weight measurement Excel

I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot
work out how! thanks

Can you explain in detail how you wish to apply this?

--

HTH

RP

"edroberts77" <edroberts77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot
> work out how! thanks

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/16/2005 2:11:05 PM
well i have a column in a spreadsheet that indiates a users weight.  I want
the measurement to be in stones and pounds. so 14 pounds make up 1 stone. so
basically how do i apply a non metric format for weight?#

many thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Can you explain in detail how you wish to apply this?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "edroberts77" <edroberts77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot
> > work out how! thanks

Microsoft Visual Basic error while opening and closing Excel
When I open excel 2003, I get a Microsoft Visual Basic error: Module: AutoExecNew When I close excel I get: Compile error in hidden module: DistMon What should I do? Serge Blais Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "SB" <serge.blais@sasktel.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:10mhaacbblh8228@corp.supernews.com... > When I open excel 2003, I get a Microsoft Visual Basic error: > > Module: AutoExecNew > > When I close excel I get: > > Compile error in hidden module: DistMo...

Having problems navigating in Excel
My excel was working fine until now. When I try using my arrow keys to navigate right, left up or down it does not work properly The sheet moves in the direction I want it to go but the cursor stays on the original cell, I have to click on an actual cell to access it. I have done all the standard checking of all properties ect.. nothing works It's occuring globally Thanks Sounds like a number-lock and or scroll-lock problem. Make sure the number-lock is off and hit esc a few times to clear the scroll lock. >-----Original Message----- >My excel was working fine until no...

How to create Waterfall graph in excel (Vista)
Hi, Perhaps you mean Excel 2007 rather than Vista, which is the operating system. Anyway have a read of Jon's articles on Waterfall charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Leanne" <Leanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55EFF612-7635-4730-8F44-89C31E4251D7@microsoft.com... > Have you looked at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "...

getting excel to give me a 'time to leave' time.
You would think this fairly simple. I want to be able to plug in a 1)start time, a 2)lunch out time, 3) a lunch return time, and then have exel tell me the the time to leave for an 8hr day. The problem comes in trying to subtract the morning hours worked + lunch from a constant, the 8. If I can get that to work, then it should be fairly easy to add that onto the lunch return time to get a clock out time. Try =start_time+"8:00:00"+(lunch_in-lunch_out) HTH Bob "Kyle Hogan" <kylehogan@msn.com> wrote in message news:76a3e659-2b62-453e-a7e5-1ec7d3d93...

Excel function (within a function)
Hello, I have a function which creates a date (format = 07/08/04) and withi the function i would like to use WEEKNUM(). However you can not us functions within functions or can you -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26235 Hi you can. You may explain what you're trying to do exactly and also post your existing formula :-) >-----Original Message----- > >Hello, > >I ...

Use a measurement abbreviation in cell with formula
How can I format the cell to hold the amt to calculated with the measurement unit in the same cell? i.e. b27 needs to read 158 sq ft c27 is $ amt ($0.17) d27 is the formula =(b27*c27) When I enter in just the number 158 it calculates in d27 correctly, but when I add sq ft after 158, d27 shows an error message #VALUE! Thank you! Go to Fromat>Cells>Custom. In the type box, put ### "sq ft". The ### are placeholders for numbers. So the data entered into the cell will calculate and...

Access and Excel
We distribute a MS Access (97) application which references Excel's object model to import various spreadsheet content. This works well up to and including Excel 2003. In principle would there be any major problems using the app. on a 2007 Excel file ? and if so how could this be overcome. The Access app is being re-written in Access 2007, but this will be 6-9 months down the line. Regards Howard Myers Hi Howard, You will need to test it with your app. No one here can guess exactly what is in that app and therefore won't be able to tell you if there is going to be a problem. ...

