Weird Save Problem

Dear All

I have created a pivot table in Excel 2000 and have to
send it to clients who have Excel 97. When I save the file
the speadsheet looses some formating (which I understand
is possble going from one version to another), however in
this example it saves the dropdown capabilities of the
PageFields but looses it for the the ColumnFields and
RowFields. Only when the RowField or ColumnField is
dragged to become a PageField, does the drop down exist.

Is the dropdown capability of the RowField or ColumnField
only available in Excel 2000?

Thanks again...

Alastair
0
anonymous (74717)

> Is the dropdown capability of the RowField or ColumnField
> only available in Excel 2000?

Looks like it, I'm afraid...

I'm using xl97, and can confirm this feature is *not* available in xl97.

--
Rgds
Max
"Alastair MacFarlane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All
>
> I have created a pivot table in Excel 2000 and have to
> send it to clients who have Excel 97. When I save the file
> the speadsheet looses some formating (which I understand
> is possble going from one version to another), however in
> this example it saves the dropdown capabilities of the
> PageFields but looses it for the the ColumnFields and
> RowFields. Only when the RowField or ColumnField is
> dragged to become a PageField, does the drop down exist.
>
> Is the dropdown capability of the RowField or ColumnField
> only available in Excel 2000?
>
> Thanks again...
>
> Alastair

0
demechanik (4694)

Help needed!
Hello everyone, I have a excel spread sheet containing approx 45,000 zip codes. When I apply a filter to one of the columns (to remove the data I don't need) I'm left with 22,000 records. Now how can I save a file which contains only the 22,000 rows/records I need?. I tried everything including copy and paste with no luck, certainly it must be possible? Thanks, Robert That's a puzzler... When I make a list, AutoFilter and confine my results to include onl part of the list, then select the entire list and Copy -> Paste into new sheet, only the values that are visible in...

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

How do I change a saved JPEG file?
I am having problems changing furniture, sizes, etc on a saved JPEG file. What am I doing wrong? On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:34:01 -0800, Chad <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems changing furniture, sizes, etc on a saved JPEG file. >What am I doing wrong? Jpeg files are just an image of the drawing you created in Visio. They aren't supposed to be edited. Edit the .vsd file you created in Visio ( I hope you saved in Visio format ). P.S. ( to the power s that be ) All the graphical formats would be best on an 'Export' menu. Save in most peopl...

problems with linked presentations...
I recently recieved instructions on how to put together a presentation that allowed a group of slides to loop and then had other presentations linked in to allow a flow from one presentation to the other, but when i send the presentation to others for them to view (and then when the meeting is taking place it will be viewd through live meeting, etc) the links do not update because they are found on my desktop. Is there anything I can do to allow others to view this presentations on a computer other than mine? Below is the link that provided me with instructions on how to create h...

Stopped letting me save .jpg attachments?
My Outlook Express stopped letting me save pictures from alt.binaries.pictures.rail as a .jpg file even when the attachment is a .jpg file. What did I change? Thanks Tom G. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inet...

Outlook Problem -- Closing itself down as soon as it is opened
I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the program it opens up, but then a second later closes down. Even the little icon in the system tray disappears. It doesn't happen each time I open the program but it is happening rather frequently. Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks, Jake Cripes, that's not even time enough to click on hotbabe.jpg.pif "Jake" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message news:%23H09oyhWEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the >...

Redraw problem
I have a dialog based app which has a row of buttons at the bottom of the client area and a slider just above the buttons. When the dialog window is re-sized I set the position of the buttons and a slider so that they are always at the bottom of the dialog's client area. This works OK except that if I resize the dialog vertically by dragging its top or bottom up and down repeatedly *rapidly*, the buttons and slider end up with fragments of other controls drawn across them. For example the slider has bits of the button text across it. I can't get rid of these fragments unless I forc...

excel file saves
I've created a fill and print form in Excel. The form contains a name field that we would like to use as the file name. Basically when we select save as it would go to the name box field and autofill the name on the save line. Example; P:/Work/Equipment/Jim Jones.xls P:/Work/Equipment/Robert Brown.xls You might want to try creating a macro called something like SpecialSave that contains the following code line ThisWorkbook.SaveAs ("a1") where A1 contains the text you want to use as the file name. Needless to say, you will need to use the same cell for the file name, u...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

cannot edit and save
hi, i am using excel 2000. i cannot edit and save a existing file. the file is not protected,not read only and not shared. when i open the file, a Microsoft excel window appear saying "File is locked. In order to save changes to the file, you can either close the file before making any changes and then re-open it, use Save As (File menu) to save the file using another filename, or turn off Shared Workbooks and then save the file." i try to clear the checkbox on the format cells>protection>Locked but still when i click save a window appear saying "Document not saved" ...

