What are AutoComplete default settings? Can I change them?

I am making a text list down 1 column of at least 1000
rows.  I need Excel to continue to scan all entries for
duplicate text.  Does anyone know how many rows above
and/or below an entry, does Excel do the AutoComplete and
highlight the duplicate entry? Is it changeable ie: if
Excel scans for 100 rows, can it be changed to scan 1000
rows?

Thanks!

Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo
possible solution

default information store
in MS Outlook 2002 Help under the topic "About data files" it's stated: You can save, copy, and move a data file (other than the file used as your default information store) to another location on your hard disk, to a floppy disk, or to a share on the network. is there a trick to have my xxx.pst file located where I'm pleased? On 10/22/2003 4:56 PM, Miso wrote: > in MS Outlook 2002 Help under the topic "About data files" > it's stated: You should be able to do everything you need in Control Panel -> Mail. You can set up a new Outlook Profile a...

A2002: Set Options
In Czech version of Access we have VBA EN with EN menus, help, etc. In most cases it's not a problem. But I need strings for GetOption/SetOption method. It's very uncomfortable to write down those strings from the Option tabs. Where could I get Czech tranlation of "Set Options from Visual Basic" help? Thx for the idea & the link. The translator cannot be used.The translator:Show Status Bar => Ukazovat Spolecenske postaveni Piscina (non-sence & quite funny for status bar) :-DMS Access:Show Status Bar => Zobrazit stavovy radekVladoI have removed diacritics from s...

Outlook 2003, change Exchange profile without loosing PSTs configuration
Hi, My company choose to consolidate our exchange servers, In my branch office, i need to reconfigure My outlook 2003 users in this manner : Old config : Echange in my domain, with my username as mailbox With or Without PST(s) New one : Exchange in another domain, without any trust User is not my username but X00456 Need same PST(s) (i know that my users need to do a second authentication) when i use a PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append, it don't work ( the old exchange mailbox is open, nothing seems to be changed) Tested on different computers [General] Custom=1 DefaultProfile=Yes O...

Default distributions
Does anyone know where I can find information on the order in which GL accounts default into a transaction? For example, if I'm posting a sales invoice with distributions assigned on both the item and the customer level, which takes precedence? Thanks, Barbara Nevermind. I figured out that we're set up to post from the Customer data in SOP set-up. "Bbehen" wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find information on the order in which GL > accounts default into a transaction? For example, if I'm posting a sales > invoice with distributions assigned...

How to Set Default Margins and Tabs for Outlook 2007?
I have Office 2003 and use Word 2003 for the editor. When I start a new e-mail, the margins and tabs on that page are identical to the defaults set in Word's Normal template (normal.dot). That works great. On the 2nd computer, I have Office 2007 and Word 2007. Even though I modified the margins and tabs in Word's normal template (normal.dotm), those settings don't translate to my e-mail messages. How can I modify the new message margins and tabs in Outlook 2007? I am using the default stationary (None) in both programs. Thanks, Jim outlook 2007 does n...

Change spelling check language in Excel 97
I want to change the spelling check language in an Excel 97 How to do this -- bwetpdpa Don't know about 97 but in 2000 it would be... Tools / Spelling / Dictionary Language HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com Please rate this posting if it is helpful to you. "bwetpdpa" wrote: > > I want to change the spelling check language in an Excel 97 > How to do this? > > > -- > bwetpdpa > ...

setting up a budget
Need an accountant for this one I think. Where do I find how to set up a monthly withdrawal from my IRA in Money? I don't have my investment accounts added to the program yet so my Money does not "see" them. Also I have a taxable account with a cash balance and want to "budget" (using the budget feature) a monthly transfer of funds from it to my checking account. Money thinks this is "income" and it is not. How do I put that in? thanks for all your help. if you need more info,I'll supply. Max As to Q1, unfortunately Money can only schedule inves...

