Vlookup with a specific item

Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.:

A                   B          C
emp. no.   Start date  Edu
1              01/01/90   Dip
1              01/01/95   Deg
2              01/01/82   Cert
2              01/01/86   Dip
2              01/01/90   Deg

How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date?
Thanks in advance.

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula>}"

With emp. no. in cell D2 and Start date in cell D3 try the below formula

=INDEX(C2:C10,MATCH(1,(A2:A10=D2)*(B2:B10=D3),0))

--
Jacob

"kattay" wrote:

> Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.:
>
> A                   B          C
> emp. no.   Start date  Edu
> 1              01/01/90   Dip
> 1              01/01/95   Deg
> 2              01/01/82   Cert
> 2              01/01/86   Dip
> 2              01/01/90   Deg
>
> How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date?
> Thanks in advance.

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?
Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my default account. I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used? Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder. Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder - ie..the second folder is used. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E5...

checking whether the current object is a specific class.
Hello. I need to check whether the current object Is a specific class, For example : function a(b as object) ' I need to check here, whether b is Button class. ' How can I do that ? end function Thanks :) Am 10.06.2010 21:36, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I need to check whether the current object Is a specific class, > > For example : > function a(b as object) > ' I need to check here, whether b is Button class. > ' How can I do that ? > end function > > Thanks :) What's your intention? -- Armin On J...

Item class roll down
we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the change did not roll down to the existing items in the class. Is there a work around for this or a script maybe? any suggestion would be appreciated. thanks! Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera. Making these changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via a SQL update command is dangerous. Make a ful...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

insert category Id into Items table
Can some please help me how to insert the ID from Category and Department tables into the Items table. I have the does some one have the correct SQL for this Thank you jm can u explain it further? "jm" wrote: > Can some please help me how to insert the ID from Category and Department > tables into the Items table. I have the does some one have the correct SQL > for this > Thank you > jm ...

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

VLOOKUP in VBA

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

multiple item select from a combo box
I want to use this as a navigational tool, rather than to "input" values into a database. This control will be on a form that sets parameters for graphical chart displays. One of the requirements is to be able to select multiple values from a 2nd combo box after a 'parent' 1st combo box determines what should be in the 2nd one. I have a couple of ideas of how to do this, but was just wondering if someone has already tackled something like this before. I suppose I could populate a temporary table that has yes/no values in it and display that in a subform (which scroll...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

Specific function to get the sum
Hi all, I have an excel table with data like: ticket amount invoice n=B0 45 145$ 7025.222-(75 ) 45 120$ 7025.222-(75) 45 12$ 7025.222-(25) 46 555$ 7025.235 46 10$ 7025.236 47 188$ 7026.735-(80) 47 52$ 7026.735-(20) What I'd like to do is: to make the sum of each ticket "like 45" but with an argument when the invoice ends with -(75) make sum of ticket 45 =3D [(145$+120$)/75%],if invoice ends ...

how to send mail to a specific id
When chosing to send mails to an account, I just get to choose the account. But there are cases where I maintain more than one mail ids (email1, email2 and email3 fields). Is it possible for me to choose which mail id of the account I want to send the mail to? Thanks ...

looking for dbx file format specification
hi, I am looking for dbx file format specification I am aware of the specification of Arne Schloh at http://oedbx.aroh.de, but it seems incomplete and unofficial is there something more complete and more official, describing the microsoft outlook 5 or 6 file format thanks, gjuro namely, the real question is how to write a program to read dbx files, preferably from .net (C# or VB.NET), preferably without any special library but with barebone byte reading, directly from file "Gjuro Kladaric" <gjuro@kladaric.net> wrote in message news:uK3Ci8#xK...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...

Item in account will not show in budget.
My wife's social security income will not show in budget - actual. I assign the item to an income category (wife SS) yet it will not show in the budget actual column - it stays 0. ? thanks for ant help Hald I had the same thing happen. If you just started using money or the social security income is a new addition, meaning you never have entered it into money before, or if the transaction happened before the 1st of the month it won't show up. For the last one you have to adjust the setting at the top (the drop down box) for the time period you want to view. For the others you ...

incorporate paste value in vlookup
is there a way to incorporate "paste value" in a vlookup formula ? I have the vlookups in the column working and feeding off of the multiple worksheets. the data will be updated weekly (and new columns with the updated data added) and i would rather just copy new data on top of the old in the worksheets instean of having to add new worksheets with new data... as to keep the previous column from changing. -- problem ...

Displaying the number of unread items
I have just upgraded from Outlook XP/2002 to Outlook 2003 and noticed that the number of unread items no longer displays for public folders. I am in an Exchange 5.5 environment. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks! Are you using Public Folder Favorites or just the standard Public Folders? If you add the folders to your Favorites, they should display. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After search...

vlookup inside an if statement?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi everybody! I have to do a vertical lookup of an object that might or might not exist, in case it doesnt exist normally it gives back Ref! but the thing is that if this objet doesnt appear on the data base is because is zero. This Ref! is not allowing me to make a sum since this objet is part of it. Maybe with an example would be easier to explain. i have to pull from a database the number of cars sold of three brands A,B, C, In the database unless is one car of the type it will not appear. lets say we hav...

Nested vlookup
My formula is: =((VLOOKUP($W$5181,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP($W$5182,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE)))*0.001 The formula looks up the value in "$W..."and returns the amount of orders. I alwayshave values for the first part of the lookup, but niot the second. THe issue is that if there nothing to report back for the second lookup, it gives me an "#NA" errror instead of at least returning the value for the first lookup. Any help? Thanks, TJ Wrap both Lookups in their own ISNA() wrapper to trap for that error:- =(IF(ISNA(VLookup1),0,VLookup1)+IF(ISNA(VL...

Vlookup?
I am trying to sum the cells in column "AY" for each row that has a positive value in column "S" I am very confused and this is what I have so far. Can you help me please? =SUM(VLOOKUP($S$3:$S$502>0,$S3:$AY502,33,FALSE)) Try =SUMIF(S3:S502,">0",AY3:AY502) Hope this helps, Hutch "Doug" wrote: > I am trying to sum the cells in column "AY" for each row that has a positive > value in column "S" > I am very confused and this is what I have so far. Can you help me please? > > =SUM(VLOOKUP($S...

Q) CCombobox only displays one item.
Hi, I've added several strings into a combobox, but I did see only selected item when I clicked the dropdown button. (please see below sorce code. I only see "A-" when I clicked the droupdown button) Why i didn't see any other string such as "A+", "A", and etc? Could you please advise me? Thank you. Daum BOOL CGradeDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // TODO: Add extra init CString str = _T("A+"); m_Grade.AddString( str ); str = _T("A"); m_Grade.AddString( str ); ...