Sent mail saves in inbox folders
This is very strange and just started today. I have several folders set up for various email accounts. I have rules set up to filter the mail to right folder. All of a sudden today, Outlook, instead of saving sent items from one of the mailboxes is saving them in the folder for that account. I can't figure out what I did to change anything but this is a bit annoying. Not just the behavior, but not being able to figure out what I did. Any advice? TIA, Bob ...

Problem with Outlook #3
Yesterday I upgraded my Outlook Express to Version 6.0. Since I did this, when I try and bring it up, it asks for my password, then freezes up. After many tries,including rebooting several times, I gave up. This morning it did the same thing again. After the second try, it finally went in to my e-mail. I am sure that I will have problems again with it. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? I am going to leave my Outlook Express up, so I can read the responses. If I shut it down, I am not sure that I can pull it up. My e-mail is 1Combs1@comcast.net Hi, Cathy - This is a gr...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

excel save #2
i would like to creat a macro that will save a file automatically when pressed but without deleting the previous one. can anyone help -- Lins ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378390 What would you like to happen - always get the Save As dialog? To change the name of the previously saved version of the workbook? Something different? In article <Lins.1qio6c_1118585102.3933@excelforum-nosp...

Please someone save my sanity
Hi, I have a matrix as below that I want to chart using a line chart. want the empty cells to be ignored by the chart, so I can use the Hi-L bar option of the line chart type. X Y Z a 1 5 b 3 5 c 2 d 5 5 e 5 f 5 5 Unfortunately, the 'empty' cells are not really empty; they contain formula that returns an empty string: (e.g. =IF(LEN(B2)=0,"",B2). As a result, my chart is plotting these 'empty' cells as zeros, so th Hi-Lo bars are all dropping to zero. Anyone know how I can trick th chart into thinking the cells really are empty? Any help much appreci...

Out of Memory Problem
Dear Sir, I have Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition, it is running in windows server 2003 standard edition server. When I try to send a mail through outlook express/Microsoft Outlook, I get the following error message The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sankar.raja@prdcinfotech.com'. Subject 'Re: Test mail', Account: '192.168.0.200', Server: '192.168.0.200', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.3.1 Out of memory', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Err...

Calendar Reminder Pop Up Problems
I can't find an solution to this problem - if I'm not currently in Outlook when a reminder comes due it doesn't become my active window - it displays behind what I'm working on - therefore not making it a very good "reminder" - how do I get the popups to be the active windows. I using Outlook 2003 with XP I'm not sure this will do it but.. right click in the taskbar, select properties Clear or click (depending on what it is) "group similar taskbar buttons." >-----Original Message----- >I can't find an solution to this problem - if I&...

How do I auto-save my excel worksheet
I am trying to set up the auto-save in my worksheet, and all I can find is the auto-recover. Hi Autosave is not available for excel 2003. Since Excel 2002 Autorecovery is introduced within Excel. You my try: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "chelmail" <chelmail@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E287D3C-D213-4BFC-BB48-4F0AC71B20B7@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set up the auto-save in my worksheet, and all I can find is > the auto-reco...

Saving Excel 2000 Workbooks as Web Page
Hi all, I currently have about 1000 excel workbooks that I wish to save as webpages. Is there any easy way to do this without opening and saving each workbook indiviually? If so, any pointers would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.... ...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Problem with Office database #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am new to the MAC. On 9/20/09 9:37 AM, in article 59b7cdf1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cjtwms@officeformac.com" <cjtwms@officeformac.com> wrote: > Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the > database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am > new to the MAC. Are you using Entourage for your em...

Access 97 to 2000 Save Record greyed out
A friend has converted an Access 97 flat database to Access 2000. Some of the macros require that the current record is saved (e.g. before printing) but VB reports that that function is "no longer available", I've also noted that "Save Record" is permanently greyed out, even if the record is dirty. Closing the database with a new record results in that record being saved as expected. I've opened the DB in Access 2003 (at home) and it seems to work fine. Could this be a permissions issue? Any suggestions? -- Nigel Mercier ...

Re: No "Save As" options in Word 2000
It's been a long time, but I would like to re-open this (now expired) thread (see below) because the problem persists. IIRC the advice at the time was to repair the Office installation, which I did, but the repair didn't help. Any more ideas? Actually, what I would really like to do on this Windows 2000 machine (which I don't use on a regular basis, hence the delay in picking this thread up again), is to install Office 2003 (I actually bought an Office 2003 CD for this purpose), but the machine refuses to install it. Perhaps I should start a new thread for this...

Saving 2007 Access database as 2003
I am struggling to save a 2007 Access database as a 2003 database. What is confusing is that you have to be in it otherwise the option is greyed out, but when it shows the name of the database with the .mdb extension and I click on Save it gives a message with words to the effect of saying that I am in the database and the file cannot be saved when I am in it. Somewhere in the process it said that the file had to be closed and did I want that and I accepted that but nothing was closed in the process. Thank you for any help. What I have done is to create a blank .mdb database...