Watermarks in Excel #4

Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several
pages) spreadsheet?  I am in the stone age, using Excel
97.  Thank.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several
> pages) spreadsheet?  I am in the stone age, using Excel
> 97.  Thank.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Excel 2000 Template
Does anyone know the password for the VB code of the invoice.xlt from Excel 2000, or how the get into the code. This template is much better than the one provided with the Office XP and Office 2003 which have no functionality. Unfortunately it doesn't work properly on the newer versions. Thanks GC Try "chzdood" (no quotes). Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 07:12:02 -0700, GC <GC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know the password for the VB code of the invoice.xlt from Excel >2000, or how the get into the code. >This template is...

Watermark
How do I put watermark "DRAFT" diagonally in the background? consider putting in a background page with it on it and then attaching the background to each of your foreground pages. al "VisoUser" <VisoUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F4913A-4B6B-46E6-9CFB-878DF3E2956E@microsoft.com... > How do I put watermark "DRAFT" diagonally in the background? Hi VU, I have an HP laser printer, and buried deep in File > Page Setup > Print Setup > Setup... > Printer... > Properties... > Effects there is a...

An ODBC add-in should be available for Excel 2003
Why isn't there an ODBC add-in for excel 2003 like there is in previous versions, or are there any other methods available to query and import data from a "DBF" file? "Chris Humphrey" <Chris Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10F57A94-F736-4F78-95E2-0E7C87EE9C44@microsoft.com... > Why isn't there an ODBC add-in for excel 2003 like there is in previous > versions, or are there any other methods available to query and import data > from a "DBF" file? You can use Data|Import external data. You have to create an ODBC ...

Aligning charts in excel
I have a series of charts on the same worksheet in excel. Is there a way to align them without having to drag them manually (like the function in PowerPoint)? Hi, You can align the chartobjects easily enough using the Alignment options on the Drawing toolbar. To select charts as objects rather than activecharts hold the CTRL key when selecting the charts. Is that the same method in powerpoint? Align items within charts, such as plotarea, will require vba code. Cheers Andy Lesley wrote: > I have a series of charts on the same worksheet in excel. Is there a way to > align t...

Changing language in Excel
Hi My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing it back to english? I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I do seems to change it Thanks Hi see your other post in public.excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Astron Pantingtons" <astropants@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c78ee354.0405270547.27f07bc7@posting.google.com... > Hi > > My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing > it back to english? > > I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I d...

Excel asking for save with no changes
OK, I'll try this again. I've searched the fora, and can't find thes specific issues addressed, so any help is greatly appreciated. I have an intranet website for distribution of documents to coworkers It works just fine for .pdf's, word and html files, but I've run into snag with some Excel files. I'm using direct links to the files, so the open up in the web browser. All files are protected at the Sheet an Workbook levels. Some files open and close (via the "Back" button) jus fine. Others, however, produce the following popup upon exit: This document ha...

Save as on the web in Excel
Hi- I have a couple of web pages that pull up Excel spreadsheets. When the customer goes to 'save as' to save the spreadsheet it give the connection to with log in an password. Now this doesn't happen on all machines. Is there a setting that needs to be changed so that customers don't get the connect to at all. Or any ideas I could try. Thanks in advance! JB ...

Can I project an Excel spreadsheet without the menu bar?
Is there any way to "auto-hide" the worksheet menu bar in Excel the way we can "auto-hide" the taskbar? I want to project an Excel spreadsheet onto a screen but do not want the worksheet menu bar to be visible. Thank you to anyone who can help. Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, scroll down to Worksheet Menu Bar, and uncheck it. Or, with VBA, Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "DEN-RIK" <DEN-RIK@discussions.micros...

mircosoft excel
I have delete a page i need in excel how do i get i back Assuming you haven't as yet saved the file *after* you delete the sheet (hope so this is the case), then just close the file without saving. Re-open. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "jumpingjack" wrote: > I have delete a page i need in excel how do i get i back Assuming you have already saved the file, THAT file cannot be "repaired", as such. Your only hope is if you backed the file up, or emailed it somewhere, or if you are on a network and your MIS dept can supply a b...

excel contents cells on different worksheet like a comment
I am using excel as a database with multiple worksheets containing different data some of which is related. I would like to view the contents of a range of cells on one worksheet in a different worksheet such as a comment function. Worksheet (a) would contain a name and serial number [a range of four cells] and worksheet (b) would contain the same serial number but not the name. So as I look at the serial number in a cell on worksheet b if I place my cursor on that cell then a visual link or comment would appear showing me the name on worksheet a. Any chance you can just use anothe...

automation on excel(automated from Access VBA code) stops when opening another excel file
Hi all, I built automation in vba to automate excel from access my problem is when another excel file is opened,the automation on the excel file stops is it posible to block any interrupt of another excel file during the automation? yeah. Dim XlApp as new Excel.Application XlApp.Visible = False now.. if you're running macros in another workbook; and you don't properly look for the current workbook? then you need to fix your code "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177661867.461088.191770@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I built a...

WaterMark
Would anyone know the best way to design a water mark and then placing it on an invoice Jake, I don't think there is any way to do this with Report Writer, you'd have to be using another reporting tool for your invoices, like Crystal Reports. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "jake" <jostop@langeloth.com> wrote in message news:1149004571.468880.137860@r44g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Would anyone know the best way to design a water mark and then placing > it on an invoice > Hi Jake I can think of two possible ways to do this. 1) Some printer drivers hav...