Work menu in Excel?
Why ain't the work menu available in Excel? It doesn't make much sense if you ask me! Anyhow, any ideas as to how to implement this functionality? Cheer Th What is the "work menu"? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gryzor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F55548B-D5A1-433E-A68F-430D632D96C7@microsoft.com... > Why ain't the work menu available in Excel? It doesn't make much sense if you ask me! > > Anyhow, any ideas as to how to implement this ...

Excel Questions
Last night I was building a spreadsheet to track a project I'm working on. I'm writing a book, in fact, and I wanted to track progress by date and by chapter, with a few extra columns for things like total words written. It turned out to be fairly large, by my standards, some 30 columns by 200 rows. My first problem came with the totals column. I wanted to put the sum of columns E to Y in the Z column. Excel flagged an error every time, wanting to add columns C and D to the sum. Since C contained the date and D some other information, I was sure I didn't want them, but cou...

Weight Weight Weight
So if I want to give a weighted score/percentage.....how would I? For example, PEOPLE + REQUIRED OBSERVATIONS + WEIGHTED SCORE BASED ON TYPE OF SCORE = OVERALL SCORE/RANKING So.... If I have 3 types of observations.... If Type A = Hardest Type Type B = Average Type Type C = Easiest Type How do I weigh the QUALITY of their production? So...... 10 people x 6 observations each + Type B observations = ......... Hi! Only you can know how you want to weight them so you will have to b able to define in a suitably mathematical way how scores will b amended to recognise this weighting and by ...

How to remove weekends from chart in Excel 2007 ?
How to remove weekends from Horizontal Y (category) axis in Excel 2007 especially if my source column not have them. I checked all the options - I'm probably missing something here ? Please Help. Thks See response to your other post. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "GPS" <GPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D88F34-68DD-4EFA-932A-D45525FA1D01@microsoft.com... > > How to remove weekends from Horizontal Y (category) axis in Excel 2007 > especially if my source colu...

pocket excel
When entering words in the rows in excel on my laptop all you need to do is type a few letters and it matches the words previously entered, which saves time in retyping. On pocket excel I can't seem to find a way for that to work. How do you type a few letters to match a previously entered word? Thanks Madish, not sure about pocket excel but in excel its under tools, options, edit, check enable autocomplete for cell valves, may want to look at the options in your pocket excel, but a lot of things in excel are not available in pocket excel -- Paul B Always backup your data before t...

excel language settings/cell format
Hello everybody, I have an iMac (OS 9.2) running with Microsoft Office 2001 installed. The OS and Office is in german. The problem I got is that the cell format for the date is in English. E.g. on the iMac ddd stands for Mon, Tue, etc... but when I open the same Excel-sheet on a Windows machine (also german Windows & Office) I have the german settings for the date (TTT-> Mo, Die, ...). Now I wanted to change the settings on the iMac but haven't found a way to do so. I know that before I reformated the hdd of the Mac that the settings were in german but don't know how to ...

Using Brackets in Excel
I would like to know how to show negative numbers in an Excel worksheet in brackets rather than a minus sign in front of the number. Thanks and regards On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:50:05 -0700, "Robert" <Robert@kellyassociates.biz> wrote: >I would like to know how to show negative numbers in an >Excel worksheet in brackets rather than a minus sign in >front of the number. > >Thanks and regards Format/Cells/Number/Custom/Type: 0.00_];\[0.00\] --ron Hi Robert Select the Cells that you whish to apply formula to then, from the Format Menu select Cells, then s...

Excel #27
How do we obtain help on spreadsheet queries? We need to know how, if you enter a formula into a cell which changes the value in another cell how the changed value can be maintained in the second cell after deleting the amount entered into the first cell. Regards Dickey Hi Richard, Specifically you want a formula to be used and then you want that formula to change another cell and then for the formula to disappear. A formula cannot change the value in another cell. Try to explain what you want to do and what you have in a cell. It is unreasonable to try to answer a question that is ...

