what does it mean when the date is nothing but #######?

I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not showing
the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it isn't
doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?
0
Ninabean (4)

It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904
date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem.

--
Ian
--
"Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not
>showing
> the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it
> isn't
> doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?

0
me1 (409)
9/12/2005 1:48:17 PM
It didn't do anything! What next?

"Ian" wrote:

> It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904
> date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem.
>
> --
> Ian
> --
> "Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not
> >showing
> > the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it
> > isn't
> > doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 1:57:04 PM
Try making the column a little wider or the font smaller...

--
coreman
coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27160

that didn't work either

"Stephen Bullen" wrote:

> Hi Ninabean,
>
> Make the column wider?
>
> Regards
>
> Stephen Bullen
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> Professional Excel Development
> The most advanced Excel VBA book available
> www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 2:57:03 PM
I figured it out...Thanks!

"coreman" wrote:

> Try making the column a little wider or the font smaller...
>

> --
> coreman
> coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27160
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466785

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 3:21:01 PM
Hi Ninabean,

Make the column wider?

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

What was the problem

--
corema
coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2716
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46678

Formula for calc diff between two julian dates
Looking for the formula for calc diff between two julian dates. Worksheet is as follows: J-2 = order date K-2 = receive date L-2 = Lag time :confused -- saltr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- saltrm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2862 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48288 DateDiff("d", "J2", "K2") "saltrm" wrote: > > Looking for the formula for calc diff between two julian dates. > > Worksheet is as follows: >...

What does this error mean: GetRuntimeClass
I linked my program to some code I downloaded from www.codeproject.com. When I linked my program I get the following two errors. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? SS_TrayIcon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall SS_Wnd::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@SS_Wnd@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) SS_Wnd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall SS_Wnd::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@SS_Wnd@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClas...

extract date from the most current date
Hi I want to pull data from various spreadsheets but only for the current date. For example I have a numerous spreadsheets that contains data for 4/1, 4/2, 4/3...etc. This data is inputted daily for each date. There is specific data that I would like to pull from the most current date and so on into the future only getting data from the current date. I want to run a macro that pulls data from the most current date of each excel spreadsheet or automate the excel spreadsheet to pull from the most current date. Is this at all possible? ...

Dates in templates
I want to change my normal template so the header displays the new document creation date without updating. That is, when I create a new document, the date should be the date the document is created, but does not get updated every time I open the document. When I use the createdate field, the date displayed is the date the template was created, not the new document! If you've put a CreateDate field in your template, then that's the best you can do, short of a macro (which I think would be overkill). When you update fields (with F9 or by printing or switching to Print Prev...

Date Calculation
I have two fields in a query: "Date Completed" (mm/dd/yyyy) and "Time Used (hours)" (nn.n). I am trying to calculate a third "Date Started" that I want in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Assuming an eight-hour day, I am trying to use the expression [Date Completed] - [Time Used (hours)]/8, but I can't figure out which Date/Time functions to use to convert my dates and hours to the same units to do the calculation and then convert back to a date again. I am using Access 2007 and am not very competent with it. Thank you in advance for your help. One ...

Date autocomplete (XP)
Is there a way to turn it off ? Seems it only fires when i copy&paste bunch of tables from word.document through VBA (and there isn't any trailing '.' in the date, like 16.02.) . ? ...

What does this mean?
In Bills and Deposits, a ~ is occuring after the name of one bill? How do I get rid of it? Thanks. It means you've set the amount as varying in the scheduled transaction. "Marty" <mboggs@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:uyAtYZrvFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > In Bills and Deposits, a ~ is occuring after the name of one bill? How do I > get rid of it? Thanks. > > It means that you have set the bill as fluctuating and the amount shown in the bill & deposit window is an estimate. Go into the settings for that bill and make it a fixed amount. T...

what does this mean?
This item contains active content and cannot be displayed in this reading pane. It means the sender has used scripting in the message and Outlook is blocking it in the Reading Pane. You would have to open the message to see the scripting properly, but if you don't know what it is, it may be a good idea not to do this. Depending on your security settings, Outlook may block the content even if you do open the message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

Force date/deadline
In MS Project, when you force a date/deadline, the “automatically calculate” feature is turned off. How can I reverse this and force “auto calculate” back on? We are trying to use MS Project as a trade-off tool. The data is fed from Access into MS Project and is “forcing” dates to be held true in MS Project. Does anyone know how to feed durations and a project start date into MS project instead of all dates and essentially turning off the “auto calculate” feature? Maybe you're feeding the wrong data from Access? Why don't you simply export Predecessors/Successo...

What does _v0000 mean on the name box?
I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1' in the Name box and my code could access them because Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures that when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not recognizing that as a picture. Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those identified with _v0000 pertain to? Thanks ! "Sha...

How to parse the date of a date serial..ex 28 out of 7/28/2004 23:12:00
Guyz how can i parse out only the "date" from a date serial in VBA ? for eg : SomeFunction(7/28/2004 23:12:00) gives me the number 28 thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I assume you meant day instead of date by your example. If so, use: Dim i as Integer Dim dat as Date dat = "7/28/2004 23:12:00" i = Day(dat) MsgBox i It should give 28 as an answer. You can also use it in a cell using: =Day(A1) Where A1 is a date. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com keeni thanks a ton you have been a great help god bless you :) sorab -...