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

Converting from the DOS OEM to Windows ANSI character sets
Hi, I'm creating a database which has a VBA module to read a number of records in from a old DOS based file (which uses the old DOS OEM characterset), and fill an Access 2000 table with the data. However, Windows (and Access 2000) use the ANSI character set. The StrConv function only seems to convert from ANSI <-> Unicode, and a few other specialized charsets (Far East). But they do not appear to handle OEM at all. How can I convert (using only Access 2000/VBA; I cannot rely on 3-rd party or external utilities) this data from DOS OEM to ANSI? (So far, the only thing I can co...

default workbook
I created my own toolbar and that's the only toolbar I want to see on startup. I overwrote Book.xlt in XLSTART. However, whenever I start Excel 2003, the Standard toolbar keeps coming back. How do I lose it for the default? thanks I'm trying to reproduce your steps but I'm not getting the Standard toolbar at startup. Here were my steps: 1. Create custom toolbar dock it 2. Uncheck Standard and Formatting toolbars 3. Exit Excel 4. Reopen Excel and all I see is my custom toolbar. What steps did you use? "shank" wrote: > I created my own toolbar and that's ...

Can Money Handle 2 stage authentication?
Hi all, been trying to find out more about money and how it connects to different banks and institutions. Tried both my CC and checking account at my bank (which was listed) but it keeps telling me the username and password on file are different then the ones i specificed in money. i know my bank has started using 2 factor authentication and am wondering if this is causing an issue for money, i know the username and passwords are correct (changed passwords just to make sure) but still recieving the error about them being wrong. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gT2xpdmVy?= <kevi...

How can I adjust numbering?
I have three groups, 4A, 4B and 4E. In my form I would like to be able to number the entries 4A-1, 4A-2, etc and 4B-1, 4B-2 etc for each of the three groups. The data is being pulled from two tables, one called Journal Entries (where the numbering would need to reside) and the other Journal Entry Details where the details for each form resides. any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. -- Lori A. Pong How are you to determine which 4A is ti be 4A-1 and which is 4A-2? What is the field name(s)? Do you want a permament change? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Lori" w...

ie8 default search provider
when i downloar ie8 it makes bing my default search provider and will not let me change it. how can i do that? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Did you happen install the 'MSN Optimized' version of IE8? Is MSN/Bing or Windows Live Toolbar installed? Are you an MSN Premium subscriber with a dial-up connect? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 ...

Can't remove Hotmail Folders from Outlook 2003
I recently decided to download my hotmail emails directly through my pop3 account. I tried to delete the hotmail http email account that I had setup. The account was removed from my list of accounts but pst file is still there and it refuses to be closed on my list of open personal folders. I know that I could create a new profile and then just use that profile but involves a exporting a rather large file and resetting up a whole bunch of email accounts and options. I figure it's a registry problem but I hesitate to just blindly pull out all references to that email account. ...

Recipient update service set to a decommissioned server..
Folks I have a problem on an installation I have just "inherited" where the recipient update service is set to a decommissioned server... As such I can't seem to be able to change it through the GUI - it times out with an "RPC Server in unavailable" when trying to set the correct server. What would be by best course of action to solve this ? This is a Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP2 site. Any pointer / suggestion most welcome Regards -alexT On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:54:58 -0800 (PST), AlexT <google@atc.ch> wrote: >I have a problem on ...

Overriding default SBS 2008 policies
We have an SBS 2008 located at one site of a multi-site network connected via site-to-site VPN tunnels. I added a group policy that explicitly allowed Remote Desktop through the Windows firewall for the three subnets involved. However, the SBS 2008 canned Windows XP Policy lists "localsubnet" only and took precedence over my group policy. This prevented me from making RDP connections across the VPN. I edited the canned policy directly to substitute my own preferences, but will SBS 2008 erase that the next time a wizard is run? Could I get the desired effect in some b...