Open to default directory in Excel
Hello All, Thanks for all of the help, I really do appreciate it. I just have one more question. The following macro below allows me to import a text file into an existing excel spredsheet. Is it also possible for it to default to a specific directory to look for the text file. I am still fairly new to writing macros in excel and for that matter VBA and I really do appreciate it. '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub ImportTextFile(FName As String, Sep As String) Dim RowNdx As Integer Dim ColNdx As Integer Dim TempVal As Var...

Right Clicking a row or a cell in Excel cause Excel to crash
This problem just started over night. It will happen with any mouse (Apple Wireless or Microsoft). It also happens when the control key and left mouse click is used to obtain the secondary menu. Excel crashes before the secondary menu can appear. Right Click and Control Left Click works fine in other applications. All worked fine 8 hours earlier ...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

can i use COUNTIF with 2 conditions in excel 2000
respected sir, i want to use COUNTIF with two condition in excel (greater than 100000 but equal to 200000) i want to count the number of entries in the specified range. please help me =3DCOUNTIF(A1:A10,200000) On Jan 29, 11:59=A0am, jahangir <jahan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > respected sir, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 i want to use COUNTIF with two co= ndition in excel > (greater than 100000 but equal to 200000) i want to count the number of > entries in the specified range. please help me Hi =COUNTIF(A:A,>100000)-COU...

3D Scatter plot in Excel
How do I make a 3D scatter plot in Excel? Ideally I will be able to define the viewing angle of the 3D graph. Alternaviely, are there plug-ins that can fix this that are not too expensive? Alternatively, which other tools are available that are not expensive and are easy to use? Excel does not have the direct capability of creating 3D scatter plots with variable X, Y and Z. Try reviewing Tushar Mehta's site to see if that will work for you http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/index.html "Havard" wrote: > How do I make a 3D scatter plot in Excel? Idea...

Save Refreshable Excel Data for Offline Viewing
We created a dynamic Excel report that is a list of the avaiable inventory. We now need to send the Excel document to a customer and I cannot find an easy way to save the data of the file in a static manner, so the client who is not connected to the network, can access the inventory list. With everything I've tried, when I open the document its blank until I click "refresh data". I'm thinking there has to be a simple way to address this, but so far I cannot find it. (P.S. We are using Excel 2003) Thanks Two things I can think of to try (haven't used...

LOCKED EXCEL WORKBOOK
I have a workbook that somehow became "locked". I don't know how or why and also don't know how to unlock it or even what "locked" means. I checked the "properties" of the workbook and it doesn't show it as "read only" but it comes up that way. I can't even delete the file. When I bring it up I get the message Locked for editing by ". Confused.. Gary ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi you may check: http://www...

Bug in Excel handling exponents
If I type -10^6 in a cell, the resulting number is 1,000,000. However, shouldn't the exponent take precedence over the sign? Specifically, shouldn't the result be -1,000,000? Search for "Precedence" in excel's Help. (I used xl2003.) And you'll find out how excel treats arithmetic operators. It's not what you learned in school. But those are excel's rules. So you have to play by them if you stay in excel. Personally, I'll add ()'s to make sure the expression evaluates like I want. Schizoid Man wrote: > > If I type -10^6 in a cell, t...

Linking an Excel sheet to an object frame in a report
I am trying to use an Excel file as a template for an Access report. I Linked the Excel file through an unbound frame as an OLE object with the properties set as follows: Source Doc : C:\sajit\test.xls Source Item : test1 where test1 is the Excel range name for the format that I want to link insert into the Access report object frame. I also have other Excel sheets which are used as link objects for other reports within the same Excel file that I am using for the OLE link object for this report. The Excel sheets were made by making a 'Copy' 'Sheet' from...

I need to F9 one cell in excel not entire worksheet
I have a very complicated worksheet. So when I change numbers it takes so long for this one cell to recalculate. I need a F9 key for one specific cell (Like word to update) But all I can find is entire worksheet or workbooks. Please help Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C8FD806D-6CA6-405B-B6E0-C785DE88EA69@microsoft.com... > I have a very complicated worksheet. So when I change numbers it takes so > long for this one cell to recalculate. I need a F9 key f...