Vlookup will not retrun value

I have a very simple formula

=VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE)

When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see
=VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed.  How do I get this to retun
the value and not the text string?

Format the cell as General (or anything but text).
Then hit F2, then enter (excel will see that it's a formula)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Maybe the cell is formatted as text. Select the cell format as general then
tap F2 and ENTER
--
Mike

question.

"Dave Shultz" wrote:

> I have a very simple formula
>
> =VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE)
>
> When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see
> =VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed.  How do I get this to retun
> the value and not the text string?

Outlook Process Will Not Stop When Exiting
About half the time I exit Outlook 2000 on my Win XP Pro box it doesn't ask if I want to delete items in my Deleted Items folder and just quits. I Ctrl-Alt-Del to Task Manager and the OUTLOOK.EXE process is still running. Why is this happening? This sometimes happens to me at work with Outlook 2000 and Win 2000 SP4 but not nearly as much as here at home. Thanks! ...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

ICal synch conflicts will not resolve
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I'm getting a warning of numerous sync conflicts in a dialog box called &quot;Conflict Resolver&quot; which is picking up minor differences in appointments from six months ago. I haven't been through the whole list of 100, but most are calendar items from the past that should not have changed. <br><br>When I click the button to &quot;review now&quot; I am presented with a list of the appointments one by one. I also have the option to resolve all in ...

Not all links will work
I have links to songs from a CD on my site. Most links work fine except for 2 or 3. They go back to my home page instead of opening the download window. In all respects they are identical to the other links in HTML and preview. Post a URL to the site and identify the links that do not work -no one can help if they can't see what is wrong -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see: http...

Users mailbox locked because server will not purge data
We have a user who tried to send an email with a 38 MB attachment (after repeatedly instructing her that we have a 3 MB attachment limit) which caused her account to not allow her to send or receive emails since she had gone over her mailbox limits. She moved the email from her Sent Items to her Deleted Items and then emptied her Deleted Items folder. The user is in one of our remote offices. When she checks her folder size, her Local Data only shows the size of her mailbox as 160 KB but when we look on System Manager it still shows her mailbox size as 38 MB. She emptied her deleted items fold...

Publisher will not uninstall
I purchased and installed publisher 2002 last year. However, it got messed up when I installed my new printer software from Canon. I therefore attempted to uninstall the Publisher. At this point, the attempt starts the installer and prompts to insert the publisher 2002 disk.Unfortunately I have misplaced this CD. What can I do? I dont want to buy another Publisher 2002. It appears you have four options: Leave things as is. Replace the CD. Upgrade to Publisher 2003 (this will require either Windows 2000 or XP) Reformat the hard drive. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the gre...

Newton Funds showing incorrect values
Previously it has been identified that there's a problem when downloading values for Newton Funds. The suggestion was that this wasn't unusual and would be corrected. However, it's still a problem and I wondered whether anyone knew when the correction was likely to happen! I'm using MONEY 2004 on Windows XP No, we don't know. It might be worth raising an UK MSN Money problem ticket so they know you're waiting on it, if you haven't already. (http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/322.aspx) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http:...

Mouse Move response based on combo box value
Hello, all. I have been asked to add a feature to an exiting form where a "note" will appear on mouse over only if a combo box of a continuous form is a particular value (i.e. Annual Safety Training). The main form is frmEmployees, the subform is subformClassesAttended. The combo box is Combo12, but it is displaying the text description (colmun 2) associated with a bound field of a number type, classID. I have a hidden label, lblInfo, with the info to be displayed but am not sure of the coding & whether I should be referencing the description in Combo12 or Class...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

how to plot ONE x-y curve of two datas with different x values?
I have this data: x: (1.1) (3.6) (6.0) (7.5) (9.2) ... y: (4.2) (5.6) (6.3) (9.4) (9.6) ... and this data: x: (2.3) (3.2) (5.4) (6.7) (7.2) ... y: (1.2) (2.4) (3.3) (6.4) (8.9) ... Now I want a x-y chart with a SINGLE smooth curve, showing the average result of these two datas. By average, I mean that, suppose I have two curves, I want a curve which is always in the middle of them. As you can see, my problem is that the x data is not very regular, and the x data of both datas usually do not coincide. Thanks! You need to create a single table of all your x values, and interpolate to find th...

change value with report
I have a report that has worked fine for years on my system. The query is based on one yes/no check mark on about 10 records every quarter but now it has 50 records. To much to change by hand. After I run the report I need to set this field to false and set a second field to true. Can someone tell me were to look to find a solution Thank You Stephen Use the report's Close event to run an update query that will reset those fields' values for you. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Stephen" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uwj1zWhiIH...