Excel 2003 scrolling
When using Excel, I have always been able to use the scroll wheel to navigate vertically in a spreadsheet. With the installation of Excel 2003, scrolling occurs left to right. Any solutions? ...

Office 2004 Test Drive #4
Hi Friends I just got my new MAcbook Pro and was taking it for a test drive when I came to a screeching halt. It seems my clock was set for the wrong time zone which was past midnight and hence was registering Tuesday when it was still Monday. I had already started the test drive for office 2004 and then when I was playing around and notice the time was not correct I set it. After that since the date was now one day earier my Office 2004 would not run. even though it is ow Tuesday it still will not run it tells me that it is expired (after 2 hours) is there any help for this. I am afraid...

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

Corrupt Excel 97 File
My wife has a file that has become corrupted and can no longer open it. I did a Google search and found several programs or services that will do the trick. I downloaded a demo of Excelfix and it worked like a charm. However, 89.00USD is a little too steep for fixing one small file. (I am sure lots of people would and have paid more than 89.00 and think it is a bargain.) Are there any other options? I searched the MS Knowledgebase and found information that might help if I could open the file, but it will not open. I get an error that reads " The file may be read only...or I may be tryin...

can not import Excel worksheet in accounting express 2008
error message reads as follows; The following error was found trying to read import source file: Format of the initial String Does Not conform to specification Starting at index 34 any ideas? need help badly.....please & thank you Hi Dave, Only guessing but I would look for invalid data in line 34 or 35. (Index 34 might or might not include a header row so look in rows 34 and 35). Particularly look for invalid dates etc or even missing data. Compare each cell to data in previous row and see what is different. Also does accounting express allow you to import .csv files. If so then...

email notification #4
When an email comes into the mail box, an envelope icon appears in the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen. I have set up junk emails to go directly to the deleted box instead of going to the inbox. When the deleted junk email comes into the email the icon still is displayed, however, I want the envelope not to be displayed when the email is sent to the deleted box. I do want the envelope to be dispalyed only for my true Inbox emails. Can some one assist me in setting this functionality up in my Windows 2000 Dell LapTop??? Thank you ron kalinowski <anonymous@discuss...

copy and paste excel freeze
Hi, I am running Office 2003 in Windows 2000 Pro. try to copy the excel worksheet and paste to another new workshee takes long and the system seems freeze for a while b4 the process finish anyone have samme experience? ...

Removing the watermark from a MS Word document
Hi I am using MS2007. In the word docuemnt i have water mark appearing in all the pages as DRAFT. I want to remove that watermark. Can you please guideme how to remove the water mark. Assuming it is a Word watermark go to the Page Layout tab - Page Background group, click the Watermark button & select Remove Watermark. If the document has varied Headers/Footers based on Sections you may have to do the same for each section. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/26/09 5:00 AM, in article A5884F24-21E5-4768-A65D-ACBF88E5CDE6@microsoft.com, "thomas" ...

Locking a column. Excel, 2002.
I don't know if locking is the correct phraseology and perhaps that is why I can't find an answer. In column A are the numbers, 1, 2, 3, and so on and I want these numbers to remain stationary (they are the rank ordering) when I do a sort on another column (say H). -- Regards Ron Badour Select the range that you want to sort, but avoid column A. Then sort your data. If you let excel guess at the range, it'll think that you may want all the contiguous columns sorted. Personally, I would sort that column, too. But I'd fill it with a formula like: =row()-1 (headers...

excel #3
I have old version 5 installed on windows xp and it works fine. I can not open a floppy made with excel 2000. Do I have a bad floppy or are the programs not compatable? NEVER open a floppy with any version of excel. copy the file to the HD and open from there. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "phil" <pbears@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:014e01c35c43$696d7090$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have old version 5 installed on windows xp and it works > fine. I can not open a floppy made with excel 2000. Do I > have a bad floppy or are...

Excell only displays the formula, not the results
Both the target cell a destination cell are formatted as general and unlocked. I tried switching Formula auditing on/off, but nothing happens Now what? Click in the cell, then: <F2> <Enter> If the formula was entered while the format was text, just changing the format to General or Number afterwards doesn't work. You have to re-enter the formula. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Ren´┐Ż" <Ren@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Watermark Picture
I can insert a picture and set its property to WaterMark. However, I can't get the image (picture) to go behind the worksheet fields. The image continues to stay ontop of the cells. How do you get the image to Go Behind the cells? Using the Send To Backgound right click option didn't work!!! Try this If you insert a Autoshape to your sheet you can place a picture in it(change transperancy to your needs) See Debra's site for how to do it with Comments(the same for a Auto shape) http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ronde...

display last entry in Excel
I have created a column that calculates the running total, and i would like Excel to use only the last value in the list. however, when a new value is added to the bottom of the list, excel will then take that entry. Can anybody help. Thanks Ayedeeh If the data is contiguous, (say in column A), you could use this =INDIRECT("A"&COUNTA(A:A)) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "ayedeeh" <ayedeeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4761D500-6906-4E41-9D94-36783FC7C4EC@microsoft....