want to link excel doc. to pdf.

is it possible for me to link (using copy then paste special then past
link) an excel document to a pdf document. I want the files to be th
exact same, so when i make changes to the excel document, i
automatically updates the pdf doc. I want to do this because the exce
document is a current availibility of my products and the pdf documen
is that same availibility to be viewed on my website. I constantly mak
changes to my availibility and it would be so much easier if i
automatically linked to the pdf. i'd appreciate any input. perhap
someone has an even better approach to my situation.

thanks,

jessic

--
jtrushi
jtrushin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2397

I don't believe this is possible, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"jtrushin" wrote:

> is it possible for me to link (using copy then paste special then paste
> link) an excel document to a pdf document. I want the files to be the
> exact same, so when i make changes to the excel document, it
> automatically updates the pdf doc. I want to do this because the excel
> document is a current availibility of my products and the pdf document
> is that same availibility to be viewed on my website. I constantly make
> changes to my availibility and it would be so much easier if it
> automatically linked to the pdf. i'd appreciate any input. perhaps
> someone has an even better approach to my situation.
>
> thanks,
>
> jessica
>

> --
> jtrushin
> jtrushin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23976
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375952

0
BarbR (262)

want questions

restrict excel export to some users
hello, we would like to allow the excel export only to some of our reporting service users. i know that we can switch off excel export in the ssrs instance, but then nobody can export report data to excel. we would like to allow one usergroup can export to excel, other groups not. how can i realize this? any howto´s, ideas or workarrounds? thanks andreas -- mfg andreas I am not aware of any way to do this unless you write your own front end instead of using Report Manager. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "AnRa" <...

I want more!

workbook links, remove a bad one
I have a workbook with a link to a workbook that no longer exists. I can't figue out how to remove move it. There is nothing listed in any of my books or the help file. Has anyone seen a procedure, anywhere. I'd love to get rid of the message window when the file opens up. Dave You could have a link in a named range. Check Insert>Name>Define on each sheet. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm With this add-in you can find and delete links. On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:35:58 -0700, "Dave Welsh"...

EXCEL #20
Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the active cell in a workbook? I'm Not quite sure what you are asking. Do you want the color of a cell to change automatically depending on whether or not a certain condition is met (conditional format) or do you just simple want to select a cell and change the background color to something other than white? Look at the buttons across the top of the Excel Window on the toolbar. There should be a button that has a small paint can icon on it with a yellow stripe underneath it. Click there and choose the color you want to change to. The but...

Text want wrap in text box

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Dynamics GP routing link several BOM's at once
When using routing links allow selection of several items at once to link to a routing step instead of one at a time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=487897...

Opening CSV file(saved in unicode) in excel
Hi, If anyone can help me on this, I would really appreciate that. I have a file that is saved in .csv extension (Unicode format). Let's say for example, I have the data as follows: "text1","text2",123,"text3",450.00 When I save the above data in .csv (in Ascii format) and open in excel file, I see that each value is placed in adjacent columns. When I save the same data in .csv (Unicode) I see the whole information appears in the single cell(first cell only). Is there a limitation to the CSV FILE opening in EXCEL, with Unicode format? Any inputs/...

excel 97 #6
Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when saving an excel document. ex. file.xls:2 This indicates that you have two (or more) windows open viewing the same worksheet. Close all but one of them to restore Excel to its more normal state. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "pz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b1a01c398a4$3c94f780$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when > saving an excel document. ex. ...

Link to last entry #3
Thanks for clearing that up. I pasted it from the Google link and i works fine now. Just a tip if anyone else reads this - when I paste it in, it didn't seem to want to be entered as an array formula, so just deleted one of the brackets and replaced it, then pressed ctr -shift-enter and it worked. Thanks again. Max Wrote: > Believe the site/place where you're posting to or reading posts from > unfortunately removes all the "greater than", "less than" or "not equa > to" > symbols from posts, including from within formulas, that's the t...

how do I switch from excel 2002 to excel 2003
I have started a excel 2003 class and I have excel 2002. Is there any way I can do free uploads to swtich it to 2003? Not to my knowledge. But except for some XML features on the advanced level, those two Excel versions are as good as identical. I doubt you will notice that you are using 2002 and not 2003. HTH. Best wishes Harald "LisaB31" <LisaB31 @discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:FEECDF43-3806-4353-9F0E-F9AFA9148E26@microsoft.com... > I have started a excel 2003 class and I have excel 2002. Is there any way I > can do free uploads to swtich it to 2003...

SUMIF() confusion (Excel 2003)
I have a table with named ranges: A = Date F = LWOP I am trying to calculate the LWOP taken in the CURRENT calendar year. My formula is yielding a result of 0, even though there are 8 hours of LWOP with a date of 2010. These are the formulas I have tried: =SUMIF(Date,"YEAR(Date)=YEAR(TODAY())",LWOP) =SUMIF(Date,IF("Year(Date)=2010",TRUE),LWOP) (I also tried both of those without the quotation marks.) Looking at the posts here, I saw one that seemed similar from last September and I tried this: =SUMIF(Date,YEAR(Date) "=" & YEAR(TOD...

Tip to count and list fonts in Excel sheet
Hello, I have a large Excel sheet, with various fonts used, and I want to kno how many fonts are in the sheet and their name. Anyone can give me a ti to do this job in a simple way -- NetScorpiu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NetScorpium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 ...

2004 excel to 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I created bar graphs in Excel 2004 and when I open them in 2008 only half the data shows, where there were 4 bars there are now only 2, also I have some with 6 bars (2 series with 3 averages in each series), do you know how to fix this? ...

excel language version
How do I test for excel language version? I would like a macro to read and report on the language version in use. See http://www.rondebruin.nl/international.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fan924" <a924fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f82dfcf-deb0-4b1b-bffc-914f734483ed@h40g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > How do I test for excel language version? I would like a macro to read > and report on the language version in use. hi you might try something like this.. Sub whatisit() Dim CC As Long CC = Application.Internatio...

Formula for row height in Excel
Is there a formula in Excel to adjust row height. I have a long list, and if a 0 appears, I want the row to collapse automatically. I'm pretty sure you can do it in VBA, but I just want a formula to insert directly into the cell. Formulas can't do this, you'll need VBA. tj "Will" wrote: > Is there a formula in Excel to adjust row height. I have a long list, and if > a 0 appears, I want the row to collapse automatically. I'm pretty sure you > can do it in VBA, but I just want a formula to insert directly into the cell. ...

Link to another file.
I have file A, which is used by several other files, All works ok. Except, that say File B reads on Row 28, data from file A, row 32. When I have to make a change in File A, as in adding/deleting rows, my other files don't recognize that, and will then read incorrect data and I have to change their links continually. Is there anyway to keep this from happening? I'm not sure of any codes in vba, or even how to work with multi files. I'm going to play with that when I get a chance. but for an idea, could you name the ranges that are needed in you formulas? insert > na...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

Linking excel charts to a powerpoint file
I have a two part question regarding pulling linked charts into PowerPoint: 1 - I need to pull several linked charts from an excel file into a PowerPoint file. How do I tell ppt which charts to put where? I need 2 per page and there are about 50. 2. When I attempted to pull in my first chart only a portion of the chart appeared in ppt. How do I get the entire chart to appear? Hi Nancy, I am also having problems with linking excel charts (xlsx format) into a pptx presentation. This worked successfully before upgrading to Office 2007. Each month I have to redo the linkin...

excel templates #5
Please can someone tell me where I can find a 32 person knockout tournament excel template ...