SMTP virtual server will recieve mail but will not send
In the ques SMTP virtual server all messages show as queued but do not send. ISP is Earthlink and 2 MX point to the domai "environmentalresearchinc.com. the "a" address points to the pop server. all incoming mails are recieved, POP connector is used to recieve from 2 different ISP's. No mail ever gets sent. Sounds like DNS is broken. What do your logs say? "Tom "pcdoc"" <Tom "pcdoc"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4E89B5B-EAC0-4B6C-B3F3-7E047FABE9F3@microsoft.com... > In the ques SMTP virtual server all messag...

#VALUE! #2
Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web site, one of the columns contains numbers, yet when I try to refer to those numbers in formulas in other cells, it always comes up with the #VALUE! message, as though it were text in there, not numbers. Any ideas? Please refrain from multiposting, for a possible answer see your post in the worksheet.functions NG -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Cam" <kingsandmadmen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2c43601c39384$b28da7e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web > site, one of...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Options reset to values of most recently opened workbook
I've noticed a behavior in Excel 2000 SP-2 on Windows 2000 Professional SP-3 and I'm not sure if it is an error, by design, or correctable by some option or setting I'm missing When I open multiple workbooks I've found that the options settings under Tools/Options for the most recently opened workbook apply to ALL open workbooks. It might be best to explain by a couple of examples 1. I normally have the "Windows in Taskbar" option checked so I can view each of my open workbooks as a separate item in the taskbar. I have all of my workbooks set up this way. If I r...

Trend Line constants as Excel Cell Values
I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel Cells. Are there formula's to do this? Equation is Y = Ax(2) + Bx + C. I want the value of A,B and C in seperate cells. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Thanks -- Ken Hi Ken, Supposing your x-range is in A2:A10, and y-range in B2:B10, select a 3-column x 1-row area and enter the following formula and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B10,A2:A10^{0,1,2},0,) Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Ken" wrote: > I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel &g...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

Money 2005 Premium will not launch
The msmoney.exe process can be seen in Task Manager, but Money never comes up. I have uninstalled, removed the folder from Program Files, removed the registry entries in HKCU and HKLM, removed the folder from Local Settins\Application Data... tried it in safe mode... and I still cannot get it to launch. Am I forgetting a step? How about Safe Mode? Anything speciifc in your system settings, such as the path of the My Documents folder? "Jim Graham" wrote: > The msmoney.exe process can be seen in Task Manager, but Money never comes > up. I have uninstalled, removed the fo...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Scatter Chart with non-numeric values on X axis
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to create a scatter chart (graph) wit words for the x axis. I'm trying to setup a graph showing availabilit of servers, so for the Y axis I want to show a percentage (betwee 1-100%), and for the X axis, I want to show the name of the servic (mail, news, etc). However, it seems that with a scatter chart I ca only do numeric values on both axis. Is there any way around this? Thx -- penas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- penasm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

Making a worksheet and a graph that doesn't show zero values
Hi I am trying to build a template worksheet for my research. I get a file of logged data per day. I want to be able to copy the logged data from a .CSV file to a template file. Then separate worksheets will look at the raw data and import data from certain columns into that worksheet. The data is not logged in a regular way, there can be 30 cells between logging intervals or 29 or 31 cells. I can select that every cell in a column of Worksheet 1 looks at a set cell in the "Raw Data" worksheet. This will then give me a column consisting of logged data values with zeroes ...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

Can not see CString's value when debugging
I'm very sure I'm in the CString's life scope, but I can not see its value but only some "???". Any other type of variables are ok. But some days ago, in the same project, I can see CString's value when debugging. So, what's wrong of CString in debug mode? Now I nearly can't do the debugging job! >So, what's wrong of CString in debug mode? It's a limitation of the debugger. Newer versions of CString have optimisations for the storage of small/long strings that the debugger doesn't cater for :( Dave ...