Web Query Refresh problem

Hi

I've set up a workbook that contains about 75 sheets. Each sheet contains a
web query. I then have a summary sheet which summarises the actual part of
information that I want from each web page.

Everything works fine, most of the time. I've set up a little button to
'refresh all data'. However, sometimes the refresh doesnt seem to work on
some of the sheets. It actually pulls data from a website which I've set up
on a different sheet. If, however, you go to that individual sheet, and
manually refresh that sheet, it pulls through the correct data from the web.
Sometimes it works ok, and other times it doesnt.

I'm really stumpped on this! Help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Tone
0
tone (7)

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

changing the SQL query on CRdc / CMSFlexGrid...example anywhere?
Hello, I have an application that connects to my remote database. I want to use the same window with CMSFlexGrid class to display the resukts from a query. Unfortunately, with my current setup the flex grid only displays the query results from the pre-runtime SQL property setting. Changing the SQL property in the connected CRdc and refreshing both remote data and CMSFlexGrid doesn't update to the new query. ie: void CDatabase_searchDlg::OnButton1() { //change to the new SQL query ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOTEDATACTL1))->SetSql("SELECT * FROM data"); ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(I...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

pivotchart refreshing
I have a pivot chart with two axes one line and column. when i refresh my pivot where the chart is based on my chart does not retain it=B4s format. it changes to one axes. how do i prevent that happening ?. i tried autoformatting and preserve formatting but nothing helps lennie This is a known problem with pivot charts. There's some information in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 lennert wrote: > I have a pivot chart with...

Relay Problems, NEED Help
Hello! I just moved my Internet Connector from 5.5 to 2003. Here comes the problem. I have one main domain name(abc.com) and then I also host another domain name(efg.com) that some of my people use. Here is the problem, right after I moved the Connector, my efg.com people can't recieve any mail. NDRs come back saying replaying is not allowed for this domain. I really don't want to open up relaying for obvious reasons, but do need to get the connector to also accept mail for efg.com domain. Can someone help? Make sure efg.com is configured in your recipient policy. htt...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Problem with being diconnected form DB.
We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries...

Problem with MessageBox and UpdateData
Hello, I develop a small MFC application when I put a button I can open my hard disk and I choose a file. After to have choose, size and name of the file are implemented in two variable of my new class. In fact, to reduce my source file, I add a source fille (.cpp) where I declare my function who open my hard directory, this is my source code : CString choix_film(int m_taille,CString m_essai2,CString m_essai1){ CString OpenFilter; OpenFilter = "All Files (*.*)|*.*||"; CString s; CFileDialog FileOpenDialog(TRUE,NULL,NULL,OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST|OFN_HIDEREADONLY|OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST,OpenF...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

query to find when an event happened
I have 12 years of weather data in one table, and have queries to give me total rainfalls between different dates etc, as well as max and min temperatures. What I would like now is a query to tell me what date in a selected range the max or min temperature was. I have tried the WHERE clause just see what it would return but I got a syntax error. Thanks See: Getting a related field from a GroupBy (total) queryat: http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

11.3.3 update causes Problems
I have autoupdates turned on, and this is the first update that has caused problems for me. I've figured out that post-update (which has been applied 3 times), if Entourage is running, I can not launch Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. I get an error telling me that it cannot load the Shared Libraries. If Entourage is not running, everything starts fine. I can then start Entourage. This is extremely inconvenient, as I use Entourage for my work email. What's the workaround for this? Is there a known issue with the updated? I am running MacOS X 10.4.8 on a 15" MacBook Pro with the...

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Address List Query
Hi, I want to create an ldap query for an address that returns only the users that are in a specific organisational unit. I have tried using the query builder but I don't find OU anywhere in the availble search criteria. So I suppose I need to learn some ldap. Can anyone recommend a good "LDAP for dummies" website? I would also appreciate any suggestions with this specific query I am trying to build. TIA, Jarryd ...

error problem
when trying to insert picture I get error Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. W are sorry for the inconvenience. this happens only if I search fo picture in c: drive, in other drives it's fine, drive error happens a soon as i click "look in" and select c: don't know if this would help but if i click "To see what data erro report contains it shows the following error signature: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.6308.0 ModName: libmplayer.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0001100 -- bgjjPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i Thought I'd c...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

Pivot Table Query crashes access 2007
Until recently I was able to create pivot table queries, now for some reason I am unable to. I create my query as per normal, then change the view to Pivot table view and access crashes, stops responding, and restarts. I think this is as a result of the updates for office that were downloaded and installed today. Otherwise, were can I go check to make sure I have all the correct add-ins, etc installed and activated, I doubt this is the cause though as I have not changed anything. I have also tested this in multiple databases and all of them crash. I am running Vista Business and Offi...

having a problem creating a histogram with an in between range
excel's standard graphs do not allow me to do an in between range for a histogram. Is there any way I can make each bar a range instead of a number with no spaces between bars? here's a drawing of what I'm looking for: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2511/histogramzi0.jpg ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Two seperate but same problems
I know these are two seperate problems, but I got them to work and I don't understand how. First: I have 6 fields that are conditionally formatted to be bold/red bg/yellow font if a corrosponding check box is ticked. It is coded: EXPRESSION IS [HP].Value=-1 Where HP is the Checkbox It doesn't work.....sort of. Second: I have a macro that print previews a report based on the ID (primary key) of the currecnt record (to be printed). When the button is clicked, a pop up appears asking for the ID (ID1). This is the macro coding: [ID1]=[Forms]![App 1]![I...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...