web discussion server

I'm teaching myself Excel 2002 and I'm doing the workbook
and it told me to go to online collaboration and click on
tools for web discussion but my computer won't let me do
it so what do I need to do to get this server. Please I
need help!
Thanks Marie

Physically moving RAID volumes between two servers
I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I realize it isn't a Windows issue, but... We have two Dell servers (PowerEdge 2900 and PowerEdge 2900 II), but running Windows 2003. Both servers have a RAID 1 for OS and a RAID 5 for Data. I'd like to take the RAID 5 off the old server and move to the new server and retain all data. Yes, I do have a backup, but I'd prefer not to have to restore. I understand RAID data is written to the drives, so I thought maybe I could do this with little headache, but I don't have a system to try this on. Does anyone know if thi...

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

[CRM 3.0] Sql Server Error converting appointment to opportunity
Hi all. First, I have installed Rollup 3.0, because there was suspicious affected cases similar to mine, but nothing is resolved. Converting an appointment to oportunity is causing me a lot of troubles. I'm receiving the infamous "SQL Server Error. Contact you System Administrator" message. In fact, I'm receiving these error with onload custom scripts in opportunity that seems that the problem was in the new opportunity created. But it's in the activities window where the messagbox appears. and when closes the message the grid has a message showing "Error Up...

Masquarade Exchange server HELP!
Hello, I'm testing an Exchange 2k3 installation.. The server was built using an internal naming scheme as follows: Server Name: blackwidow Win Domain: trackit.apt FQDN is then: blackwidow.trackit.apt Now this server delievers mail for a completely different public DNS name: webtrialz.net..... But when viewing the host header from a message that was SENT by this exchange server, I see the actual FQDN in the "Message-ID" field of the SMTP header.. I think this is causing some junk mail filters to flag the mail as junk since it's not matching the public domain na...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

copy entire database over to linked server
I just setup a linked server that is provided through our ISP. Our database is setup as merge replication that is pushed to four remote locations all running sql server. I want to setup the linked server with the same database. What is the best way to do this? Can I configure merge replication with the linked server so it is always up to date? We are using SQL SERVER 2000 WB WB Do you want to loop throu all tables and copy them into another server? Where do you want to create a linked server ? On main office to point to locations? "WB" <none> ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

How to promote a secondary server
Hi I have doubt over setup a primary and secondary server in windows 2003 (or) 2008 new forest in my new office. I promoted one server as a primary domain. All users are created and it's working fine.I know how to promote a server to a child domain for primary server. Now I want to know how i promote another server as a secondary domain. How can I do it? After promotion how I can conform all my primary data's in secondary server. Howdie! Am 27.02.2010 14:22, schrieb khan: > I have doubt over setup a primary and secondary server in windows 2003 > (or) 2008 new fores...

CRM 3.0 discussion board
Is there a discussion board dedicated specifically to 3.0 or is this the best place to be? this is the best place - this newsgroup has been around since version 1.0 and is where most english speaking Microsoft CRM implementors hang out ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Nahi" <nvsimon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1136933883.280947.128010@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a discussion board dedicated specifically to 3.0 or is this > the best...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Opening PPSX files from Web Pages
Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this? In article <496A37F7-72E6-4774-994F-8816C5E69871@microsoft.com>, Jjsmits9 wrote: > Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with > Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. > > I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone...

Why is Entourage accessing a strange server (ldap.bigfoot.com)?
I have Entourage 11.2.3 on a 1.25 GHz 20" iMac running OS 10.4.6. For the past week or so Entourage has been periodically accessing a strange server (ldap.bigfoot.com). I only know this because I see the progress bar in the bottom right corner of the screen. I have four email accounts, but none of them use a bigfoot server. Is this the result of some kind of virus or trojan horse? How do I stop it from accessing this server? If I cannot stop it, I was thinking about wiping my hard drive and reinstalling the OS and Entourage. However, the only way I know of to restore all my emails,...

run report on web page, import to excel

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

enter server time
i have a worksheet which contains 2 columns on entering "X" in a1, the current local system time is automaticall entered in a2 with the code If Target.Column = 2 Then Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now - Date i have shared the file on a network, and would now want a standard tim to be entered in a2.. i.e . i want the server time or my system tim (where the file is located) entered in a -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook Web Access Storage
I would like to change hosting providers for my POP 3 account which I use Outlook Web Access. What can I do to ensure all the current messages that are in Mail Box #1 transfer to the new provider Mail Box #2. The new isp says they do not have any tools, but my current ISP brought my old OWA files and mail box over complete from the very first ISP and POP 3 provider we had. Any insight/info would be helpful. Thx. Jay S Jay S. <JayS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to change hosting providers for my POP 3 account which I > use Outlook Web Access. This sentence doe...