Can't apply Cash Reciepts if currency ID is different from functio
Hi I am trying to do a cash reciept to a customer who is a USD account, when entering the sale the functional amount was the NZD amount and the orignating amount is the USD amount. When we try to enter a cash reciept we enter the customer who's currency ID is USD and as soon as the currency ID changes to USD and we go to enter the amount both the auto apply and apply buttons are greyed out. If we change the currency ID to NZD we can click on the apply button but none of the posted sales transactions appear in the window for us to select. Any ideas? Cheers Michelle If you try ...

Can I change Excel default settings (two issues)
Issue #1: (Row height) I always want my row height to be 20.0, but Excel 97 at work is set by default to 12.75, and the Excel 2003 at home is at 13.5. Am I stuck with that? Do I *always* have to manually change to 20, or is there some way I can change the default height to 20? Issue #2: (Text Import Wizard) Step 3 of the Text Import Wizard defaults to "General" in regard to the "Column Data Format". I *always* want to use "Text". Must I always select the columns and switch to text, or is there some way I can instruct Excel to default to the "...

GetSaveFileName problem: can't get selected filter and put default name
I am using OPENFILENAME and GetSaveFileName to let user save a document out. However, the default name won't show up in the dialog and the selected filter can't be obtained (always got the default one) after the dialog is dismissed. Any hint is highly appreciated! Leo OPENFILENAME ofn; TCHAR defDir[MAX_PATH]; TCHAR filePath[MAX_PATH]; TCHAR* title = _T("Save"); ZeroMemory(&ofn, sizeof(OPENFILENAME)); filePath[0] = _T('\0'); DWORD len = MAX_PATH; DWORD flags = OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST|OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST|OFN_HIDEREADONLY; ofn.lStructSize = sizeof(...

how do i set up outlook to use my yahoo mail box
i have been trying to set up outlook 2003 to read my mail from yahoo but i am not able to connect to the mail server any help would be appreciated. What happens when you try and have you followed the directions from Yahoo's help site? Might help in diagnosing your issue(s) "Betre" <Betre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DB4AEB-D230-4774-BB3F-7E77CF02491D@microsoft.com... > i have been trying to set up outlook 2003 to read my mail from yahoo but > i > am not able to connect to the mail server any help would be appreciated. Betre wrote: ...

Can I seperate Text and Numbers from one cell, and drop into two cells?
I have a row of 1,400 entries, each is in the form: "Some number" - "Some Text description" e.g.: 450938-Magic Marker Blue 38272-Crayon Yellow 3888490-Lead Pencil etc I want to pull the numbers out of the cell and drop into their ow cell, but without tediously going through each cell and retyping, cannot think of an alternate method. The only pattern here is that each set of numbers is between 5 and 1 characters, and that the text description is separated by a hyphe "-". Any ideas out there? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi shade...

Change my email address on outlook
How do I change my email address with outlook express? Corina <Corina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I change my email address with outlook express? 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup 2) Click Tools>Accounts and change what you like. -- Brian Tillman Try asking in the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup addresses issues with MS Office Outlook. "Corina" <Corina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B116CF85-034A-4418-8C22-24062D936555@microsoft.com... > How do I change my email address with outlook express? ...

Show In Groups Default
Having upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, every time I go to a folder for the first time, the "Show In Groups" item is checked. Is there a way to set the default to NOT show in groups, rather than having to do it manually for each folder? Thanks Edit the Messages view or define a new one you apply to the folder on first use. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "John Schneider" <JohnDONTSPAMME.Schneider@eWebITNOSPAM.Kom> wrote in...

Can anyone help me??
I want to insert a "drop-down" menu into a cell (a series of pre-defined responses) - does anybody know if this is possible? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DavidLilley wrote: > I want to insert a "drop-down" menu into a cell (a series of > pre-defined responses) - does anybody know if this is possible? David, You can use Data Validation to do this. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for details. "DavidLilley" <david@lilley1256.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message new...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...