple pull down boxes
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. The first worksheet is a form that relies on the other worksheets The third worksheet has a long list of job numbers with descriptions and the persons name who opened the job. What I would like to do on the first worksheet ( form ) Is have a pull down box that contains the names of the people opening the jobs. I would like the selection from this list select only those jobs that he or she opened. Then in a second pull down box (limited to only the job numbers that the person selected by the first pull down ) be able to see a list of the job numb...