Day and Date Autofill
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2007 I want to autofill Column A with day and date information. I only want Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. When I enter the day and date for Tuesday in A1 and for Wednesday in A2 and for Thursday in A3, I don't seem to be able to repeat that pattern. Selecting those three cells and then using the autofill handle give me one of two results, neither of which is what I want. I either get the same three day and dates repeated (instead of getting the subsequent week's date information) or I get the rest of the week filled in (Friday, Saturday, S...

Matching Dates Problem
I have a date field in a report (data type is medium date i.e. 20- Feb-08) and a date control on a form (also in medium date format). I am trying to filter the report by date according to the date the user enters on the form. My problem is that when a user enters a date in the form control, the report is not filterd by that date, even though the dates and format are the same among the two documents. I have noticed in my VBA code that the date captured from the form control is given as "02/20/08" instead of "20-Feb-08". I am not sure if this is the problem but regardless,...

what does this mean??
Account: 'mail.peakrentals.com', Server: 'mail.peakrentals.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 It means you have enabled an option the server does not support. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not = enabled.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Caleb"...

date
Hello When I enter "1-Nov" cell changes to 11-Jan. How do I get the cell to stay as 1-Nov. Thanks suggest format as d-mmm and use 11/1 as your entry or use text to do it your way. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jack" <dmmclean@rogers.com> wrote in message news:cICdnSnW16n91RPcRVn-jA@rogers.com... > Hello > When I enter "1-Nov" cell changes to 11-Jan. How do I get the cell to stay > as 1-Nov. > > Thanks > > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:07:55 -0500, "Jack" <dmmclean@rogers.com> wrote: >Hello >...

message date verification
Is there a way to check the source code of an Outlook e- mail to find the actual date the message was created? Could someone create a message today but edit the source code to say it was created earlier, then send it to me and I wont be able to tell the difference? Thanks, Bill ...

check date if it falls within a month
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. What i am trying to do here is to be able to tell if the entered date by a user is valid in a sense that it still falls within the range of a month. For example, users might by accident enter in 29/02/2010 when there was no such date in the calendar. I want to be able to write a code to check the date before proceeding any further. The other problem I am having is since the date field is of type date/time, everytime trying to put in 29/02/2010 in the textbox, Access will change it into 2029/02/10 automatically. I c...

System Date while year end closing inventory
I just ran the year end closing for inventory while the system date was set to 1/8/2008. Nothing else has been posted to the new year. What effects and should I restore from backup and change the date? We did this in a previous year end close of AR and AP with nothing posted. There were no issues. -- Thanks Titan "tstrop" wrote: > I just ran the year end closing for inventory while the system date was set > to 1/8/2008. Nothing else has been posted to the new year. What effects and > should I restore from backup and change the date? ...

What does this mean ?
Hi, I was referring to the MSDN site. I saw one conflict over there.. Visiting this page, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_hierarchy_chart_categories.asp I see Synchronization category written under CObject derived classes and in the category named Classes not derived from CObject, I also see Synchronization category. What this mean ? Are some classes of Synchronization category derived from CObject and some are not ? Please clarify or is this just mistake ? Regards, Jigar Mehta "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> ...

Tally the figures acquired from the same date
Hi, I am working on a spreadsheet with electricity meter reading throughout a year. The reading were taken multiple times on one day. I tried everything i know to works out the monthly average of the electricity usage but i failed. I managed to flag the day and month on each figure and thats as far as I go so far. Can anyone think of a formula to do the task. An extract of the spreadsheet: day Mth Yr Time V_Ave_PC6 9 9 2008 18:00:00 244.3 9 9 2008 18:30:00 243.4 9 9 2008 19:00:00 243.7 9 9 2008 19:30:00 241.9 9 9 2008 20:00:00 242.6 10 9 2008 20:30:00 242.4 10 9 2008 21:00:00...

I am looking for a date add-in using a calendar
I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and you can choose what ever date you want. This is a fantastic idea for a VBA project. You should re-post in the Programming group. -- Gary's Student "Elf_chick" wrote: > I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in > each and every one, ...

Filter in between dates
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I have a list of patients who were on a particular therapy and in a certain unit. Many where on the therapy in other units before getting transferred or on the therapy after they left. I need to find the patients who started on a therapy after they arrived in a unit and who were off the therapy before they left the unit. My Date units show me Date and Time in the same field. They are named.. PtLocStDtTm PtLocEndDtTm PtThpyStDtTm PtThpyEndDtTm Thanks, Linda If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...

Date selection from form VBA
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to run an append query with a criteria on a date/time field based on a start and end date-time that I compose in VBA on a form. The query has for criteria on the date/time field: >=[Forms]![oneoclock]![Startdt] And <=[Forms]![oneoclock]![Enddt] In the form VBA, as an example: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim Startdt As String Dim Enddt As String Dim dummy As String Dim stSocName As String dummy = "31/10/2007" Startdt = dummy & " 09:00:00" Enddt = dummy & " 09:15:59" stDocName = "pull_test" D...

What does the Below mean
Hi all would greatly appreciate any form of help on the below. It's in one of my spreadsheets & am trying to work it out. Currently the sheet States March thou on the address bar it's got the below Formula. I don't now what it means & i'd like to change March into April. There is no spreadsheet named Index or Global Input sheet???Am very lost would love some help, & explanation as to what it means & does.. Cheers Will =INDEX('Global Input Sheet'!D12:D23,reportperiod)&" " -- william4444 -------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2000
How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. TIA Are you selecting the area where the data is before you try sorting it? "h" <henryn@gri.co.uk> wrote in message news:0d7601c3722f$64ef4e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... : How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try : nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. : TIA ...